20 year old good looking bald kid

I started balding when i was around 17, my face didn't even look like what it looks like today at 26. When i was around 20 i was a NW3 and i still got lots of looks and phone calls from random girls.

Being considered attractive and loosing your hear is complete ****. I can't imagine nothing worse happening to a young guy interested in girls. I would probably choose being *** ***** every week for a year in exchange for having a great head of hair.... it really RUINS your life at this age. To think that this one factor is the only factor affecting you so much and your chances with girls is too much to bare. If i had never had any attention from girls at all and would be considered below average or average looking, at least i could be comforted by the thought that i wouldn't have THAT much going for me anyway.

You young attractive guys (except for your hair) ..... what the h*** can we do?? Is there really NOTHING we can do that is really viable? Hair transplants and hairpieces are pretty much out of the question at our age. I really can't believe that in the year 2010, there is no hope!!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
Removed inappropriate content.

norwoodsman,

Hair loss can be a devastating occurrence (even for the beautiful people :)). Unfortunately, we are one decade into the 21st century with no baldness cure in our immediate future.

Since you have not posted any photos, it's difficult to assess your degree of hair loss but there are some viable, non-surgical hair loss solutions that you may want to explore.

Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) are both clinically proven to help stop or even reverse hair loss. Both of these hair loss treatments are considered to produce the greatest results in younger patients.

I recommend that you consult with your doctor or arrange for a free consultation with one of the quality hair loss physicians on the Hair Transplant Network.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I know exactly how you feel .. have experienced the same thing, I'm only 24 but has chosen to have a ht.

you have the choice, forget it or do something about it

I chose to get my life back, and if it means finatride and ht for life then it's what I do

norwoodsman,

I know exactly what you are talking about, though I am a good bit older than you (41). All through high school and into my early 20s I literally had to beat girls off with a stick. It used to bother me back then, and I felt like a sex object. Then when the hair started going I felt like some beautiful fashion model who became disgustingly obese overnight, yet never even had the pleasure of eating all the food. It was amazing to see how women would completely ignore you suddenly for no other reason than having lost your hairline. You suddenly look 10-15 years older because of it. Girls start guessing your age to be 35-40 instead of 25.

If you had been ugly your whole life, then losing your hair would likely be no big deal. I have a friend who was born with a cleft pallette, so he has a deformed looking nose/mouth. Also, he's only 5'1" tall. So when he lost the hair it was a source of amusement for him. He was already psycholgically prepared for it.

But now that I look back on it, I am truly thankful that hairloss forced me to become a more spiritual, deeper person. It showed me the mendaciousness of our society really well, and it was also a big catalyst for me to pursue my education and career. If I could magically go back in time I really wouldn't change anything about my life, hairloss included.

I know how you feel! I remember being in college and thinking I'm too young to lose my hair. And thinking if I was older ( 30s) I wouldn't care. Well I just turned 30 and I still care!

If your looks play into how you feel about yourself, it's always gonna be a factor. That guy that's not attractive may say "at least I have my hair!"

hero85, did you have a hair transplant? How did it go and at what norwood stage were you?

Yes I have .. I'm only a little over two months so I can obviously not see results yet, but I am very glad I have done something about my problem, of course it is hard to wait for it grow out, and what about the shock loss coming back and so on?? but am sure I am happy about a few months

I am probably in between norwood stage 2a and 3 .. but has also chosen to take finastride which I think is very important.

you can see my Story here, and can just write to me privately, can see you are from norway, we must stand together from Scandinavia:D:D

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=156536

It is not a nice thing to go through as most women in this age bracket have been brainwashed by the media to admire men with long, thick hair but it does come with some benefits; you get a more matured stance on life - you end up focusing more on things that matter (for me that means working out more and focusing on my school and career).

• 1 month later...

You're not alone in this war with ourselves. I am 22 years old and I have MPB as well. I also used to be called the "ladies man" back in high school and have experienced A LOT of changes during these past few years. It's a tough thing to accept but once you do, you will be on the right path to fix it. Do not rush into anything, you will regret it. There are a lot of people out there experiencing the kind of emotions you are at the moment and it is good to let them out and talk about them. Just look at Prince Williams, he must be feeling the same way. It eats your confidence up but don't let it get to you. Think positive.

• 1 month later...

I hear you, your not alone. This is a problem that really takes down even the strongest men. From confidence to nothing. Although it may be hard, just know they have treatments and transplant surgeries available, even though there isn't a cure yet. So there is no reason to loose hope. They might be close to something soon you never know. In the meantime you can try rogaine or propecia and stick to it, then later on do the ultimate step of transplantation. Just don't think there isn't any hope. We are all in this together. We all suffered and continue to suffer and yet find ways to cope with it. Just know there are people in the same boat as you and some guys don't even have hair or body hair or any hair. Just keep your head up and I know what you mean. I have been in those same shoes when I was 20-21.

Don't waste your money on products that prove not to work but just rob your hard earned money. Propecia/Rogaine/Toppik type stuff, Nizoral, and that's it, anything else might do you more harm then good. Then Transplantation is the most promising step to regain hair.

Other things are in trials, lets see what happens, but if you can't wait then go for these things. If you wait and keep waiting and nothing comes up then you wasted your time waiting and would feel worse, so just make a decision. Don't let this thing take control of you. Make a move.

• 5 months later...

Going bald so young stinks, but it sounds like you look good without hair and a lot of people would love to be able to just shave it all and look great. That's probably a small consolation, but there are options out there.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nicko3105

i know what you mean i noticed i was receeding at 23 and at 25 i jumped in and went to the first transplant doctor as i was so scared of balding and if i can advise anything, Please Please research loads before u make a decision, as my first one was the wrong one, the surgeon left a big scar that cant be fixed as its too high and he transplanted nothing or nothing grew anyway. Please Please research these forums first before u jump into a HT.... Luckily I have alot of Donor hair so I went to Dr Feller yesterday 1 year after my first one and all i can say is the man is a genius lol but i was getting anxious about loosing my hair.. every day checking in the mirror to see if more hair has fallen out.. counting the hairs on my pillow and in the shower and getting so frustrated about it all the time. not one day goes by that i dont think about it and to be honest i find it fuc*ing draining. always thinking why me why not the other bloke. I tried shaving my head and that didnt suit so i decided to get a proper HT off a recommended surgeon and although i have only got it yesterday the different between this one and the last one is no comparission. Do what you think will make you happy and if you pick a good surgeon if u choose to go down that route you shouldnt be disapointed. :o

• 8 months later...

I felt the need to comment on this as im young and losing my hair, i was around 17-18 when i started to receed and now im at a Norwood III or IV and it does suck, i choose to wear my hair long and cover the parts which i just manage to do now and im on meds of course to slow the process. I dont think a HT is impossible for young people i just think its not advised as your never sure which way it can go, i've taken a lot of advice of this site and its a great forum for help so you came to the right place.

Im booked in for my first HT at the end of Feb and im pretty nervous but also glad im doing something about it, im 22 and considered young to have a HT but i know ive chosen the right doctor for the job. Your best bet is to get on the Meds and then see how things go from there.

Yeah, going bald while young is traumatic.

But, remember, a chick that is more interested in the looks than in the person is very probably not worth one's time.

Also, having a healthy lifestyle: eating varied food(following the nutritional pyramid), physically exercising every day or at least every other day, and taking the sun, will maintain a healthy appearance and mind state.

If you are side-effects free, finasteride and minoxidil can help stop your hair-loss, and today's hair transplants are incomparable to the 1980/90's ineffective transplants, if you visit the correct surgeon, that is.

So hope is not lost. And all those bi*·hes that reject you because of your baldness can go stick a pile of Vaselined hairline up their ↓ss!

Edited by gasto

• 1 month later...

I hear ya

At 23, my hair started to fall ( which means it probably was doing so for years). Hats were next and by the time I was 25 I was using concealer regularly.

It certainly puts a damper on your "youth". The good news is at 43 now, I have more hair than I did 20 years ago

Those days are over!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 5 weeks later...
I started balding when i was around 17, my face didn't even look like what it looks like today at 26. When i was around 20 i was a NW3 and i still got lots of looks and phone calls from random girls.

