Questions for the experts...looking for a hair transplant surgeon in Chicago

jpac22

Hello everyone,

I am new as a member but have been reading posts with interest for some time. I am amazed at the amount of information you have that is not necessarily disclosed by practicioners during consultations.

I have been losing hair for 0ver 10 years and have thinning on top but have a reasonably decent hairline. I have been on Propecia 1 mg/day, Rogaine foam 2x/day and Nizoral every few days for about 1 year.

I have had no side effects and have mainatained the hair I had and even seen some thickening thought its hard to tell how much regrowth I have really had.

I had a consultation with Bosley in Chicago and they recommeneded 2,000 grafts for a first proceudre and perhaps packing more density near the front for asthetic purposes.

After reading your posts, I am concerned about Bosley. Do you have recommendations for good surgeons in the Chicago area to consult with? Does anyone have photos to share of work done tby these physiciains?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JPAC22

You are wise to avoid bosley. I think konior is in chicago area. Shapiro is in minnessota. There is a list of recommended surgeons on this site and you can search by state. Stick with anyone off that list and you'll be fine.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dr. Panine is in the Chicago area, is recommended on here, and is very reasonably priced. I believe he is in the $3 a graft range.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I agree with the above posts. If you are in the Chicago area, you should go do Dr. Raymond Konior. Go to his website at premierehairdoc dot com

I am considering going to him for some repair work. His website shows many impressive results and he has also shown many results on the various hair transplant forums, including this one.

Dr. Konior and SMG are at the top of my list right now. I had a phone consult with Dr. K's rep yesterday and an online consult with Dr. K himself who is very very quick to return a response. I am looking at a smallish case. Dr. K is about $5.65 per graft, which is on the higher side for FUT. SMG (Drs Shapiro) are about $4.25, so for 2000 grafts you are looking at about $2800 in savings, and SMG is TOP notch.

It is a toss up for me because SMG is about twice the distance and I just feel betterbeing closer to the doc. So it is kind of a toss up. I am struggling with the decision myself.

EDIT: Actually SMG is a $4.50....my bad

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

SMG no Doubt, To me he is always my American choice especially Dr Ron Shapiro, after Rahal and H&W where they are located in Canada. SMG rates are very considering. Only $4.5 per graft up to 2000 grafts and $2.5 for any above 2000, and the tax is only 2%, Matt Zupan is an excellent advisor, you have to talk to him and you will learn all about Hair transplant in 30 min lol...:-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Even before this thread appeared, I was deciding between Dr. Konior and Dr. Ron Shapiro.

I live in the Chicago area, so picking Konior would be nice for logistical reasons. Konior's higher price is a concern, but it is offset by the fact that I will not need to pay airfare and hotel expenses if I go with Konior.

Either way, Shapiro or Konior, you can't go wrong!