Dr. Hasson/5257 Grafts/One Session/One Year

One year ago this patient came to Dr. Hasson to get as many grafts as possible in one session. The option was to go for maximum coverage or to go for a one pass result in the front half for proper density and revisit the crown later. The patient opted for coverage for the result you see below.

5257 Grafts

Singles...2099

Doubles...2823

3/4...335

hwjh5257_001.JPG?624681742

hwjh5257_002.JPG?31502644

hwjh5257_003.JPG?629497403

hwjh5257_004.JPG?903563716

hwjh5257_005.JPG?2106418555

hwjh5257_006.JPG?474161557

hwjh5257_007.JPG?1276735960

hwjh5257_008.JPG?1349436578

hwjh5257_009.JPG?1780228451

hwjh5257_010.JPG?1699395963

hwjh5257_011.JPG?557646397

hwjh5257_012.JPG?1682211832

hwjh5257_013.JPG?1578589688

hwjh5257_014.JPG?1235196606

hwjh1.jpg?1219609030

hwjh2.jpg?90811154

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Honestly, I don't rate this one.

H&W are fantastic however after 5000+ grafts I have seen better outcomes.

Cheers,

PS: I'm ready for H&W fans to attack :-)

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I agree with MusoInOz. While the result is certainly not bad by any stretch of the imagination, for the amount of grafts moved I would have expected a thicker result. However, if the most important aspect of hair transplantation is naturalness, then this certainly is a winner, because nobody would suspect this as a transplant.

I would have expected a lot more from 5,000 grafts too! The hairline looks natural though, I assume that is where most of the grafts were placed. I just would have expected it to be a little lower as he still appears to have a minor widow's peak. To me, he looks like he went from a NW4-5 to a NW3, which is clearly an improvement.

Although I can't imagine too many people will ever see the top part of his head, it's the overhead pics that are the least impressive. It almost looks like he is a diffuse thinner. There is a definite cosmetic improvement, but I'd want more density if I were him.

corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Weird? I just went back to review the photos once more and suddenly there were two additional photos at the bottom of the post of the patient in his home. They were not there when I initially viewed the thread and made my first comment.

Jotronic, did you add new photos later? It could have just been that my browser didn't load them.

Either way, after viewing the new photos, I'm going to have to retract what I said previously about his result. In the photos of the patient in his home with his cat, his result looks just great: very natural, very dense, very refined and ten years younger! I'm happy for him. It looks like a 5,000 graft HT.

Jotronic, just a thought, but I think the photos of the patient in the clinic are just terrible and do no justice to the true result. Maybe the lighting is too harsh? Or is that what you intend: to show the result in the harshest possible conditions?

One last thing, I always notice that the "before" photos of H&W clients all look like serial killers, then the "after" photos they're all smiles, holding little kittens... come on man! A former patient even mentioned once that you guys tell them to put on their "mean" face in the "before" photos... LOL!!!

Well... it's definitely working!

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

corvettester you brought up a really good point. I have said many times that pictures taking from H&W dont justify the results in most cases. The lighting they use and the high quality close up picture are meant to give a harsher condition.

If you look at this forum you will notice that many doctor dont use high def pictures (maybe they dont have the money to buy a camera ;)) use pictures from far and better lighting. Although this still shows the results in my opinion the person looks much better in pictures than they do in real life. Many clinics would have only shown the before pictures and the patients own after pictures.

Your grown is looking good I look forward to seeing the final results.

It appears that the patient has very fine hair and a big hairloss area. When he opted to have full coverage his density will be alot less than if he decided to only have the front done first.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Jotronic,

Thank you for sharing this case with the community. As far as the patient's expectations/desires are concerned - maximum coverage in one pass - I think this case is a success. However, I'm curious as to whether or not the patient is going to come back for a second procedure to increase the density in certain areas as well? Regardless, the results are refined and natural, and the amount of coverage is definitely impressive.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The result looks much better in everyday conditions than it does under your camera under harsh light and maybe he has thin hair. There's a lot more density in the photos in his kitchen.

Joe,

A quick question please and I'm sure you'll tell me (or someone else will) that you've answered this before:

The scar on the sides of the head, it goes very high up in a lot of Dr Hasson's work. Why is that?

That's the major thing that concerns me & is holding me back. This might not be the norm or the standard in all of the ops that H & W do, but why is the scar tip ending so high up? It touches the 'danger zone'. That Norwood 6-7 area. What would happen later in life when the balding progresses.

A good explanation would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Not the most striking H&W a/b comparison, but not bad either. He should be happy and from the looks at it, his "before" frown went away! :)

The "back at home" pictures look much better. Maybe that's just a matter of growing it out a little longer. Also, from the looks of the plate on the ground Kitty looks stuffed and very happy. LOL

Edited by hair_me_out

Dutch,

Most of our patients do not have donor strips that go high. Dr. Hasson will take strips that extend higher on some patients because he is following the "good" hair and is more common (but not always) in patients that have retrograde alopecia. This is the condition that causes hair thinning that occurs upward in the nape area as well as the sides in the side burn areas and above the ears. The stronger hair indicates the safe zone and in some patients the safe zone is higher than others. If this is a condition that affects you but you do not wish to have a similar strip location then you simply tell this to Dr. Hasson and he will, most likely, make the strip shorter but of course this means less hair overall.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Corvettester,

Yes, I did add two more photos and I also meant to post as such but I was distracted and simply forgot:)

I added the two photos to show what I have been talking about for a while. First, yes our lighting is and has always been (for the past 8 years) overhead fluorescent lighting just like most office buildings and hospitals. We do not use flash as this distorts what one would see in reality. This is why when someone meets one of our patients that has been presented as a "before/after" result the response is usually that the patient looks better in person or at least they look the same. I have never heard anyone say that a patient looks better in our before/after presentation than they do in person.

Second, the "in home" photos that the patient sent represents what I have been saying for a while now about "the sweet spot" for length. When we get a hair transplant we have more options for hair styles that we normally would not have without surgery. However, this does not mean that our hair looks the same (density wise) at differing lengths and this is also the case for heads of hair that are not transplanted. Differing lengths will show the strengths of the result as well as the weaknesses. What we gain from hair restoration is more hair that is stronger (not miniaturized) and allows us to have more hair styles of which, as in all things in life, some work better than others.

Jtronic,

Does having retrograde alopecia indicate anything about how far the loss will go. For example, can we say that someone with it will usually end up a nw 6 to 7?

no one can predict the future, so no, we cannot say that. in fact, joe will probably tell u that a lot of patients with mpb have some degree of retrograde alopecia.