Vote for the best doctor according to you.!!

amanindia

Hello everyone,

Recently few new doctors have added in this forum & now it seems good number of surgeons are performing what its call "Gold standard hair transplant".Let it be Fut or Fue its does matter much.Leave the scar issue behind and name the top 5 doctors who you think are ruling in the field of hair transplant.I know comparisons should not be done but then i also know that people have the right to know who are the "best among the best".Dont give any explanation or any advice if you dont want to give in your input .:rolleyes:

Here are my top five after researching internet,meeting few patients in real,having converse with many patients on phone & email.

1.Hasson and Wong (They perform giga sessions & you can get the results of surgeries in one if you have the donor density & laxity).

2.Dr Rahal (His Fue technique & large session capabilty impressed me)

3.Dr Jeffrey Epstein

4.Dr Paul & Dr Ron Shapiro

5.Dr. Alan Feller

The list can go on & trust me its very tough to rank among the elite class & these are my personal favorite however i feel every doctor listed in the Coalition panel is numero uno & unique.Now you all guys list your top five.Thanks.

My pick is Dr. Cooley!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

@uselessgomez

Jerry Wong & Victor Hasson are the only strip surgeons in the world that can perform mega sessions counting 7000 grafts & above which other doctors can achieve in two or three surgeries.They both practice together & use customized blades which enable them to given high density etc.The are the only doctors which show real videos of their patients pre & post surgery & come on man you go to Hair Transplants | Hair Transplant Surgery | Hasson & Wong and see it for yourself.All your questions will be answered. They both stand for the first position according to me.

New Ranking if you want single entries buddy:-

1.Dr Victor Hasson ( performs giga sessions & you can get the results of surgeries in one if you have the donor density & laxity).

2.Dr Jerry Wong(His results are speachless just like Dr Hasson's)

3.Dr Rahal (His Fue technique & large session capability impressed me)

4.Dr Jeffrey Epstein

5.Dr Paul & Dr Ron Shapiro.

Remember you can play tricks with pictures but with videos in which density & growth is shown by splitting & combing the hair clears all the queries.You cannot fool a person by applying nanogen & then shooting a video.Truth will be out in a second.

I met a patient of Dr Hasson on the day of the surgery as well & trust me it looked as if he was joking & he never had a ht.He was looking great after the surgery & the density was very good.

Edited by amanindia

And why is Epstein on your list? I've read that his quality hasn't been up to par lately.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

It is difficult to leave the FUT or FUE issue behind because they are 2 very different surgeries. H&W doesn't do FUE, Dr. Rahal just began performing FUE and does not yet have any grown out results. SMG is novice at FUE, doesn't have any grown out pictures, ok well maybe one that they post over and over again of the Latin gentleman. I believe this above ranking is relevant to FUT doctors for sure, but for FUE, after 100's of hours of research, Harris and Feller are the top docs, period.

I cant resist but get involved in this thread. Of course, various docs have strengths over others and one great doc may not be the best fit for all but on balance, here are mine:

Drs.

1. Hasson and Rahal

2. Ron Shapiro

3. Wong

4. True

5. Bernstein

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

RCWEST I wasnt aware of Jeffery's recent work & results therefore i voted for him after looking at his past track record.If he isnt performing well then the truth will be out soon.I have created this ranking system so that i can know who are the favorites of everyone .Regards

Respectfully, I think that threads like these are counterproductive to these forums. When it comes to the ranking of physicians the internet serves as a giant echo-chamber. It starts with a few people writing that "Dr. X" is the best of the best, which is read by others who repeat this sentiment over and over until the masses just blindly accept that Dr. X is the best of the best. And sometimes the reality is that Dr. X is just an average surgeon with an exceptional publicity mechanism. In the world of cosmetic surgery this is often how things work.

I seriously doubt that most posters on this forum have had enough experience with one HT surgeon let alone FIVE for the purpose of comparison. So I'm afraid most of these lists will just be hearsay. If you truly wish to find the "top docs" in any field you should gather information from hospitals, medical schools and universities (in addition to speaking with actual patients). The best doctors tend not to advertise because they are well known within their field and respected by their peers.

...Just trying to help.

Respectfully, I think that threads like these are counterproductive to these forums. When it comes to the ranking of physicians the internet serves as a giant echo-chamber. It starts with a few people writing that "Dr. X" is the best of the best, which is read by others who repeat this sentiment over and over until the masses just blindly accept that Dr. X is the best of the best. And sometimes the reality is that Dr. X is just an average surgeon with an exceptional publicity mechanism. In the world of cosmetic surgery this is often how things work.

I seriously doubt that most posters on this forum have had enough experience with one HT surgeon let alone FIVE for the purpose of comparison. So I'm afraid most of these lists will just be hearsay. If you truly wish to find the "top docs" in any field you should gather information from hospitals, medical schools and universities (in addition to speaking with actual patients). The best doctors tend not to advertise because they are well known within their field and respected by their peers.

...Just trying to help.

I kind of agree that it can be an ill informed echo chamber.....with that said....there are a lot of people that have followed docs for years and know what kind of character they have, what kind of follow uo they have, corresponded with actual patients (what I am currently doing), and seen a lot of before and afters. I think frequent forum members build a "trust" with certain members also about there opinions which I think is also helpful in the decision making process.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

...Just trying to help.

I dont agree with you & the posters here are pretty smart & well aware about the reputation of surgeons & please if i live 20000 miles away from Usa and i want to reseach about a doctor of Usa then should i visit hospitals Usa & medical colleges.Dude,if the best doctors wont advertise then either they dont want business in the long run beacause their work is defined by their technicians & if they are not paid handsomely they they will move out & the doctor will have to train the technicians again which takes years.Many posters have had surgery with more than 1 doctor & they have talked with patients & done massive research but they have never visited any hospitals etc because no one has time these days to do thesis. :rolleyes:

Dude,if the best doctors wont advertise then either they dont want business in the long run beacause their work is defined by their technicians & if they are not paid handsomely they they will move out & the doctor will have to train the technicians again which takes years.

I'm not totally sure what that means but the reason that the best doctors (or the elite of any profession) do not advertise is because they don't need to. Their reputation speaks for itself. For example, you don't see many advertisements for Harvard University do you?

But I guess my point was that these "top doc" threads are a dime a dozen and it seems like you've already read most of them. Shapiro and H&W, two fine choices you've named yourself. Asking people to submit 5 names will surely lead this thread into echo-chamber territory.

Where is Reed. I'd rate him definitely in top 5. He just won the Platinum follicular award from IHARS. I would say he is on the top of his game.

That would be "ISHRS" (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons) not "IHARS"- and I must say, I second that vote for Reed!!!

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Been a lurker for some time and thought its about time I join in.

Based on my research over a year ago...I went for surgery with Dr. Rahal and I was extremely satisfied with him and I got a pencil line thin scar and nice density at the front..I went back for second surgery with dr 2.5 months ago.

Will post pictures but I just searched and I found that my first transplant result was posted on the forum by Dr Rahals office......

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157739-dr-rahal-2688-grafts-11-months-post-op.html

Not to say the others are not good. I dont have experience with them.