My procedure with Dr. Raymond Konior

As many have posted here before, Dr. Konior is AMAZING! I was REALLY impressed with not only what he did for me but the professional teamwork that took place during my procedure. Even though I couldn't see (they covered my eyes), I could hear them talking to one another and based on what I heard, i could tell he ran a well oiled machine. It really was impressive. i remember going in and seeing a TEAM of assistants preparing for my procedure. I wasn't expecting that. I had done plenty of research about hair transplants and certainly in the field regarding which doctor I should seek out in Chicago. I didn't realize there needed to be a TEAM working on me. lol. Maybe it had to do with how many grafts they were implanting (originally 3,500 but he ended up putting in close to 3,700 I think).

All the assistants were kind and gentle with me and were constantly making sure I was comfortable. I thought it was a little funny how the doctor told me that I would be sleeping through the 12 (or more) hour procedure due to the Valium they gave me but it's a little hard when they keep moving you around and talking to you/asking if you need a break (which I needed several times). I did my best to just lie there and let Dr. Konior do his thing because I wanted nothing but his best efforts undisturbed but when you have to pee...you have to pee! lol.

In the end, they gave me a mirror to see the end results and I was blown away because he ended up covering WAY more than he originally told me he could do! I had far more baldness in my crown area than my temple and hairline. I had told him that was the area I was most concerned about at this moment in time and could wait a year before getting my hairline done. At first he was reluctant and gave me the impression that he didn't want to work on that area but he'd rather work on my hairline (since that is what most people would see). I guess he had a change of heart or saw that he could cover my crown as well as other areas once I got into the surgical room. I don't know but man was I grateful!! As I mentioned, I was very impressed and amazed at the final results. They went beyond what i thought it might look like. Granted I just had it done so maybe it will look far different once the hair starts to grow out, but I'm not worried for the moment.

I'd love to share photos but only Dr. Konior has those and even though I asked for copies, I never got any. I can take post-op photos myself and post those I suppose but you know how difficult it is to take photos of yourself without help. If anyone has questions or thoughts regarding hair transplant or even Dr. Raymond Konior, I'd be happy to answer as best I can

I've had two surgeries with Dr. Konior. I had incredible results with the first surgery - hairline and frontal third. I tackled the crown on the second one but I'm just a month out so no results to report yet other than an already hardly detectable scar and both times being able to go back to work after 10 days with no one being able to tell anything. I found Dr. Konior to be dedicated, meticulous and very much a perfectionist. I'm looking forward to the months ahead. Congrats on a great choice. You will be very pleased.

NeedHair,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing your detailed experience with Dr. Konior. I'm sure if you send Dr. Konior another email, he'll send you your photos. I look forward to seeing your results! Feel free to create a free patient website or hair loss blog to share your experience and results.

All the Best,

Bill

NeedHair75,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant procedure! Dr. Konior is an excellent surgeon, and I look forward to following your progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a little update: It's been over 6 months since my first procedure and I am REALLY impressed with the results!! I didn't realize how BALD I was getting until recently when I saw how much hair I had since my procedure (due to pictures my family took of me). Dr. Konior REALLY underplayed what he did for me. I got FAR more hair than he led me to believe I would have...which is good! I'm amazed at how much hair he can implant with just one strip from the back of my head. I'm going in for a check up to see if he can do a second procedure.

Anyone who is thinking about getting a hair transplant procedure, look into Dr. Konior! He is definitely one of the best! I can't say enough praise for his work.

• 2 weeks later...

O'h yeah...he shaved! I even asked the assistants to shave the rest of my head the same length so that it would look even. Granted, they're not barbers or hair dressers so it came out uneven looking but close enough when I wore a cap. In terms of density, I'm not sure. I'm sure he tried to match the density that I had at the time.

Congrats Needhair. I'm about 7 months out of my 2nd HT with Dr. Konior and I'm very impressed. If you email his office assistant, Tom, I'm sure you can get photos of your HT, pre and post operation. It's nice to have them to compare where you started. It's night and day with me. I think Hasson and Wong, Dr Feller, SMG, and Rahal get most of the good press on this site (and with good reason, no doubt) but I think Konior is also right up there. Would love to see some pics, as I'm sure others would as well.

I've tried to get pics but all I could get from them is the pre-op photos. I don't know why they won't give me the others. I too will be getting a second procedure. I have a check-up appointment with Konior next month and hopefully he'll tell me I'm a good candidate for a second one!

Konior is definitely underrated. Can't wait to see your pics.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 years later...

Threads like this are useless without photos. Can you just take some pics with your hone? In this day and age everyone has access to a camera. Glad you're happy with your results, but for the rest of us, testimonials without photos don't help.

Threads like this are useless without photos. Can you just take some pics with your hone? In this day and age everyone has access to a camera. Glad you're happy with your results, but for the rest of us, testimonials without photos don't help.

Dude you need to relax. You don't have any information about your hairloss in your profile either. So don't preach something that you don't practice.

Dude you need to relax. You don't have any information about your hairloss in your profile either. So don't preach something that you don't practice.

I am very relaxed. You mistakenly read my post in the wrong tone.

I have not had a procedure done yet. But rest assured, when I do, I will either post nothing, or post a thread with photos included.

We are here for information regarding a procedure that produces aesthetic visual changes to our appearance. Therefore it is important for threads like this to come with some sort of visual element, because in the end the visible results are all that matters.

Now, lets not hijack this mans thread. Lets let him respond with some photos.

Thanks

Neil

This patient was presented here in 2011. He was contacted yesterday and will be coming in for follow-up. I'm quite sure he has been going about his daily life and is not even aware of this thread anymore.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159957-raymond-konior-m-d-3665-graft-hair-restoration.html#post2259643

This patient was presented here in 2011. He was contacted yesterday and will be coming in for follow-up. I'm quite sure he has been going about his daily life and is not even aware of this thread anymore.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159957-raymond-konior-m-d-3665-graft-hair-restoration.html#post2259643

A splendid results for the amount of grafts used. Kornior, you are truly a genius. I showed my parents your work and they don't believe that its even possible.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

• 2 years later...