Scalp Micropigmentation done by Dr William Rassman at NHI

Hi everyone!

We have something new for you today! Because we're a medical clinic dedicated to the study of hair loss, we don't have a one-size-fits-all approach to hair loss. For many of our patients, a hair transplant is the answer to their hair loss issue, but that solution might not be right for everyone.

We've been working on a technique to add to our tool chest that we call "Scalp Micropigmentation" which we think will be great for a certain percentage of our patients who may not want a hair transplant, but still want to have the appearance of a full head of hair, but with a shaved head look to it. Enough with the talk, lets see some pictures shall we?

kca_b01_lg.jpg

kca_a01_lg.jpg

As you can see, this patient likes having that shaved head look, but he wanted to have the appearance of follicles where there simply weren't any. Now he's quite happy with the way he looks.

This technique is not solely used for this shaved head look either, we've found that it works very well for those people who have had hair transplants in the past using a strip technique and have a scar on the back of their heads where hair doesn't grow. This procedure can help camouflage the scar very well.

And because I know you guys are info junkies about this stuff the way we are, here are some videos we put up on youtube. One is an advertisement for the service, and the other is an interview we did with two patients who had the procedure done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmKpGomHGgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8LKQc09QFY

Their testimonials say more than anything I can write here. Enjoy!

-New Hair Institute Staff

I think overall it looks really good... although I would say that the hairline could be a little softer, maybe with smaller dots in the front. Behind the hairline, it looks amazing. Keep showing more examples of SMP, especially ones with transplanted hair grown out! I'm very interested in seeing how SMP catches on with the rest of the field.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think overall it looks really good... although I would say that the hairline could be a little softer, maybe with smaller dots in the front. Behind the hairline, it looks amazing. Keep showing more examples of SMP, especially ones with transplanted hair grown out! I'm very interested in seeing how SMP catches on with the rest of the field.

Interestingly, looking at both photos, I think the 'thicker' dots in his hairline are actually what remains of his native hair.

I think it looks good, though obviously it's not for everyone. But the fact it can be used to conceal scars and also in tandem with a HT just to give a reduction in contrast between the scalp and hair is also interesting!

Yet another weapon for the arsenal I suppose!

This looks very natural. I'm amazed that a tattoo artist can do this kind of work.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I have mixed feeling about this but much much better than wearing a wig in my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson