Hair Transplant by DR Scott Alexander

I recently had my surgery and had a great experience at DR Alexander's. He did a strip surgery and got 2897 grafts. I know I have a long waiting game ahead of me but am looking forward to the end results. please see my blog.

Thanks.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1855

Edited by contemplating54

contemplating54,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Coalition member Dr. Alexander. Your work looks great and I'm looking forward to following your progress!

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You chose an outstanding surgeon. Now it's time to just kick back and forget about the next 6-8 months. :D

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 2 weeks later...

My story is nearly the same as yours. I'm 22, but I began suffering from hair loss at age 20. I first started using Rogaine, then I quickly stopped after about of 2.5 months of using it because I didn't like it. Then I started using Propecia, and I have been on that for about 1.5 years now and I just started using nanogen for the past 2 months now. I have a very similar hair loss pattern as you. I'm currently losing my hair on the top (sides and back are thick) frontal third. I have been looking at Dr. Alexanders results in the past and they look very promising. I'm very anxious to see how yours turns out because it can give me an idea of what I will experience in the future. Best of luck to you :D

My Hair Loss Blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2920

1st Hair Transplant: FUT/Strip, Dr. John Diep. 07/14/2014.

# of grafts: 3577

1's: 897

2's: 2016

3's: 451

4's: 213

Good to see you on the forums. Hope you are doing well so far. Relax through the waiting process and I look forward to seeing your results soon.

Looks like great work. The first few months will be tough but it should be worth it in the end. 7 days is on the early side for suture removal so I'll be interested in your scar situation.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

the closure looks fantastic...looking forward to seeing the scar in the future too....

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

At 10 days that closure is VERY THIN, i can't even notice it until the hair was lifted. Even at day 5!

That's pretty good stuff right there. You seem to heal pretty quick, even regarding scabs etc. Good luck.