Recommend Dr. Rahal?

After much reserach, I am most likely going with Dr. Rahal. Today however, I read a post from someone who said that they obtained a very bad result from a FORMER coalition doctor. I was taking for granted that the docs recommended on this site (Especially Coalition) docs will prodce the best results possible. I know Dr. Rahal has a great reputation but I was wondering if anyone has had or have heard first hand of any bad expieriences with Dr. Rahal? I know all docs will get complaints from time to time simply due to human nature and can't please everyone; esp when expectations are out of wack with some. I am talking about truely warrented complaints. I have enough to prepare for mentally and I dont want to have to worry about this as well.

Thanks

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Can't decide,

Dr. Rahal is a highly respected member of our community and a Coalition surgeon. His skills have been closely evaluated, and he's passed rigorous qualifications to achieve such high recommendation. Please, feel free to use the search function or review cases on his recommendation profile to confirm my claims!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks guys. I am very confident in Dr. Rahal but just wanted more assurance which you have, in part, given to me.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Just to echo what has already been said, I also think that Dr. Rahal's work is amazing. His scars are also ridiculously good. Look up member Eamon's profile. He hasn't posted in a while, but he went to Dr. Rahal and did a really good job of documenting everything.

The only downsides to Dr. Rahal are that he requires shaving of the recipient area, and I think he might be a little too aggressive in terms of hairline placement and numbers of grafts used.

I'm three weeks post up. I used to think he was aggressive but after meeting with him, he advised against closing my temples because of the instability of my hairloss and designed for me an appropriate hairline. He is very professional and so is his staff very meticulious.

Anour, I would love to see your photos. Can you post them, please?

Can't decide, although I haven't had first hand experience, I've also heard great things about Dr. Rahal's patient care. I know it doesn't matter if the doctor treats the patient extremely well if the work is subpar, but Dr. Rahal's work is anything but. I'd have zero problem in going to Dr. Rahal, and that's saying a lot because I'm very picky.

I have to agree, Dr Rahals hairlines are the best around, but it comes at a cost. IMO, he transplants way too many grafts and produces hairlines that are too low on young patients who, even on propecia, will likely end up as NW 6's.

He does do excellent work and can produce age appropriate hairlines aswell, but the majority of his work that I have seen involve transplantng 3000 grafts into the hairline of a 23 year old. This is obviously bad news if you lose more hair and wont have enough hair to give you a natural look.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

He wouldnt be transplanting low hairlines onto people if they didnt ask for it. I think the buck stops with the patient. If he wont do it then, the patient will probably go elsewhere and be hacked up, at least this way, he keeps them unbutchered.

I had a procedure with him 1 month ago. he managed to get 3900 grafts out of a proposed 3500 graft diagnosis. I don't feel his hairlines are too low. If anything I wish it was lower, but that's just where I am right now. In 6 months I'm sure I'll be happy with what he did.

I would most definitely recommend him.

I had a HT from Rahal in April and would completely agree with TC17s comments. I would recommend him. Particularity for hairlines, which I think are superior to H&W's

flatpro,

I wish you the best with your recent HT, but I think saying that Rahal does "better" hairlines than Dr. Hasson or Wong is utter BS! The only reason his hairlines on some patients may look better is because he dense packs them to the extreme which ANY top HT surgeon can do.

A Dr. Hasson or Dr. Shapiro hairline using as many grafts as Rahal does would look equally awesome -- for the SHORT term! Long term ? Who the hell knows !!!

I looked at your blog and see that he packed in 4300 grafts into what IMO is an absurdly low NW0 hairline. You are 23 years old and it looks to me like you could even end up a NW7 eventually -- or at least a NW6. For your sake I hope you have another 10,000 grafts available.

The problem with young guys being dense packed with NW0 hairlines today is the issue of TOMORROW! Remember, HTs are permanent. There was another Dr. (who shares the same name of a famous fashion designer) who was also popular amongst the 20 something crowd, and he also gave NW0 hairlines to young lads destined for NW6/7 territory. There are other forums where you can go the "repair section" and you'll find out about what became of these people 5 years later.

I chose my Dr. (Hasson) not just for skill, but also for ethics. I researched for 1 year and then dissapeared from all the forums for 5 years. This was a "strategy" as part of my research. When I came back there were 4 top doctors whose reputations remained intact (Hasson, Wong, Shapiro, Feller). The rest of them ALL took nosedives, and for obvious reasons that were easy for the skeptical, educated eye to see back then. It just took a few years for the ARMY of disgruntled patients to manifest.

I wish you the best, but my gut tells me you'd better pray that cloning becomes a reality in 5-10 years time or just being bald will seem like a distant dream.

I think that is rather unfair, ES. First of all, the grafts used for flatpro's transplant covered quite a large area of scalp. They were not all packed into the first couple of centimetres of hairline and the density is hardly extreme at around 50%. The hairline isn't even that low, starting above the backward sweep of the forehead. The temples are closed which isn't something unique to Dr Rahal's work. The number of grafts used to do this is relatively few.

Secondly, I have seen no army of disgruntled patients - not patients of Dr Rahal nor any of the other top surgeons. I can only think of one clinic which is dealing with that sort of thing. And to say that only those four doctors you mentioned have their reputations intact strikes me as an atypical belief to say the least.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 1 year later...

Dr. Rahal is an excellent surgeon. His work is very natural and he has a lot of happy patients on this forum. There are several great clinics on here who produce outstanding results on a consistent basis and Dr. Rahal is among that group.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Dr Rahal is an excellent surgeon, would recommend him and one of the best there is but i do not agree he is the 'best at hairline surgery'.

There is no surgeon who is completely superior to all in any area of hair transplantation.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Im gonna assume this thread started a long time ago!!! Personally, IMO it should be deleted...I know that will not happen, but to question Dr Rahals work, or ethic is simply stupid!! His work speaks for itself!! He is actually quit conservative...when he drew my hairline I suggested we move it up a little bit and he totally agreed!! His staff is wonderful and no one in his clinic should be questioned about their ethics!! I know everyone has their top surgeon, and obviously Im biased, but Dr Rahal is and has always been a great surgeon...he is also very genuine and takes time with each patient...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I started this thread a long time ago before my procedure with Dr. Rahal. I originally asked about Dr. Rahal in general as I knew relatively little of him at that point. I subsiquently booked a procedure and now cannot be happier about my results.

He is the best in the business IMO along with SMG.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Appreciate everyone's comments, I am in my late 20's and looking for an HT within next 18 months. I am looking at HT views from doctors and patients alike of Feller, Shapiro, Hassan and Rahal as from my research i have deemed them as current top 4.

You cannot go wrong with any of the above Snowman.

Thanks for quick response, i hope that is the case being based in UK i can only get prelim feedback based on online consultation. So far have had 1 consult out of the 4, plan is to have all 4 and compare individual findings and recommendations

I know Dr Feller is in London in May, the other 3 you have stated above, I am not sure when they are in London next, mail them and ask them if they are doing consultations.

Otherwise, you will have to do online consultations.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Appreciate everyone's comments, I am in my late 20's and looking for an HT within next 18 months. I am looking at HT views from doctors and patients alike of Feller, Shapiro, Hassan and Rahal as from my research i have deemed them as current top 4.

Those are 4 great clinics to consult with. You can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck with your consultations and decision!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1