Advanced Hair Studio - Strand by Strand Surgical treatment

Hi all,

I am about to go ahead with the AHS strand by strand surgical treatment where they apparently take the root of one hair from the back of the head and implant it in the affected area.

I have read about all these horror stories about strand by strand hair pieces etc that look like rugs etc etc yet i'm very confused because no-one has mentioned the surgical strand by strand... why is this? Am i being lied to and that what they will affectively do is just glue some hair in?

They did not take a sample of my hair as the consultant said they would only do that if they were going to do the non-surgical strand by strand

They said that the surgical strand by strand is the newest latest treatment and the one that has the best results.

Does anybody know anything about this treatment that can help me?

Thanks and i really need a reply.

Danny

What Spex said!

I too wasted many thousands on this BS years ago. Stay away from this company mate!

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi guys, thank you for the speedy and informative response.

As someone who is new to this area (although i have been balding for some years now but finally gettting the balls to do something about it) i really don't know where to go for the right treatment and i have sometimes felt suicidal at the embarrassment and shame of losing my hair whilst still relatively young.

I hope that you guys can help me in the right direction. If i explain where i am in terms of my hair loss perhaps you can advise.

My front is receding in the typical "Jack Nicholson / Dracula" way although i still have enough hair on top that falls to the sides to convincingly cover it (except when the wind blows).

It started because i used to have a scalp condition that i believe is what caused the hair loss, i got treatments for this and it has disappeared and i'm no longer losing my hair although their is no chance of regrowing the lost hair as the folicles are dead.

I bought and have been using a laser comb for a while now, which although doesn't grow my lost hair it does tend to improve my existing hair quality but i have no decided to take the next step and go the surgery way. I don't want to go in to a process of experimenting with lots of different shampoos and oils to try to recover what i already know is gone.

However, in terms of surgery, i stayed away from having implants because of the fakeness and how intrusive the procedure is, or was, until i heard about the surgical strand by strand procedure offered by AHS.

They advised me that i would need about 2500 done for ?10,000 via a surgeon in Dublin. After reading on here about people who are much balder than me getting 2500 my alarm bells started to ring, i honestly don't think i need THAT much to cover what's missing.

Now that what you've told me, i'm lost as in what to do? Where should i go? I've read about Dr Farjos in Manchester and London, are they any good? What does being a coalition member of the recommended hair restoration physicians mean in terms of the level of expertise?

By the way, are you Spex the same guy who recommends Dr Feller in New York? What would you say about Dr Farjos?

Please please any help on this matter as i don't know where else to turn

Thanking you

DGee

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback given.

Spex, when you say you can vouch for Farjos, when doing a little bit of research on them i have seen some negative feedback about them online and would appreciate your view on it.

On the Hairlossexperience, a certain NN doesn't recommend them and suggests to go abroad (Link removed by moderator - see Terms of Service)

Now to be totally honest, the US and Canada is out of the question for me due to work commitments etc but Belgium is an option, would you agree with his statement that the best in Europe are there?

I know that opinions vary but surely there are in the end some surgeons who simply are better and i would really appreciate your most honest opinion. Think of it like this... if you had to choose one surgeon in Europe to do your own treatment, who would it be?

Thanks for any help

DGee

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Have you paid for the advanced "crap" stand by stand yet? If you have you probably want to request for a refund ASAP. I was lured into thinking it was a proper hairloss solution (very good salesman, or what they like to call them "hair experts").

Luckily I realised quick and demanded a refund, but already lost a couple hundred due to the contract terms. What you have to do is research and then research some more. Their so called stand by stand surgical crap is just using super gluing a racoon's ass to your head that needs constant maintenance throughout the year (which isn't cheap).

Thanks Vince, for your feedback

Aside from AHS i have also been offered treatment by a Dr Patrick Treacy from the The Ailesbury Hair Clinic who is claimed to have treated celebrities etc

Does anyone know anything about this guy and whether he is any good?

I haven't seen him mentioned in any of these forums, but there does seem to be allot about him all over the web with positive reviews.

It's difficult to determine whether the community is biased towards certain surgeons or not

Aside from this, can anyone answer my original query about Farjos and whether i'm better going to Belgium for treatment?

Thanks

DGee

DGee,

If you stick around on this forum for long enough you will find that hair is a very subjective and emotive topic.

You will find everyone has their favourites and the bottom line is that all the doctors on this site should do a splendid job for you.

I would put your hand in your pocket and get hold of the e book by Spex simply because you can never read enough quality information.Go over to Belgium and see the Docs there and if you like come to see us.Always meet a few past patients and do not discount the medication angle as this could also help.

