Today is a big day for me and my final decision goes to Dr. Mohebi

Bruce65

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share with you guys some of my experiences that I had by visiting different Hair transplant surgeons in Southern California and the reasons why I chose Dr. Parsa Mohebi.

It's been almost 2 years that I started thinking to have a hair transplant but it was only during the last 8 months that I became serious about it. So I started gathering information about the HT on the Internet and of course the best web site I could find was this one (Coalition Surgeons).

I went through different blogs and forums and I read people's feedback about different surgeons all over the world and based on their experiences and the quality of their work I decided to go and visit some of them. Since I did not want to travel too far or overseas I narrowed down my selection to surgeons in Southern California and below is the list of the surgeons I went to:

- Dr Bill Reed (San Diego)

- Dr Kenneth Siporin (Los Angeles)

- Dr Meshkin (Los Angeles)

- Dr Parsa Mohebi (Los Angeles)

- Dr Brandon Ross (San Diego)

Some of my consultations lasted more than 45 minutes and some other less than 20 minutes and the price range was around 3-5 dollars/FU.

In overall I found the quality of all these surgeons amazing as far as the hair transplant and the way they cut and suture the donor zone.

However I also noticed that some of them really perform an artistic job specially on the hairline so you can barely detect that the person had a hair transplant. I really liked Dr. Ross, Dr. Reed and specially Dr. Mohebi for their fine and artistic work and I remember as Dr. Mohebi said if someone asks you did you have a hair transplant?" that's already a bad sign ?????  and that means that your HT wasn't a success.

My consultation with Dr. Mohebi went on for more than one hour. He answered all my questions, consult my hair characteristics, my scalp laxity and the techniques he is using. My first experience was great and I don't know somehow I felt very confident about him and the quality of his work. However I kept doing more research on Dr. Mohebi since he is pretty new on this network and I was able to get very good and positive recommendations from Dr. Rassman's office.

My hair loss is almost like this person who had a HT by Dr. Mohebi and as you can see on this picture, the quality of his work is very fine and artistic

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...921071973#7921071973

Here is also another blog about Dr. Mohebi

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopi...1044183&f=2091043751

So today is a big day for me and I took one of the most important decisions in my life and decided to have my hair transplant with Dr. Mohebi. Why is it so important to me? This because every single and remaining hair on my head counts and I want to have a surgeon who can use and transplant them in a professional and artistic way. Of course such professional work requires an adequate budget.

I will be having my surgery on July 3rd for 3500 FUs and of course I will post pre/pro-surgery photos including the donor area.

Bruce

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that he is been pretty busy with new patients such as me and I am sure he will publish these pictures in a few months on his web site.

Anyway you can count on me to keep you updated with the progress of his work on my head. I will upload photos and my comments on a regular basis.

Bruce,

Are you saying you went from that pic you posted previously to a head similar to this guy, in a couple of years? Surely I've misread this?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Bruce,

It's obvious you've put a lot of time into consulting with physicians.

Dr. Mohebi could indeed be an upcoming rising star and his work looks solid. I have yet to see any of his grown out results so I am basing this solely on Pat's visitation, an immediately postoperative photo set, and what I've learned about his experience, techniques, and philosophies by interviewing him.

Just be sure you have seen a number of grown out results for any surgeon you are considering - consistency is key.

I hope you'll share your photos with us by creating a hair loss weblog.

Best wishes,

Bill

I know that he is been pretty busy with new patients such as me and I am sure he will publish these pictures in a few months on his web site.

I hope so but what I was asking is have YOU seen any grown out pics .

If not I would consider someone else because that tells me his talk convinced you. I dont care if my surgeon was a mute as long as he showed me 80 grownout pics that really impressed me.

Dont be a guinnea pig.

Thats why I picked Shapiro and none of the other 5 doctors I went to .They had tons of pics for me to review plus an outstanding reputation

Bruce,

One of the main keys in researching a HT Doc is consistency with regards to patient results and overall patient "happiness"

The existence of consistent patient feedback is of great importance as well.

This site promotes several docs in the California region, as well as Hasson and Wong in Vancouver and Dr. Gabel in Washington..

Dr. Rassman and Dr. Reed are both Coalition Members who have the solid history I mentioned.

I think you should hold-off and consult with a couple of other Docs, Bruce.

You mentioned this is a HUGE decision for you, but you do not want to travel to far---geography should never be a factor for such a huge decision.

