james nesbitt

icebite79

• 1 month later...

Jimmy Nesbitt's two procedures look GREAT on him!! The Daily Mail (UK National Paper) today (Jan 5) took the proverbial out of him for getting it done, lumping him in with other celebrities (Like Gordon Ramsey the Chef) for getting HT and calling them 'vain' and only thinking of themselves.

I am actually very proud of the 'wee County Antrim lad, made good' not just for his acting career but ALSO for being so true to himself and publicly saying that 'it's awful to be going bald as a man, and anyone who says otherwise is lying.' He had the balls to be proactive and do something about it, and has no regrets that he made the right move. Good for you James and also Gordon.

Must be a quiet news day for the Press I guess!!

For those of you that don't know James Nesbitt, he's a well respected actor in the UK and has recently come clean about his HT, i wanted to say how much i respect James Nesbitt for doing so (not that he's gone into great detail about the procedure (x2), that doesn't matter) as i'm sure it helps us all in gain the confidence most of us lack in coming to grips with hairloss.

The more 'celebrities' that come 'out of the hairloss closet' the better in my opinion, it helps us face the fear head on.

Anybody else know of any celebrities/well know faces that have gone the HT road, i only want to know the ones that have told their story under their own free will.

Thanks,

The more 'celebrities' that come 'out of the hairloss closet' the better in my opinion, it helps us face the fear head on.

I very much agree! And not just celebrities but also us common folk as well. The more people talk about hair transplants, the faster the stigma will go away.

There's something a bit off about the common charge that men who have transplants (or otherwise attempt to hold back or cover up balding) are vain, especially when the same 'news' paper is reporting on Prince William's hairloss in full knowledge of how devastating the condition is to those like him who suffer from it.

So knowing the impact hairloss can have, how can it be vain to want to do something about it? With a hair transplant we aren't talking about a minor, laughable cosmetic tweek undertaken by someone in pursuit of a ridiculous level of perfection.

It seems that hairloss is seen by the media as the absolute last thing that a man should try and hide, while simultaneously being portrayed as one of the worst cosmetic issues a man can suffer from.

Has anyone else noticed that discrepancy? (Of course you have).

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

meh. It's vain. IMO, vanity is worst when we try to call it by another name.

but I submit that there are degrees of vanity. Looking at my photo, do you think me getting a HT would be as vain as my gf who got a nose job bc she wants to look like Megan Fox? f**K this world, man

HTs are about deigning to live in a cave with the rest of society. sorry. I can't help alluding to Plato at every turn

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not...”

- John Lennon

meh. It's vain. IMO, vanity is worst when we try to call it by another name.

but I submit that there are degrees of vanity. Looking at my photo, do you think me getting a HT would be as vain as my gf who got a nose job bc she wants to look like Megan Fox? f**K this world, man

HTs are about deigning to live in a cave with the rest of society. sorry. I can't help alluding to Plato at every turn

Meh, I do not think an HT can COMPARE to a woman getting a nose job to look like Magan Fox. Again, hair so something that men and women have and some lose....I think this makes it different then wanting to be someone else....getting an HT is wanting to be who you were.

They are a little different.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Lots of difference! The stigma associated with HT is so much different from getting a nose job. Ok, lets compare apple to apple, men to men. I seriously would not mind telling others if i got a nose job done, or double eyelid. However, i would defn not let others know i have gone for a HT.

U have to understand that u have LOST your hair, unlike the other cosmetic procedures whereby u r looking to get what u r not born with. I think getting what u have lost is like finding part of your confidence back. I would not call that vain IMHO

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Meh, I do not think an HT can COMPARE to a woman getting a nose job to look like Magan Fox. Again, hair so something that men and women have and some lose....I think this makes it different then wanting to be someone else....getting an HT is wanting to be who you were.

They are a little different.

Sure, there's a stigma with either surgery (nose or HT), but Spanker is completely right. Replacing what you've once had is different.