It is your own choice and the only way you will reach it is by seeing the people yourself but it will be worth it.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Yes, i can understand it's an emotive topic, it has been very emotional for myself

Is there anyone out there that has had treatment with Dr Patrick Treacy and can anyone comment on him and his work?

I just find it confusing that there is so much on Treacy about his work with celebrities etc and nothing about him on here and yet loads about Dr Farjos yet not enough on the web about them compared to Treacy

I will be buying Spex's e-book to read and i'm just trying to work my way through this jungle and get the best that there is in Europe as i cannot afford to make a mistake

Hi DGee

I read the thread starting off with issues with Advanced . I cant comment on them but I can comment on Farjo if that helps. I would also echo other views posted about doing your research. I had HT with Farjo on March 2nd this year and of course its too early to see the results but I have two things to say. Firstly in all my research I found nothing credible to stop me going ahead with them and found so many positive comments and results. Mick who I see has posted in the thread was so open with information and offers for me to meet up with previous clients etc, I felt like I was asking him for too much info but nothing was too much trouble and in fact he was more demanding that I did my research than I was.

Secondly, I cannot fault the professionalism from consultations to arrangements for the day and accommodation etc. The procedure on the day was smooth and the staff caring and supportive and Im not the bravest of patients but no problems. My scar has healed up great with no problems, scalp in great condition and initial shockloss regrowing. I am at 10 wks mark and hopefully on the verge of the start of growth period. Please feel free to message me and check my progress as the results start to appear. I cant comment on any other practices as I do not have experience of them but I would recommend Farjos and Mick is a great guy to answer any questions as I found out! Good Luck whatever you do.

Hi Danny

Advanced Hair Studio do offer Surgery now - you may be getting the Strand-By-Strand confused with Surgery - If you want to give me a call on 02920 641 290 I will assist you further. Kind regards

Maeve Duhy - Customer relations manager

or e-mail me on - maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com

I am the Customer relations manager for Advanced Hair Studio

This entire post is fishy...

Advanced Hair Studio is a total rip off!

If you have some good house music to listen to whilst under their ridiculous laser machine it would almost be as good as a rave...almost.

Strand by strand...hair system, cheap one at that.

Surgery...pfft.

Most likely an over priced referral to a butcher surgeon.

Can somebody lock this thread already.

AHS should be banned from posting here.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi Musoinoz

You have Laser Treatment (Epic Fail) - give me a call - Im more than happy to go over the treatment that you have received from Advanced Hair Studio, but were not happy with. Again this is the client relations department, we put our details on this site purely to assist clients and offer them some advice if they are not happy with a service they have been provided. I will be more than happy to talk to you. Kind regards

Maeve Duhy

The best there in Europe is in one country (BELGIUM). You got Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Feriduni. Europe isnt a master of HT really. The best HT surgeons in the world can be found in North America. Canada & US. Period.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

With all undue respect.

I will decline contact.

AHS will eventually fade away.

LLT is BS. Systems can be bought for far less of a price. You would be totally uneducated in regards to HT procedures.

The AHS in my town shut down.

That tells you one of two things...nobody in my city suffers from hair loss (or is troubled by it for that matter)

OR...they were not buying the shark sales pitch. Which makes me proud.

You decide. Also If I were to make contact with AHS I would be holding out my hand requesting the many thousands of dollars I wasted.

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

I paid a deposit with AHS and i have to be honest, the sales guy was friendly and helpful and took me through an hour of why if i didn't want to go ahead with the surgery that i could try the laser therapy and use my deposit for that.

All was good until i told him i needed time to think about it and get back to him, when his approach changed and said that the offer he offered was only valid if i accepted there and then and then i realised that basically he didn't want to give me my money back.

To do any work on your hair, AHS need to realise that it is a major decision in someones life and not one to be taken lightly, if it goes wrong then it can devastate someone.

I do think however, that some peoples responses on here are a bit harsh and that in itself can lead to ones suspicions about the comments, it makes you think "are these people just associates of this surgeon and therefore lead clients to them?"

Today i'm none the wiser about where i should go...

Mate,

Your response leads me to believe you are some how attached to AHS.

The only posts you have really put up here have been related to them.

The comments here are as fair as ever in regards to the company as a whole.

AHS is BS. I will not comment any further on the matter.

You clearly need to do more research. Can somebody please end this thread.

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

I'm not in anyway attached to AHS and if you read my post i said about how they tried to hard sell me the laser therapy when i told them i wanted my deposit back!!!! Jeez...

What i was saying is that all people say on here is "BS", "Bull Shit" etc etc and i'm trying to get honest answers on here away from the profanities. I understand that some people may have had bad experiences but i don't want to cloud my judgement on the topic by people whose anger is clearly getting the better of them. I am doing research and forgive me that part of my research in to this topic is using this forum.

