Originally posted by hairthere:

ok hairhope, why don't you educate us to the risks because from what i've read there are almost none.

Please re-read what I wrote, our point of discussion was whether or not this is regulated, my opinion was YES. Also, I wrote " I made no judgement, however I believe you should understand the potential adverse reactions associated with autologous blood transfusion. That is all, best of luck."

simple enough.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by Ceasar08:

Hairhope --

I would be interested myself in knowing the risks involved. According to all of my research, the procedure is about as safe as they come. Obviously, people have reactions to aspirins everyday... so nothing is entirely one hundred percent.

The only potential risk that I can see would be a mishandling of the blood, meaning that it is subjected to contamination or mislabeling

That is my opinion also (safe and clean handling).

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Thanks for all the reponses. I should make it clear I can't take finasteride due to sides. I've had a HT and prior to that was an NW6. The main reason I would be interested in PRP is to help with miniturization. I need to make sure the side hair and hair under the crown stay strong now that I am not taking propecia.

It sounds like it may be something to look at further down the track. Thanks again for all the info guys.

Take A Chance --

I am in the EXACT same position as you are. I had to quit Propecia years abck due to terrible sides. I was about a NW5 when I got a transplant. I'm hoping PRP will help with my crown and side fringes so I don't have to worry about a second surgery so quickly.

PRP for hair is NEW and therefore EXPERIMENTAL. But unlike most experimental treatements, this one is completely safe because the "product" comes from your own body. The worst that I can see happening is that nothing will happen

So does this mean no scarring from needles, rollers, or shockloss?

Spexs: Keep us updated as to when it becomes available, cost, etc as I may be one of the first to book a PRP run with the Doc as soon as it is available.

Thanks,

CD

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I've asked the question now on 2 differant threads and havent had my question answered yet.

Quote from Dr Feller... PRP for hair is NEW and therefore EXPERIMENTAL. But unlike most experimental treatements, this one is completely safe because the "product" comes from your own body. The worst that I can see happening is that nothing will happen

So does this mean no scarring from needles, rollers, or shockloss?

prphair.gif

$450 dollars per treatment and this is the difference that you get - i'd say give me my money back.

this Dr Choi calls himself a "pioneer" for this treatment (for hair i think he means) and apparently he has been doing this procedure for over a year. if this is his showcase example then i don't even want to start speculating as what the average case would look like as this example clearly shows that there is nothing to see here. i just hope that Dr Feller or some other doctor comes up with the results that are better than this.

Spex i keep my fingers crossed!

I'll try to find the link to Dr. Feller's original post about PRP.

In the post he mentions that he has found the results out there (so far) to fall short and be disappointing.

Dr. Feller then goes on to say that he has added a piece of technology to the procedure that he believes may improve the results of the procedure.

We'll have to stay tuned...

I have to disagree with Dakota. If PRP is effective at only maintaining what you have with possible thickening and does not grow a single hair, it is well worth $450 every six months in my opinion. Especially for those who can not tolerate Finasteride or those who just want to make sure they keep their native hair post HT.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I have to disagree with Dakota. If PRP is effective at only maintaining what you have with possible thickening and does not grow a single hair, it is well worth $450 every six months in my opinion. Especially for those who can not tolerate Finasteride or those who just want to make sure they keep their native hair post HT

HUH? The only thing I asked is if it causes shockloss or scarring. I said nothing about it not being worth the money if it doesnt grow hair. But since we are on that subject how would that make it any better than Propecia or Minox if it happens not to grow hair back and just stabalize's it? It would a great alternative if you cant take finestride though. Just one more expense you can chaulk up to the fight against MPB!

Winston,

Since I warned you on another thread about insulting members of this community and made it clear that the next step would be a one week suspension, that's exactly what I'm going to do. See our terms of service and Keeping Personal Insults Off Our Forum for more information.

Congratulations for being the first one to make it to the second strike and forcing my hand to suspend you.

It will be up to you to email me after one week if you want to be reinstated and assuming you promise to post constructively without insult, I will give you one last chance before you're out for good.

Regards,

Bill

Hopefully we can get further information about this topic soon. I think many HT patients will be keen to try it, espcially if you're in the advancing norwood stages and can't take finasteride. I personally would have no problem paying 450 every six months if it meant haulting future hair loss.

Im not sure what winstons problem is but I will not stoop down to his childish level. Apperantley he has nothing better to do but than try to insult people on-line. I think he is trying to make up for what he doenst have the gut's to do in real life.

Is anyone in Europe offering PRP yet ?.Wonder when the second generation more potently mixed PRP will be ready that Joe Greco mentions that might give the extra results that may or may not happen with the current treatment!.

HT 2006/7