Being considered attractive and loosing your hear is complete ****. I can't imagine nothing worse happening to a young guy interested in girls. I would probably choose being *** ***** every week for a year in exchange for having a great head of hair.... it really RUINS your life at this age. To think that this one factor is the only factor affecting you so much and your chances with girls is too much to bare. If i had never had any attention from girls at all and would be considered below average or average looking, at least i could be comforted by the thought that i wouldn't have THAT much going for me anyway.

You young attractive guys (except for your hair) ..... what the h*** can we do?? Is there really NOTHING we can do that is really viable? Hair transplants and hairpieces are pretty much out of the question at our age. I really can't believe that in the year 2010, there is no hope!!

Hello Mate; I can empathize with the issues surrounding being young and bald. There are great options for young men so don't rule out the incredible advances in hair transplants and other hair restoration techniques. If you have not done so seek out a top rate physician as recommended on this website; such as the doctor I have the honour of working for.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Just adding to this topic. I am now 23 years old but i started experiencing major hairloss during my second year in University when i was 20 years old. I strongly agree with the fact that it has changed my view on life in general. Additionally to successfully finishing my degree, I feel that I have become a much less materialistic person.

Back in highscool, I used to be the life of the party, was in several relationships and overall had a blast. Looking back now, I would have probably never completed university if it wasn't for my hairloss. So in some way, I think all things happen for a reason.

Looking forward, I am looking to get a hair transplant not because I feel pressured by society, but because I think having my hair back will make me feel so much better about who I am and what I stand for.

I am currently looking to have a FUE in Canada. I am hoping to see Dr.Hasson but I am not sure what the minimum age requirement is for the particular doctor.

Any comments or advice would be very much appreciated

Cheers

If you want fue in Canada, then Dr Rahal would spring to mind.

Hasson&Wong or Rahal in Canada for strip, you should be more than satisified as they are two of the best around.

Cam Simmons is also good as well.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am also 23 (seems to be a common age) and expericing thinning hairline. But I blame my recklessness of bleaching my hair with peroxide which totally destroyed my hairline and made me look like I am 33 lol.

I dont really mind the hairloss but it PISSES ME OFF when people stare at my baldspot when we are talking face to face. I think that is the worst thing somebody can do. Who would agree?

• 5 months later...

There is more to a man than just his hair. While I have no clue to the emotional toll you are personally enduring, I can only tell you of the experiences from my patients. I did have a young guy who was not a candidate for hair restoration because of his expectations and poor donor area at a young age. I did convince him to either try a hair piece or shave it off. He did shave it off. While at first it was hard to get used to, eventually he did as well as the rest of his friends and even girlfriends. he is happy and dating now and it is not because of is hair, but rather his unique personality that makes hiim. On the other hand, I have had young patients that were not candidates for hair transplantation go to a hair system and they are very happy. As ws mentioned, you need to decide what is in your best interest. Give it a try and if it doesnt work for you try something else.

Hello Moeyk

Dr. Mejia offers clear and sound advice. You alone can determine what is best for you by being professionally informed on all your option. And yes you are far more than the hair or lack of hair on your head. All the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

There is more to a man than just his hair. While I have no clue to the emotional toll you are personally enduring, I can only tell you of the experiences from my patients. I did have a young guy who was not a candidate for hair restoration because of his expectations and poor donor area at a young age. I did convince him to either try a hair piece or shave it off. He did shave it off. While at first it was hard to get used to, eventually he did as well as the rest of his friends and even girlfriends. he is happy and dating now and it is not because of is hair, but rather his unique personality that makes hiim. On the other hand, I have had young patients that were not candidates for hair transplantation go to a hair system and they are very happy. As ws mentioned, you need to decide what is in your best interest. Give it a try and if it doesnt work for you try something else.

the problem with hair systems is that they seriously feck up your existing hair in the area where you place them, and it will seriously increase the rate of balding. i see a lot of blogs of people who have had HTs, people who used to wear systems, and they often have very strange circular bald spots on their heads. this has to be because of the system usage.