My 8th month 1/2 update with Dr. Rahal

Anouar

overall I'm very pleased. the funny thing my hair used to be straight in the front. The donor area is a bit wavy. So hence the slight wave in my transplanted hair. I usually post pics that are slightly wet wit mouse. These are dry with no product in them. One thing that bothering me is the crown. I think I'm losing ground on the crown. I have been on avodart and Rogaine foam two weeks after my ht. The pics are taken in bathroom lighting all with flash on my droid x.

2011-03-01_11-39-09_22.jpg.e62f2f99b979bd52513dd24d19520ad6.jpg

2011-03-01_11-40-03_641.jpg.e2fe56a02db3ccf397f5841572f56846.jpg

2011-03-01_11-41-29_469.jpg.cdcead4f33616a7273b76b5525ba606f.jpg

Results look great! Your crown, at least from that angle, looks fine. You also have a lot more time left in terms of shaft maturity. You look like a different person from your avatar!

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for the well wishes--really psyched for this one to grow out! BTW, your hairline looks very natural too--Dr. Limmer did a great job.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Tsakalos, I had around 4200. Hairthere, limmer gave me a thousand grafts. I didn't see any significant difference cosmeticly and the procedure was all day and very painful. I wasn't butchered but I would pick rahal anyday over limmer

Sorry bro, forgot your details. Well then, Rahal did an excellent job! He was actually my second choice to Dr. Feller and results like yours confirm why.

Hairthere, believe it or not my first choice was Armani strip but then i bailed out because they started transitioning to fue. I was offered a really good deal. I almost pulled the trigger but at the last minute i bailed. my second choice was

Hasson&Wong but their prices were a bit higher than what i could afford. I considered and researched hts for 3 and up to the day I was talking to Rahal, i was about to cancel because I still wasnt sure and nervous as hell. I have to give credit to everybody that works with Rahal. They were extremely efficient and professional. Tao, I kind of like the wavy hair too but i was thinking of cutting and getting the messy bed head look. Not sure its going to work with the wave. Tsakalos, im not planning getting any more graft right now. I might go for fue later on. Not sure yet though. Thank you guys for the compliments

Look very good. In me oopinion you had much bigger hair losing than only NW3V. But still it looks great. I you want perfect results you will have to do a dense packing and take rest of your donor. But tell me. Who did your HT, Rahal or Baradley Limmer?

Thank you David. Just waiting for Hollywood to give me a call. ffar, My ht was with Rahal. I had 1000 grafts about 12 years ago with Limmer. What you saw in the pre op pic was 1000 grafts in the hairline somewhere. Your right I was worse than i thought i was on the norwood scale. Thanks Sparky for the kudos. Happy growing to you too. Bisanga seems to be a good doc. If I go fue, he would be the first I would consider. Corvettester thanks. I feel 10 years younger. I got a different swagger these days. Confidence has gone way up to the point of cocky.

great job by Dr Rahal, congrats man, you look a lot different from your older pics.

It's good to know some docs like himl are able to do mega sessions and literally transform peoples lives and confidence.

Dr Limmer is more cautious and conservative than Rahal regarding mega sessions, nevertheless he is an outstanding physician. Just because he didn't go aggresive with you doesnt mean he's not as capable as Rahal. I would prefer to have a megasession instead of smaller sessions in order to get the amount of grafts you got.

Again, enjoy the results....

Another good rahal job.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks hair_me_out and bonkerstonker. Happy growing to you too with your recent Ht. Hasson&Wong was originaly my first choice. Aseda, Dr. Limmer can only do 1000grafts in 7 hours. You’re lucky if you can get 1500 in one day. Dr. Rahal pulled out over 4200 in about the same time. Dr. Rahal's team was well staffed. He must have had between 8 to 10 people in the Room. They worked very efficiently like a well oiled machine. I had my ht over 12 years ago with Limmer and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I actually screamed a couple of times because I think the injections wore off. I left home with a tremendous headache. I told myself I would never do this again. After 12 months, I couldn't really appreciate the results cosmetically. Little did I know then that 1000g wasn't going to do much. So yes, Limmer is conservative but I think it’s because he is not staffed to do mega session or is uncomfortable doing them and I'm not going to have 4 surgeries just to get the result I can get with one. I don't know if you had surgery but it's not a walk in the park. Also, to use the word cautious implies that Rahal isn't. I would argue with you that is not the case. I live about 15 minutes from limmer and I chose Rahal and I would do it again.

Looks awesome Anouar, one would never guess you got transplants. Your previous diffuse thinning looks similar to mine. Curious, did you experience a bunch of shockloss afterward? Any idea how much of it was temporary vs. permanent? Did you need to shave?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Outstanding head of hair with improvement left!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Awesome Anouar, I now realized how hair does really make difference in persons appearance, You look so good now seriously. This update really excites me for my coming repair surgery with Dr. Rahal this summer. Wish you all the success and growth. Lateral slit technique does wonders in final results.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Bill thanks very much. I owe it to this cite to give back to the community what I took from it. I got a lot of good info here. I held off this surgery for about 3 years. I almost didn't pull the trigger because I saw a couple of posters from Rahal that didn't have stellar results. Although that was far few and between, I was still very cautious. You reassured me. So, Thanks for that.

Multiplier, I don't know how much shock loss I had. I buzzed my hair completely at Rahal's office. I did go through the ugly duckling phase. I actually had some people that I play tennis with comment on how I was losing my hair in that post 2 month period. They never mentioned this before the ht. I think any shock loss I had must have been temporary. I believe it all grew back. Maybe the use of avodart helped. I did get back on Rogaine after two weeks and have been using it religiously. The doc prefers that you shave at least the area that he is going to work on. I decided to take it all off.

Rcwest, thanks for the kudos

Hariri, You will be in great hands. Dr. Rahal is very professional and has a great staff. I have a lot of respect for them.