What are your thoughts on Neograft?

notsosure,

You know what they say about things that sound too good to be true. I recommend you read the following articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog:

Can the NeoGraft Hair Transplant Machine Revolutionize Follicular Unit Extraction?

NeoGraft: A Revolutionary FUE Hair Transplant Machine?

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

HT surgery is WAY to delicate to trust to a machine.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

If the doc he showed you is Bauman, I'd stay away. I've seen some really poor results from him. And, the neograft machine doesn't seem to have much of a track record.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Similar to my many posts on lasers....I'd suggest a thorough review of the PEER REVIEWED, American medical journal published studies of any new technique/procedure be among all patient's and doctors' "to do" list.

From experience, if something works well and is reproducible, doctors will flock to show their results at scientific meetings and in the literature.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 months later...

I recently attended a seminar in Beverly Hills and viewed a FUE surgery using this automated device. i was very impressed and will bring the neograft into my practice as soon as possible.

performing 2500 graft FUE sessions is now possible with little or no significant graft trauma. this automation will undoubtly bring the cost of FUE down.

The neograft company is promoting that this procedure has NON PHYSICIANS TECHS doing the entire surgery !

If you are interested doing a procedure this device, make sure that the surgeon performs all the extractions, makes all the recepient sites. The techs should only place the grafts.

good luck to those of you with short hair or just not comfortable with strip excisions.

That one word describes it perfectly! What is crazy is that I have heard a few board certified plastic surgeons lately talking about getting into the HT business because of this crazy machine. People that do not do there homework before undergoing HT are in for trouble.