Becoming a Doctors Rep

moses0324

I have never felt pressured by any consultants on this board...in fact, I am kind of on the line of being ready for a proceedure and all have pretty much said, "We will work on you if you really want but it will not hurt anything to wait either." Talk about low pressure "sales".

I will say that the I have had one consult that seemed a little high pressure from a FUE doc's office in Atlanta. The grafts were a little higher priced than what I was looking for, ($8 shaved and $10 not shaved). I figured it could not hurt at to ask for a little break on the price to help with travel expenses, etc. They said that they would give me a 50 cent discount per grafts if I booked that day. When they said that it was like, "ding, ding, ding, ding, Warning, Warning!!!" That WAS a sales technique and I did not like that. If they offered a discount and said, "We can give you a discount if you book FOR this day," I would have been ok with that, but not that they wanted me to book right then.

So to be fair, there are salesmen out there. But besides that, I have only talked to recommended docs and consultants and I have never felt pushed into a proceedure.

The only other thing is that i have had a VERY VERY wide range of graft estimates. From 600 to 2000. All coming from recommended docs. so that is kinda wierd.

I know who you are talking about and they tried the same thing with me!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsakalos i know your posts for a long time now. I ve never seen another patient/poster who has been participating in forums for years more straight forward and to the point than you.

You had transplants with Armani in the past and i remember never once did you cheer lead your result or started praising your doc everywhere you posted. You did your procedures, you took so many good photos, you shared it with the board in a good and educating manner and that was it. You are one of the rarest posters in my opinion always with a few words, all about the essence of things and never too much talk. You never said to anyone my doc is better than others or acted like your decision was betters than others

Then you had a transplant with H&W and you never once before you went there said a bad thing about Armani or his result on the crown even though you were not too happy with if i remember correct. You just wanted to have your transplants and complete your journey. high class poster all the way i say it from my heart!

And now all this... a poster like you with your integrity and the way you behaved through the years must have been mistreated badly and something really awful happened to you!!!thats what i understand from what i read in your posts. I know its your right not to want to say more and if you dont want to say anything thats ok its your choice. but its really sad and i hope the ones that mistreated you to do the right thing!!! noone should take our trust for granted or that he is a god or something.

I hope all will be well for YOU first because its YOU that matters first and then comes all the rest. I personally dont wanna know what happened to you...i just wanna know that all will be well for you and that whoever did the wrong thing will fix it and apologize publicly for calling you names!

Edited by The count Of Baldecristo

Tsakalos i know your posts for a long time now. I ve never seen another patient/poster who has been participating in forums for years more straight forward and to the point than you.

You had transplants with Armani in the past and i remember never once did you cheer lead your result or started praising your doc everywhere you posted. You did your procedures, you took so many good photos, you shared it with the board in a good and educating manner and that was it. You are one of the rarest posters in my opinion always with a few words, all about the essence of things and never too much talk. You never said to anyone my doc is better than others or acted like your decision was betters than others

Then you had a transplant with H&W and you never once before you went there said a bad thing about Armani or his result on the crown even though you were not too happy with if i remember correct. You just wanted to have your transplants and complete your journey. high class poster all the way i say it from my heart!

And now all this... a poster like you with your integrity and the way you behaved through the years must have been mistreated badly and something really awful happened to you!!!thats what i understand from what i read in your posts. I know its your right not to want to say more and if you dont want to say anything thats ok its your choice. but its really sad and i hope the ones that mistreated you to do the right thing!!! noone should take our trust for granted or that he is a god or something.

I hope all will be well for YOU first because its YOU that matters first and then comes all the rest. I personally dont wanna know what happened to you...i just wanna know that all will be well for you and that whoever did the wrong thing will fix it and apologize publicly for calling you names!

Yes you remember well, thats right, u are absolutely have a good memory. This is exactly what happened in the past,

As far as the second part of your post, regarding the latest HT, i havent shared it so far for various reasons, although those reasons never were evaluated correctly from my clinic.

I do not agree with what i am being told regarding my results and i feel that any other person with common sense will agree with me when the case is presented, so right now my decicion is to share it, with COMPLETE documentation, I havy many pics and i also apart from using my pics i want to also use the pics the clinic has. As soon as i get these pics from my clinic i will make my own topic, in order to get opinions, and advice for the future,

If my clinic reps sees this, i request that he sends me ALL the pics (older and latest ones) and videos he has of me which i dont have, in high resolution, becouse i want to use them along with my pics, since i am one that is being presented on the pics i request, i dont see any reason why i have to ask again and again to be delivered to me. its my right to have this material on my possession for whatever reason i like.

Now regarding the topic about clinic reps, being on salary or commission, imo clinic reps should be both and salary and commision. and i will tell u why.

Becouse their job is consisted of 2 major components,

1 is to make hair transplant sales, so its logical to have an extra fee for every patient that they sign up. i dont see anything wrong with that assuming everything is being done proffesionally.

2 Is the patient service they offer, this includes patients who already have ht with them and they are asking questions, or possible customers who are interested in getting the procedure done and also asking questions etc even if at the end they wont sign up.

In both cases the clinic rep is spending time talking with them or sending emails, and for this occupation a fixed salary must be paid to them. therefore salary and commision makes more of a logical sense to me.

I also need to say that apart from the reps that they are on the forums, most docs have reps in other countries which they are working only part time and they are getting paid only on comission. arround 300-400 per "head" they send to the clinic

Tsakalos, so now u have made it clear and known that u went to H&W for your second surgery, which i guessed as much from the few posts we had together. Like i mentioned last time, u should get the pics and do a full documentation to show why u r displeased with your result. That will lend u more credentials. However, no matter what, if the rep accuses u as idiotic, thats plain rude and i agree u should make a fuss out of it.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Tsakalos, so now u have made it clear and known that u went to H&W for your second surgery, which i guessed as much from the few posts we had together. Like i mentioned last time, u should get the pics and do a full documentation to show why u r displeased with your result. That will lend u more credentials. However, no matter what, if the rep accuses u as idiotic, thats plain rude and i agree u should make a fuss out of it.

actually The count Of Baldecristo made it clear and it was 3rd surgery and i am waiting for MY pics from the clinic in order to share the "experience", i want to share it, i have my pics but i also want to use the pics they have of me (the older and the newest" . for some reason which sounds really odd, when i asked for my pics a few days ago, they denied to send them. So i want all my pics they have of my as they were taken, in high resolution. i dont need to say again, plz send me ALL the pics, which i am being presented, the ones from the surgery day, and the latest, thanx

This is an interesting thread and I skimmed the blogs and noted there are alot of deviations from the original topic, like frequently occur...

But, to get a good and dedicated patient rep, or even to have the desire to do that job, requires a unique personality and alot of patience.

As many of you all will know, I now use Spex, who has been a rep for Dr. Feller, my associate, for years. For the first 3.5 years that I've been active on this website, I did not use a rep. I like to be hands on in answering questions, scheduling, and at least until I was somewhat of a known quantity on this site, I needed to establish my philosophy for folks to learn who I was.

Now, I am delighted to have Spex's help and he is, in my opinion, a great, honest, and sincere guy who has gone through what many of the readers on this site have dealt with or are currently dealing with. That is key.

I tried for months to get my lead tech, whose been with me for 10 years, to blog. She'd do a little, with prodding, but couldn't connect with patients the way Spex can....and Wendy is terrific! Its just not the same. A rep has to LOVE the entire concept of their job, not just want to blog for a discount. I bet I've had 25 patients or occasional bloggers approach me about being a rep and I'm certainly not the busiest of the coalition doctors. So I know there are lots of people who are interested, but its like being a hair doc...you have to really enjoy and focus on either job(rep or doc) in order to get and stay good at it.

I applaud Spex, Jotronic, and a few others for their dedication to patient education.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe i havent opened up anything online yet, for the reason that you denied to send me MY pics, So i want you to send me a link via email, where i can download ALL the pics and video that you have of ME, becouse i want to make a thread,, when you send me the files in HIGH resolution, i will make a thread (when i have the time to fully document it) regarding my case. whats funny though is that you are asking permission to speak for my case while i havent spoken at all about it yet.

I Just want a link to download every material that u have me exactly as it was captured, cause i want to use them alone with mine. I dont see why for 3 weeks now you are not sending the files that i happen to be on them. Its my right to have them. I hope my request is clear.

I have been reading your posts for a long time. Lately I could see you have alternative motives in your posts. From making no sense to trying to prove a point as a alternative threat towards somebody. I had no idea that you went to H&W because that is none of my business. I am not even sure if you went or which doctor you went to Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong.

When Baldcrisco stated that you went there I was looking all over your posts to see where it was and I couldnt find it. Either you mentioned it to Baldcrisco privately or I havent looked hard enough. Can YOU show me the post that states you went to H&W???

So yes in my opinion you opened it up with your round about talk about sales reps doctor and other patients that have gone to H&W.

Just want a link to download every material that u have me exactly as it was captured, cause i want to use them alone with mine

This appears that you want to have the pictures and only give permission the Joe to post the pictures that you want. Why not tell Joe to post ALL THE PICTURES online. Unless you have something to hide? That way we can have an honest look at them, I myself would like to see them ALL!

Now lets see if you will give permission without ANY conditions. Reading your posts I would be shocked if you do that.

Another question if you did indeed go to H&W why did you go to them when you always said you were so happy with your other transplant? Why not go to the same doctor from the beginning??

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

There is no post stating that i went to H&W,. Baldcristo figured it out, Of couse i am gonna document my case as long as i have the files. actually i wasnt planning to mention it considering that i am 19 months post op, but since i dont agree with the clinic's evaluation for the result, i have to fully document it in order to get advice.

Then you had a transplant with H&W and you never once before you went there said a bad thing about Armani or his result on the crown even though you were not too happy with if i remember correct.

Does this sound likes somebody that figure it out? It sound like somebody that knows. Did you go to Rome??

i dont agree with the clinic's evaluation for the result, i have to fully document it in order to get advice.

You should allow the clinic to also give full document as well. Not only what you want EVERYTHING.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Lorenzo, I've known tsakolos from these forums for years, and I don't really think he has an agenda against H&W. He had a poor result from Dr. Armani--it's understandable why he would be disgruntled if a second procedure from a great clinic like H&W did not meet his expectations, too. I think the clinic should allow him full access to his pictures to share here, and likewise, the clinic should be able to tell their side as well, full disclosure.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I want to know if you went to Rome so that I know that the pictures were current. As well I am going to email the forum moderator to the Italian forum and ask him if he met you and what his opinion is. Then I will ask him to post what he 100% honest opinion of both your hair transplant and your state of mind. There is no patient/client protection concerning him so I can find out the some more information.

Edited by lorenzo
misspelling

Why are you considering Joe, or the italian moderator to have more valid (and not driven) opinions than me, about MY head. I dont have any financial benefit from the HT industry, so why whould i wait 19 months if i had an antzenta like you claim. You are becoming funny, chill out. As i said i am willing to share my story including joe's pics too. Its really suspicious that i was denied my pics, even though i requested them right after Rome. By the way lorenzo, i always make my pics in natural light, same hair length, same angle, Do you ?? :)

My pictures are in the same light angle but not the same hair length. I hae stated many times that my hair was long and was blonder which give the illusion of more hair. I am not going to grow my hair that long anymore but if I did I will personally email you pictures.

Tsakalos,

I've warned you before about hijacking topics to post cryptic messages about your own experience. While I agree that Hasson and Wong should send you the photos they've taken of you at their clinic, this doesn't prevent you from sharing your experience and your own photos on this forum.

For the record, I did speak to Hasson and Wong today. Dr. Hasson explained that he provided you with a reason as to why he wasn't sending them to you, which in my opinion, was for your own benefit. However, Dr. Hasson did tell me that he is going to be sending you your photos.

I ask now that instead of being cryptic and vague about your experience, that you create a brand new topic titled something like "Tsakalos Hair Transplant Experience with Dr. Hasson" with a full and detailed account of your experience and photos. The only requirement I have is that you have to be willing to let Hasson and Wong share their side of the story including any photos they've taken of you. Of course, your personal identity will remain confidential. Then, after both parties share a detailed account of their side of the story, the adult members of this community can draw their own conclusion as to the outcome. No more cryptic messages and guess work. It's time for full transparency!

Guys, this topic has gone way off course from what was originally intended and it's time to bring it back on course. My apologies for not seeing and responding to this topic sooner.

If Tsakalos would like to discuss his experience and share his photos, he is welcome to do it. But I am requiring him to create a new topic. Any further posts by Tsakalos on this topic about his experience will result in me locking the topic.

Best wishes,

Bill

Good honest reponse Bill. I am guilty as well of stepping away from this post. I also want Tsakalos to be happy.

