1st ht over 6000 gafts.. should i get a 2nd ht?

hi guys,so i had my first ht with dr wong im not un happy with the ht it just never really filled out as much as id hoped,so i started using dermmatch which works well but i dont think its a long term solution as im travelling around and some times end up not being able to wash it out for days plus when i had a girlfriend i made excuses so she didnt stay over because i wanted to wash it out that night and put it on in the morning..iv put the pictures up on my pages..im thinking of having a second ht with dr wong so just wondering what you guys think would be my best options thanks

hi guys,so i had my first ht with dr wong im not un happy with the ht it just never really filled out as much as id hoped,so i started using dermmatch which works well but i dont think its a long term solution as im travelling around and some times end up not being able to wash it out for days plus when i had a girlfriend i made excuses so she didnt stay over because i wanted to wash it out that night and put it on in the morning..iv put the pictures up on my pages..im thinking of having a second ht with dr wong so just wondering what you guys think would be my best options thanks

Do you have any other pictures which document your progress???

Hmm to be fair mate i just looked at your pics on your profile and i see your problem you're not bald anymore but it looks like you're going bald if that makes sense. I'd probably get another 4000 grafts in. What did Dr wong say at the time? did he say 6000 would make your scalp invisible because i think thats probably what you're looking for?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

When did you have your first procedure? It looks like the 6000 grafts where spread out over a very large area. When you do this it often takes a second procedure to improve the density. How is the scar form the donor strip that yeilded 6000 grafts?

I have some pictures on my profile page that I took 2 days ago.My hair is probably the shorts it's been in a long time but I wanted to see what it looked like shaved..i shaved it tona blade 3 around a month ago.So it can look thicker but it's even when it's longer it's still thin enough to be called baldy ( not great after 6000grafts!)I had the ht in July 2009 dr Wong was aiming for 4000 grafts but got over 6000 and covered everywhere.He did say that my hair wouldn't be what is was before it started falling out but I was hoping for a better result..The scar has only been spotted once at a blade 3 but I think it might have been red because I'd been on holidays and never put cream on it..So do you guys think if I got another 4000 grafts(if I can)it would make a big difference? I'd probably leave the crown and work mainly on the density at the front??

10000 usually changes lives if you look round everyone elses blogs that's what i found and i mean totally bald people with 10000 have a great turn out but also depends the actual size of the area too some people have balding further down to their ears but yours looks reasonable.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Your 10 month pics definitely look fuller than the recent pics. Your crown does look a bit thin. I'd say if a second pass will free you from dermatch, go for it. I've been using concealer for at least 2 years now and I got very tired of it so I went for another pass....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

john have you and are you taking any of the drugs like propecia or avodart?

do you feel you are possibly still losing a lot of hair which negates to some degree the 6000 Dr. Wong added?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.