6 month update with FUE Neograft (Dr. Bauman)

k10

At this point I am sure most of you know my story. I just wanted to give an update on my last procedure I had with Dr. Bauman, it was a FUE NEOGRAFT procedure. I have been taking pics and here are my six month results. I wish I had my own pre op photos but I don't, I will just use Dr. Bauman's pre op pics.

At this point I am not sure if I have had any growth, I still feel thin up front and I can not tell the difference between my pre op or six month post op photos.

My 4th HT I received 1500 grafts for $20,000 and 751 single grafts for $7,510 on 11-18-2009 according to my invoice, I did 4 hyperbaric chambers and the total cost of my invoice was $28,530.62.

5b32c93102119_NK_2009(preop).jpg.68ce9e2c4a449c9b7ed0c5c227eeb0a6.jpg

5b32c9311a840_day2HT4.JPG.4ab93036b38e459e1f07fbedf2b0ddf3.JPG

5b32c93126d87_day2HT4.JPG.9513c2994f0d4061671b8ff981c1d1c9.JPG

5b32c93133031_1month.jpg.ba389c3ff5983b7982e9d8dacb1a0479.jpg

5b32c93149f17_2monthsafterHT2.JPG.ff804a2bcc830f2d37883f41db51c9cc.JPG

5b32c93160124_month3.jpg.58de9d7105ffef3c2dc2b7066492a59a.jpg

5b32c931777ea_month4.jpg.0c2d49a719c96c89b4c934dba25155b5.jpg

5b32c931ece14_month5.jpg.7cfc8109822519c02a2eefa42a211301.jpg

5b32c9320fc44_month6.jpg.4aa25748a934a769adcaac2145f33efe.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg.620bddcac135ce7a09df5e60e6af7198.jpg

k10,

As TC17 pointed out, at six months, your result is not fully developed. It's slightly difficult to judge at this point, and I wouldn't make any harsh judgments yet. However, thank you for sharing these updates. Also, you should look into creating a hair loss blog and social profile. It may help tell you story and allow other members to track your progress. I wish you the best of luck! Please keep us updated.

edit: I just noticed you have updated your profile and photographs!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

$28K for 2,251 grafts!? WOW

It's tough to judge from your pics, but I can't see any improvement either. It's only 6 months so don't hit the panic button yet. But, if you can't see results in a few more months time I'd suggest you ask for a refund. Don't think Bauman would grant you one from what I've read about him on this forum, but it certainly can't hurt to try.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

All you can do is wait the 12-18 months, after which if you still have no results, polity ask for your money back. Your heads in a worse state now than it was pre HT, and your thousands of dollars down. The only winner here is Bauman, and its not fair mate.

My 4th HT I received 1500 grafts for $20,000 and 751 single grafts for $7,510 on 11-18-2009 according to my invoice, I did 4 hyperbaric chambers and the total cost of my invoice was $28,530.62.

I know FUE is a more time intensive procedure, but the cost here sounds pretty outrageous to me!

Is this in line with pricing others have seen for a similar procedure from recommeded docs?

Anyone?

Panama Jimmy

No these prices are not in line with any other fue docs, and neograft bashes the grafts up killing a lot of them. Imagine going down a very twisty waterside, bumping all the way down, thats what would be happening to your grafts using this silly device.

PanamaJimmy,

From what I gather, FUE performed by physicians using the Neograft system is generally more expensive. The reasoning behind this? I'm unsure.

Tsakalos,

The Neograft is a new FUE (follicular unit extraction) tool. You can read differing opinions and information regarding the device in this thread - "Neograft the revolutionary patented hair transplant machine. "

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

$28K for 2,251 grafts!? WOW

It's tough to judge from your pics, but I can't see any improvement either. It's only 6 months so don't hit the panic button yet. But, if you can't see results in a few more months time I'd suggest you ask for a refund. Don't think Bauman would grant you one from what I've read about him on this forum, but it certainly can't hurt to try.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

thanks for the feedback, I have no choice but to wait to see if the grafts ever grow in but I am not holding my breath. I actually think I am a bit thinner up front then when I started. I will not ask Dr. Bauman directly for a refund because I do not want to be accused of extorting money, I don't want him turning this around on me.

PanamaJimmy,

From what I gather, FUE performed by physicians using the Neograft system is generally more expensive. The reasoning behind this? I'm unsure.

Tsakalos,

The Neograft is a new FUE (follicular unit extraction) tool. You can read differing opinions and information regarding the device in this thread - "Neograft the revolutionary patented hair transplant machine. "

thx .

So what will you do if your not going to ask him for a refund? Possibly ask him to pay for another surgeon to try to rectify this?[/QUOTe]

I will not have another procedure done by Dr. Bauman even if it is free. At this point he has taken 3 strips and over 7500 grafts, if I have any donor grafts left I need to treasure them and go to the best possible doctor available to make sure I don't waste them. I need to fill in the front and see if there is anything I can do to somewhat cover the scars. I also need to make sure I have enough donor hair for possible future hair loss. When I have free time I will do consultations and see what if any options I have.

K10,

Please keep us updated with your progress and any news regarding future consultations!

hello k10..for that kind of money i would want a full head of hair,a face lift,laser eye surgery,a penis enlargement and of course the brain surgery i desperately need.i sincerely hope you get maximum growth from your procedures and if i were you i would definately hound bauman for money [if your not happy with the results]so you can pay to have a ht repair by a quality doc...all the best and have a nice day

Edited by 1966kph

• 7 months later...

wow...28 thosuand dollars...holy cow....well wait 6 more months but if nothing changes you need to do demand a refund...no questions asked....any doctor worth getting a procedure done with usually has the growth guarantee....if any grafts do not grow they are replaced for or money back

Well, I'm also dumbfounded by the cost. That is way way way over priced. And the sad thing is that I wouldn't let me do surgery on me even if he paid me that kind of money.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 years later...