Why would you want to close an honest open thread? At least AHS have a reputation manager who responds to criticism on here.. even though i won't be using them as it's quite clear nobody is happy with them

I've asked several times on here to know about other surgeons and i'm already in talks with someone by the name of Mick at Farjos to set up an appointment

Stop being on the attack and chill please... you may be a guru on the subject but not everybody is!!!

Breaking my own promise it seems...

My post was fairly straight forward, there was no forward attack even after revising it.

I hit my conclusion due to the fact you believe posters here would be attempting to swindle you to certain physicians. Also note that in your posts you defend AHS stating that comments are harsh and that they are a reputable company.

We are here to help mate, nobody is claiming to be a "guru" sure we are educated on the subject however we let new posters roam the forum for answers. If you are seeking a quality physician within you geographical area utilise the search function in the menu bar. It will serve you far better research wise.

People flare up in regards to AHS either because they have been burned or have seen others go through the motions with them.

I apologise if you feel attacked in any way, shape or form.

Keep up the research! If you are after physician info check out Dr Bisanaga in Brussels, he is not recommended here however is on par or possibly better than most surgeons on this forum.

You should also post some photos for others to judge.

If you make mention of AHS expect the remarks you are currently seeing.

The thread will not lead very far with the given subject heading hence my comment.

Now back to my fridge so I can sit in the crisper and chill.

Cheers,

Edited by MusoInOz

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

• 11 months later...

To Whom It May Concern:

Advanced Hair Studio has received recently several bad postings on this website.

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

Obviously we recognize the fact that being in a consumer sensitive business like ours, we cannot please all clients all of the time as some expectations are too high or unrealistic; and so the odd occasion we can & do make a mistake, but Advanced Hair Studio prides itself on tens of thousands of happy clients; many of which are more than grateful for what we've done for them.

Subsequently those web postings that aren't contrived we ask to contact us so we can make amends, we ask that you contact Maeve Duhy our Client Relations Officer, 186 Lansdowne Road, Canton, Cardiff CF5 1JT or Phone: 02920 641 290 Fax: 02920 641 292, or Email:maeveduhy@advancedhairstudio.com. Mrs Duhy is Advanced Hair Studio's Client Relations Officer in UK and Ireland and is authorized to discuss all complaints and refunds.

If you are a legitimate complainant this would be much more productive than posting possible inflammatory statements on this site?

Yours sincerely,

Advanced Hair Studio

We know that the postings were placed and incited by a well planned forum consisting of ex-employee(s) and or competitor(s). Their sole purpose being to tarnish the reputation of Advanced Hair Studio, for their own gain.

MD1,

I can assure you that no publisher, moderator or employee of this website/community is behind any post or poster making statements about AHS. All employees of this community who post on this website or forum are easily identifiable. Furthermore, anyone employed, affiliated with or compensated by any clinic in any form are required to disclose this in their forum signature as per our terms of service.

Understand that our members are welcome and encouraged to share their genuine opinions and experiences as it relates to hair loss and hair restoration on this forum, good or bad. Do know however, that this community does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy of any message posted. That's why it states in our terms of service:

"Considering the real-time nature of our web sites, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this community or any entity associated with or sponsoring this community."

As to posts you are concerned about, I applaud you for responding on this forum in an attempt to satisfy any legitimate consumers' concerns. As to your claims that a competitor and/or ex employee may be behind some of these posts, if you have and can provide sufficient evidence to prove this, though we are not legally required to do so, in the interest of fairness, we are willing to investigate this and take appropriate action as necessary.

In the meantime, as always, you are welcome to continue to post replies to any posts you are concerned about in accordance with our terms of service. We find that the most effective way to counter negative posts is to join in the debate.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear Redman

As advised Advanced Hair Studio will discuss any legitimate complaint with clients. I have provided my details so that clients can contact me direct. Please do contact me, I am awaiting your call. Kind regards (Maeve Duhy)

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a few of our happy clients statements, I have loads and loads more from all UK & Ireland studios but Id be on this site all day ..

testimonial Adam C.pdf

testimonial Brian K.pdf

testimonials dave p.pdf

testimonials paul molyneux.pdf

testimonials Perry H.pdf

A CHUTER BIRMINGHAM.pdf

D POPE MANCHESTER.pdf

Edited by MD1

Research, research, research!

Do enough of it and in time one will be able to know what is a scam or highly suspicious. :rolleyes:

Thanks again to our moderators for keeping a watch on this community. :cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Referring to a wig as "strand by strand" is enough to make me run a mile away.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon