Denver - Info/Referral

Hi,

I live in Denver and considering a HT. I have been to HairClub and Bosley. Met with a few clients of each, they said good things and their hair looks great. But they were aranged by the places to talk to me. Anyone have experience with either of these places or other places in the Denver area? Want to avoid nightmares.

Thanks for any comments,

Dave

I think Hair Club at one time was a part of MHR, the other large chain just like Bosley.

Bosley acquired Medical Hair Restoration (MHR) officially last year and many of the MHR offices were closed. Hair Club may now be a part of Bosley.

Take a look at the Physician Locator or recommended physicians in Colorado in this community.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I've only heard bad things about Bosley, but I guess bad news travels. Seems a little strange that the office arranged the meetings. I'd make sure that the people you meet with had their HT with the same Doctor you will have yours with.

By the way. Dr. Harris is recommended on here. He is in Colorado.

Frank

3 HT’s with Dr. Steven Gabel

2004- 2,855 grafts

2007- 2,789 grafts

2010- 2,010 grafts

View my hair restoration site

Hi, I had my recent HT performed 29 days ago at Denver Bosley (Greenwood Village location) & am quite happy with my results to date. I felt Dr. Tonia Pauls did a great job and the "graft installers" were professional & experienced for sure. Lunch sucked, but small thing to quibble about I suppose. They answered all my q's prior to my actual day of HT and I ran into some guys at my follow up who were also doing follow ups and they too were quite satisfied with their results. I know Dr. Harris is very proficient as well. You CAN get Bosley down to $4.25/ graft from their initial asking price of $5.99/graft. That makes a HUGE difference in cost.

I have a thread chronicling my HT results under Q&A under "Member Results using HGH during HT" if you want to get my blow by blow experiences after my HT at Bosley.

GOOD LUCK with your final decision, I think u will do well either place.

As you can tell from my screen name, not a fan of Bosely. Had a very poor result from another office (maybe 60% yield), Bosely acted entirely unethically IMHO, and I would never go back. Ever. It was not the Denver office, although I dealt also with the Bosely HQ folks when I realized that my results were poor and that the local office had been unethical in trying to convince me that the result was a "good" result (by their standards maybe). You can read more about my experience in one of the other recent threads ("Faster on One Side?...")

My advice: Please, please, please don't make the same rookie mistake I did by going to Bosley! There are just too many great alternatives, most of whom are recommended on this site. If you have to travel, so be it. Small price to pay. My 2nd HT (with one of the recommended physicians here) has turned out great, further reinforcing what a mistake I made in going to Bosley.

Botched@Bosley

Sounds like you are going to settle for whoever is geographically convenient for you, which I understand, but don't recommend. Many clinics will reimburse you partly for travel and lodging. You should really do your homework, find a great HT doc you are comfortable with, and then figure out the travel issues. Believe me, a HT clinic is not something you want to just settle for.

Regarding Bosley: there are plenty of Bosley nightmare stories. That's not to say you can't get a good result from them. But, you are rolling the dice with a chain place like that. Wouldn't you rather go to a doc that has a proven track record of excellence (a la H&W, Shapiro, Feller, Rahal, etc.), that you know will stand behind their work and be priced the same, if not lower, than a chain place?

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Definately check out Jim Harris

+1! You are lucky to live so close to a very good surgeon.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Bosley = Chop shop, disaster, horrible results, and other things I should not write on the net. Stay away. How do I know: I went to them over a decade ago and I am living proof they are bad. :eek:

When i had my transplant over 10 years ago, little did I know that some docs were doing better work then plugs. I did not have the resources to know better so I went to them; One of the top mistakes in my life. Now I am paying the price.

Stay away from Bosley.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru