Dr. Dorin 1,696 FUT: 10 Day Post-Op Update... Stitches Removed!

corvettester

10 Days post-op from 1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin.

Just got my stitches removed... basically painless.

Aside from that, everything is great.

No swelling.

No shock loss.

No bleeding.

No pain, just a discomfort in the donor area if I lay on it (I'm a side sleeper anyway, so no worries).

I'm sleeping and showering normally.

The recipient area is going well. The redness has subsided about 80% now so I figure it'll be back to normal in about a week or so.

My native hair covers the recipient area so it's impossible to see any of the redness from the surgery.

Doctor told me I don't need to be on Propecia as of yet; however, we'll be monitoring the situation closely.

Here are the pics from today. Sorry, I completely forgot to have the donor area photographed... next time! Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I am surprised that he said you do not need propecia yet....did he say why? Results are looking good so far!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The rationale behind not needing Propecia yet is that I have no family history of MPB and that I may only have a maturing hairline. I'm 29 years old and the recession started about 3 years ago. However, it's a wait and see approach. We'll be monitoring it very closely. I'm hoping it's only a maturing hairline, but I'm prepared to accept the fact that I may have MPB. I feel like the pics make it look much worse than it really is, but maybe that's just me lying to myself?

I've always had a high hairline so it has always made me look like I either have a really big forehead or a receding hairline. Even when I was a teenager, people would say that it looked like my hair was receding when it clearly wasn't. So hopefully, that is what it is, just a maturing hairline. If not, I'll still try to stay away from meds. I'd rather get another HT than go on meds. I don't like meds at all.

The idea of having to take Propecia for the rest of my life depresses me to no end.... especially considering that I just know that I'll be one of the few who get ED from it. I get ED from any and all meds... including alcohol. Yep, if I want to get laid, I better not have had even one drink because it just does something to me down there. It's always been that way for me.

Edited by corvettester

I guess I should clarify that, yes, I clearly have MPB. I have no illusions about that. I'm probably a NW 2/3. However, I'm hoping it stays that way. If it goes further, I'll just continue chasing it with HT until I run out of donor hair.

But Just because I'm a NW2/3 at age 29, that doesn't mean that I'll necessarily progress into a NW5/6 by the time I'm 39. I may get thinner on top or I may not. There is really no way of knowing. Either way, I'm just not into taking medication for the rest of my life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen on the HTN, it seems like all the NW5/6 men started balding early in their lives and by the time they're my age are already a clear NW4. Sure, I know that nothing is certain, I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Progress is looking good! I bet its nice to have those stitches out. Today is my 1 month anniversary.

As far as FIN goes. Personally, I'd get on it [ I did right after my procedure no sides yet]. You know, its really hard to say whether it will work or wont or to speculate where I'll be 10 years from now if I'm on it or not.

With hair loss an optimistic approach isn't necessarily the best. As far as I'm concerned, I'm gonna do anything I can to try and prevent loss rather than having to fix it. These docs are deff skilled and can give you a fairly convincing appearance but you can't beat what was initially there to begin with.

Anyway, good luck man. You know your body best

Corvettester,

Looks like you are healing well! I hope you'll keep the community updated on the progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

My decision for not taking Propecia and Rogaine is this: because it appears to me and my doctors that my recession has stopped, I may simply have a matured hairline that only looks so bad because of my already high hairline.

I went in for my first consultation over a year ago at the age of 27 (not an uncommon age for a man's hairline to be matured) and I haven't noticed any more loss since then. At the initial consultation, at the behest of Dr. True, we decided to wait another year to see if it got any worse. It didn't, so we went for it.

However, I will monitor it closely and if I continue to lose hair, then I will give the meds a second thought. Thus, I’ll probably have to make a decision on it in the coming two years, but I’ll always have to remain vigilant in monitoring it.

Even if it does continue to recede, I will still be very hesitant to take meds. I'd rather do another HT than take meds. And if I had to choose between taking meds my whole life or being a NW6, it'd be a tough decision for me. As you can see, I have personal and philosophical issues with taking meds for extended periods of time but that is really beyond the scope of this forum.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Edited by corvettester