Lorenzo why you dont chill out with tsakalos! he is a long time poster. I know he went to H&W because i ve seen his posts in bald truth when he was planning for his third transplant at H&W ! People were even asking him why not Armani and the guy was saying that its because Armani does only FUE now, and he wanted strip !

I remember he was not too happy with his crown growth from Armani but Tsakalos was so discreet that he never mad a big deal out of it! Thats why i said he is a role model poster he didnt allow his case to turn into a which clinic is better debate.

Tsakalos i am not sure what is going on, i thought its your case that you didnt want to talk about for your reasons and i respected it fully. I dont know if i created any problems for you naming the clinic in my story i thought it was common knowledge! My post was only because of respect and because it came hard on me when you said that a consultant disrespected you like this

Just so everyone understands....we typically respect each patient's choice as to whether or not to share their experience and photos on this community or not. But it's not fair to this community nor to clinics for patients to take jabs at clinics and provide only a piece of the story...or cryptic generalities based on specific concerns and emotion.

Thus, it's too late for Tsakalos not to discuss his case. He's already done so crytpically on several discussion threads. I now believe he owes it to himself, his clinic and this community to post the whole story with photos and let Hasson and Wong respond. Then, the adult members of this community can draw their own conclusions.

I will await Tsakalos response. If he refuses to share his full story and/or doesn't give Hasson and Wong the right to reply, he will no longer be allowed to reference his experience (even through generalities), Hasson and Wong, or post on any topics concerning them. Failure to comply with this will result in a suspension of his posting privileges.

Best wishes,

Bill

Baldecristco this post is about rep lets keep it at that. If you would like to discuss it if and when Tskalos would like to start a post I would be happy to. If I got a bit excited I understand.

Bill you locked the other topick and you didnt let Joe answer regarding the crown which was my friends main concern, You said that i twisted the truth,while i mentioned that his frontal is ok, the main issue of my friend was the crown, yet you closed the topick and didnt let Joe to reply to the questions regarding the crown, its the second time this happens, unaswered questions were also made here. Joe is very experienced in the Ht stuff, so i am sure he always likes to give answers to questions, assuming topics remain open for debate.

You also said that i highjacked this topick which is very untrue and unfair, i made a post about what a hair transplant rep must NOT do which is right on topic, Baldcristo come and said that i went to HW and not me, wb280 then continued and then Joe came out by saying "allow us to talk about your case" on his own based on Baldcristo's post and not my words. Then i had to reply to lorenzos posts regarding issues irrelevant to this thread.

As far as my story i already have said i am willing to share it. i asked the pics almost 4 weeks ago and i got no reply. i asked again 1 week ago and joe denied to send me which i find disturbing . I hope all the material that he has of me, is being delivered Exactly as it was captured HIGH RES, i just need a link so i can dl , I want to use this, along with my photos and videos, Then i will start writing my own thread, it will take some time becouse its kinda very big story and my working programm is heavy.

Baldcristo no problem, i whould prefer if you hadnt mentioned it but its ok. I did register to that forum you mentioned but i stopped visiting it when i realized what it really was/is , Bill regarding your last paragraph for me, i have to tell you this, i dont visit any of the other hairloss forums cause i dont like their "policy" , I dont want extend, you understand what i am saying,

I will not make any other comment regarding my ht , i hope other posts will stop asking me questions for it, they asked i replied, i didnt start such a convertation,

Edited by Tsakalos

Tsakalos, to be honest, u made it so obvious that anyone following your posts would know that you went H&W. does not take a genius to imply that from your various posts. Though i strongly agree that the rep calling u idiotic ( assuming its true ) is defn wrong, i agree with Bill ( in fact, in the past,i had suggested many times that u shld disclose your case for an open discussion ). Implying so openly and then refusing to reveal the details for discussion does not sound fair to your surgeon. We are all adults, we can judge whether the results are good. I humbly urge u to do so.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Well Tsakalos, your pics are now highly anticipated. I do hope you get them soon so we can all get a clearer picture of what's up with your case.

Regarding the original topic of this thread: I think being a clinic rep is not so easy, as evidenced by this thread. A lot of emotions/expectations are tied up in a hair transplant and its results. It can be a roller coaster ride for anyone, no matter how the results turn out, and Im sure when things go awry, the rep takes the brunt most of the time.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com