Temple Point Update

hairthere

It has been almost one year since having my temple points done: 400 total fue. While the right side had approximately 100% growth, the left side has a few gaps, but I do still see some tiny hairs coming through so I think 18 months will tell if I need a touch-up. I will say having the temple points makes a huge difference in my overall appearance and I'm very glad I had it done (fyi, my temple points had completely receded). Also, Dr. Feller did an amazing job of having them blend with my existing hair. It looks very natural which is a feat because I have such coarse, wiry hair texture. So for anyone considering a temple point reconstruction, and/or a small fue session-- go for it! The downtime is minimal and the results can be dramatic, imo.

Posted are a few days post-op and current pics....

5b32cd90e60bd_Photo32.jpg.cba9cd6a4cc72d085523dd07f438ecc1.jpg

5b32cd91075f3_Photo131.jpg.523644312a07a576e6d06680de42c239.jpg

5b32cd9118073_Photo33.jpg.fdcf41cb42b0f94a18b7eb96685931f5.jpg

5b32cd9125053_Photo132.jpg.18dc69795c52d456ae0f383957b01026.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thank you TC17! I am almost more excited to have temple points again than I was having my hairline done. I hardly ever noticed a person's TPs until mine were gone. Now I look at them before looking at a person's hairline, lol. They really do make a huge difference.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I'm glad for you pal but i personally can't stand temple points i've always shaved mine off as i believe it makes hair look weaker with them, i prefer to have a strong line down a bit like some black people do with their close cut short haircuts. I'd of just give you mine if i'd of known lol

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi hair there the result slook impressive and it's true the temples do make a big differene to the appearance. I've just got a question if you don't mind answering the temple point is quite sensitive so when the incision were made was it paintful during post operative? I hope this makes sense but i've always wondered if it's safe enough to make incision at the temple point as at the bottom part of the temple there isn't any bone protecting that area.

Bonker, I have hair greed so I'll take those tps!

Takingtheplunge, thanks, I hope so too.

Spex, I'm gonna give it 18 months at which I'll go see Dr. F for a 6 month checkup on the strip session.

Limitless, there was zero pain.

Very nice. :)

But dont you mean the RIGHT side had approximately 100% growth, the left side has a few gaps ?

A person really need to have temple points. I still remember when my barber once shaved them off, like that was normal. I was depressed for a month !

Lol hairthere. It does make quite a good difference on you though.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

NW2, yes that was a typo (I corrected). Thank you!

Bonker, thanks bro. I can see getting away without tps when you're hair is buzzed real tight, but with longer hair it just didn't look very good on me. It made the hairline look like a hairpiece a bit.

Very true ill have to see what it's like on me long.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Looking good man. Thanks for the update.

I think temple points are the least talked about feature of HT on the forums, but are absolutely crucial in creating a proper framing of one's face.

Any side view of a man, which is quite frequent, needs to have well established temple points as it completes the whole frame. Temple points that go straight up are a tell-tale sign of MPB.

I just don't think men look right without them... myself included.:(

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Just to elaborate a little further on temple points…

I understand that temple points probably wouldn't rank too high for a NW5/6/7, as he would have larger concerns. However, for a NW3 like myself, or even a NW4, we have the luxury of expecting a little more aesthetic sensibility.

I've given temple points a lot of thought. For me, they are just as important as the hairline and temples. They’re the most overlooked aspect of a man’s hair, yet they contribute so much to the “whole package.” Look at celebs with pronounced temple points like Robert Pattison, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, and especially George Clooney. It's the finishing touch that adds the youthful appearance to an otherwise adult face.

This is how I grade an HT for a NW3 on a scale of 0-100.

Hairline: 25%

Right temple: 25%

Left Temple 25%

Right Temple Point: 12.5%

Left Temple Point: 12.5%

TOTAL: 100%

I appreciate that not everyone will agree with me on this one. It’s a purely subjective ranking system.

Bonkerstonkers, I definitely suggest you give temple points a chance. Give a pretty lady a photo of yourself with and another without temple points and see which one she prefers!!!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Wow, thanks for doing that Spex!

Corvettester, I wholly agree. Like I said, I never noticed a man's tps until mine were gone. Now they are the first thing I look for. And it might sound odd, but I'd rather have strong temple points and a weak hairline rather than vice versus....

Temple points are huge in framing the face correctly. Those scant few hundred hairs per side can make or break a transplant.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D