• 3 weeks later...

i think we're all slowly going away from the original post which is very easily done, myself included!

anyway, for those of you in the UK and like to know about celebrities getting HTs, look out for Chris Evans on the breakfast show on Radio 2, he mentions his hang-ups on the thinning subject quite often and i'm almost certain from the hints he keeps making that he will go ahead with a HT fairly soon, i so hope he does because he's the sort to come clean about the procedure, this morning he asked Elton John (of all people) about his hair and what he, Elton thought he should do.

...and as one person mentioned Prince William, well if the future King of England gets one done before his huge wedding, then that will be fantastic and well give us all some well deserved inspiration.

michaelh

I find this an interesting thread as it makes me think about why I got my HTs and what I think about telling others, if anything. No doubt, in our Plato's cave society (I like that T4G), where looks and image reign supreme, baldness is a big issue as it's right out there for everyone to see. And there really are so many contradicting messages. Bald men are the butt of jokes and are ridiculed or shown in a negative light in the press, on TV and in movies (not always, I know, but in general). But God help any man who then tries to take control over something that is not in any way his fault in the first place? Say what? Like so many others here, when I started down the HT path, I had a lot of shame (why?), felt really stupid and desperately wanted to keep my HTs secret. Once I got my first one and it turned out so successful and then had my second one and am currently watching it grow in with great delight, I find my attitude changing. I think I was so determined to keep my HTs secret because what if I shelled out all the money and ended up looking ridiculous? Then I was a bald man who was a desperate fool too? Now that that has not happened (just the opposite), I'm much more comfortable with owning up to the fact that I have had HTs. What's someone gonna say? I look and feel so much better these days and have no regrets. Who wouldn't make that choice if they had the means to? All I have to say is, thank God for modern HTs (and for my good donor characteristics).

My life has definitely changed for the better since getting my HTs. I'm much more confident each day (that's worth a helluva lot) and I do get treated differently by people (and women, especially). Did I do it for those people and those women? Hell no. I wouldn't want anything to do with a woman who was so shallow. I did this for myself. Yes, we live in Platos cave, but unless you're some kind of Buddha, it's pretty damn hard to get out. So screw anyone who snickers at me or thinks any less of me for doing this. You watch those smug people when they lose their hair. They'll be asking you for advice on who to go to for a HT. Or they'll go hide.

There's something a bit off about the common charge that men who have transplants (or otherwise attempt to hold back or cover up balding) are vain

Really. Why isn't it similarly considered "vain" for men to wear nice clothing, shave, have styled hair, use deodorant, get designer frames for their glasses, etc.? Those are all things men do to make themselves more acceptable and attractive to others.

• 1 month later...

hello lads and lasses,i agree completely with whats been said especially Tao,If a woman in the public eye lost her hair people would treat her with sympathy,and if she had a ht to combat it she would be thought of totally differently to men in the same predicament,i would not think twice about admitting i had a ht but i would'nt be shouting it from the roof tops,the only reason i have'nt had one and the only reason i would want to keep it quiet would be that i would not want people to think i would put my family threw financial hardship so i could have hair on my head,i don't like selfish people and would not want to be thought of as such,all have a nice day....

• 11 months later...

seen him at cheltenham this week, his hts look very impressive even if its all grey now! shame i had nothing on his horse!

JS4167860_425494s.jpg&w=325&h=421&ei=wiBmT72IMYXMhAeOqaS1CA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=451&vpy=212&dur=2903&hovh=256&hovw=197&tx=92&ty=156&sig=109775969260715431158&page=2&tbnh=161&tbnw=135&start=18&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:21,s:18&biw=1024&bih=638

Redirect Notice

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

That's actually pretty damn impressive for two strips considering his level of baldness before the HTs. I think Hair Restoration Blackrock is a rip off but if that's his head of hair sans concealer then credit where credit is due. Great result and it has dramatically changed his appearance for the better.