5000+ Grafts Dr. Rahal (With Pics)

Thanks guys. I am very surprised that you you guys like this look. It took zero time and zero styling products. When my wife saw me yesterday, she laughed and said "Your hair is getting out of control". She does agree with you guys that I should experiment with something other than the left to right/soft part style which is how I usually keep it but she does not like the bangs. :D

I am going to spend some time with it his weekend to see what I can come up with. What a feeling though. A couple of weeks ago, we had family pictures taken and I can't believe how much better I look than the ones we took a year ago before my procedure. There is one of me holding my son and I am at the same angle as a pic of me holding my daughter taken last year. I look like a totally different person. When my wife saw the side by side, she was speechless (as was I). Those were taken on a bright sunny day so I will post a couple of those soon.

Thanks again guys, your words are always appreciated.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant decide, you inspired all of Dr. Rahal's new patient including me. You really look great as you changed a lot. I cry sometimes why i wasted my precious grafts in my failure HT as donor is very very priceless. However guess you were one of the lucky ones who started the hair restoration journey with Dr.Rahal. I bet 100% that you are so confident in everywhere, infront of the camera, under the water and behind the ladies lol... :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri your day will come soon enough and we will all look back on how Rahal changed your life!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I second that Hariri. Dr. R can do amazing things with very few grafts and you will be very pleased with your outcome. Don't sweat those 3000 grafts. Dr. R is able to extract more than most surgeons so he will maximize things for you.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Can't decide,

your result is impressive,but can you possibly post some higher quality pictures with better lighting with a real camera not cell phone from different angels?

I will post some pics soon from a family shoot we did on a sunny day recently (professional photographer) at different angles which should provide a good scan of the actual results.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I will post some pics soon from a family shoot we did on a sunny day recently (professional photographer) at different angles which should provide a good scan of the actual results.

Can't decide

How did you look 3 weeks post op? How were you feeling? Im gonna be off for approx 2 months so I'm hoping the majority of my native hair will be well back by then. I gues theoretically, 1/2 inch growth per month, it should!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

At three weeks I looked terrible. My post op went pretty much as planned for a procedure of this size but the problem I had was shock loss on top and in the donor. Most of the shock loss on top came back after 3-4 months and all the donor shock loss came back at around the same time. This made my down time likely somewhat longer than some others.

Two months will be perfect for you. For me, that was exactly the point when I felt like I could walk around without a hat and at least feel somewhat comfortable.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Hmm i got to agree can't decide i felt like a freak for 2 to 3 months but it's just this week at nearly 4 months i'm starting to feel better mainly because the on top length is longer which covers more area.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

I added some new pics in better lighting and I took them while my hair was very damp just out of the shower and styles quickly with no prodcut in my hair. I am thinking that I like this style better than the messed up style. I go in for my haircut today so let me know which you prefer.

3.JPG.d33680a7fd991bc3f17e82d72655bb42.JPG

1.JPG.ccc370345925c6738ef67203d0cef436.JPG

2.JPG.9b83309f2eacea5d7c1bade925fa4808.JPG

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

If you compare these pics to the first pic on the thread it is clear your HT was a complete success! Huge difference.

I like the style in these pics but I wouldn't do a damp/wet look with any HT hair. Makes it look thinner than it needs to look. Do you let your hair air dry?

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree and never do the wet/damp look. That was just for the pics. I usually give it a quick blow dry and then let it dry naturally. Thanks for the feedback.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Cool, just checking. ;)

How many months out are you now?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

can't decide,

looking at the first before picture and then to the last 3 pictures you posted..wow what a transformation.

your transplant is a success even at 9 months,and your hair is going to get thicker and denser in the next 6 months.how does your hair stand against wind?

Thanks for the kind words alix. In wind I am very comfortable. Even at this length which is longer than I normally would keep it (About 3 inches on top), I am not bothered by strong wind. It pretty much stays in place and even separation caused by wind does not create problems for me as the density is good enough.

I am totally confortable with the areas Dr. R hit this first time around and now am getting a bit of hair greed concerning the crown. My crown is not terrible and I am on meds which seem to be slowing things down back there but I am tempted to get it repaired sooner rather than later. I have another 5k in the bank I am told by Dr. Rahal as my donor density was very good in terms of grafts per sq cm as well as hairs per graft (Thank goodness). Laxity is very good as well.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Thanks again guys. It means allot coming from you guys who know whats up with HT.

I will find out what it looks like at 1 inch on top since I will be getting it cut at that length in 3 hours :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Thanks again guys. It means allot coming from you guys who know whats up with HT.

I will find out what it looks like at 1 inch on top since I will be getting it cut at that length in 3 hours :)

Man....sweet..if you can post some pics after your hair cut that would be great!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Just got back from my haircut. Here it is at 3/4 inch on the sides and 1-1.5 inches on top. My wife tells me that it looks even thicker at this length.

1.JPG.40044098c5a67a9806afacddfb8b7b4d.JPG

2.JPG.716f3024333194ae63643b97bdce9e69.JPG

3.JPG.7f43fa6794ba6e8aef8f0b43d297e16a.JPG

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Just got back from my haircut. Here it is at 3/4 inch on the sides and 1-1.5 inches on top. My wife tells me that it looks even thicker at this length.

Still looks great! How did your hair cut go? Did the person know you had a transplant or did you have someone cut it that you knew?

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website