I apologize that you haven't been more aggressively couseled to do more research---give yourself an opportunity to be blown away by clinics who consistently do such work.

If you have been researching for 8 months you should know that choosing a HT doc can be both lifechanging positively or disastrously, which is why I believe you should do more research.

As a patient 2X over (soon to be 3X!) I want you to make sure your doing your best to make the right decision---- I see too many who make the wrong decision.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Dewayne, Yes you are right. The picture hat you saw is when I was 27 years old and now I am almost 43, and lost most on my hair on the crown and the hairline. I will post some more recent pictures so you can see the difference. BTW, I see that Dr. Cooley did a great job by repairing your hairline. Congratulations

"Please Grow Please" I don't intend to be a guinea pig or anything like that and of course I did not choose Dr Mohebi blindly. I also asked the same questions that everyone is asking when it comes to his patient portfolio and his experience. But all I know is that he is not someone who is just starting in this business. He has been involved in different research and is performing the latest hair transplant technology on his patients. He ??s done also some interesting studies on the psychology of the hair loss and of course he has worked with one of the most reputed hair transplant surgeon Dr Rassman.

We can have a long debate on the importance of the surgeon experience and number of years in practice but personally I don't think that someone with long years of experiences makes necessary a better doctor or surgeon. This doesn't only apply to HT surgeons but to any surgeons (Orthopedists, dentists, etc.)

I personally prefer to go with someone who has experience (not necessary too many years) and is aware of the latest technology in his field and knows what he is talking about.

To be honest during my consultations I heard some negative comments from some of the surgeons about their competitors and I didn't like that at all and that was a turn off for me. During my 2 visits with Dr. Mohebi I never heard him saying anything bad about his competitors or trying to put them down. He talked about them by explaining their work and what technique they use on their patients compared to his own technique.

The bottom line is that I found in him the honesty , integrity and professionalism that a good surgeon needs to have. All these qualities in him made me even more to believe in him and his work and I am 100% confident that my operation will be a total success.

Jason,

I forgot to mention that I also consulted Dr. Hasson & wong through email and I was in contact with Doug who works there but unfortunately they were too expensive for me even though the quality of their work is incredibly amazing.

Bruce

• Administrators

Bruce65,

Welcome to our community. I'm glad that this community has been helpful to you. I think you chose to consult with some excellent physicians.

I have had the privilege of seeing all of them perform surgery and I think they are all good choices. You have the good fortune of having many excellent choices.

Some of these physicians are formally recommended by this community and others like Dr. Ross and Dr. Mohebi are seriously being considered for recommendation in the future.

I think you will do just great with Dr. Mohebi. But I have not presented him to this community for formal recommendation yet since he does not have access to his past before and after photos to present publicly. But in time, I expect he will present many impressive photos (maybe even yours :-) and will win the respect of this community and be formally approved for recommendation.

To see the highlights from my tour of clinic in Southern California, including Dr. Mohebi's office, click here.

Typically everyone is more comfortable going to those physicians who have provided demonstrated and consistent results over the years on this community. That's human nature and it's also required before new doctors can earn their stripes.

Keep us posted on your surgery and do consider creating your own patient weblog to document your hair restoration journey and get feedback and support from our members.

Best wishes for a great result, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Well I geuss I dont understand your logic.

honesty , integrity and professionalism should be behind way behind PICS PICS PICS PICS Not once have you said you saw final results pics . Ask ANYONE on here .That should be the FIRST part of your decision. Otherwise your someone he practices on . Like J said Good luck. You said you did your research we will soon see.

Hopefully hes a hidden gem and not a smooth talker

"To be honest during my consultations I heard some negative comments from some of the surgeons about their competitors that I didn't like that at all and that was a turn off for me. During my 2 visits with Dr. Mogebi I never heard him saying anything bad about his competitors or trying to put them down. He talked about them by explaining their work and what technique they use on their patients compared to his own technique."

I am glad you found a physician that fits your needs. You were talking about Dr. Mohebis" integrity and honestly", we just operated on a patient that had a consult with Dr. Mohebi and he was telling us that Dr. Mohebi had as you put it" explained our work and our technique and compared it to his technique". To be honest he has never been to our clinic and or talked to any of us. So I do not know how he could have possibly known anything about our technique in detail may be you can ask him and let us all know.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Meshkin who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

I wish you the best of luck

I just cannot understand why someone would risk an hairtransplants with a doctor who didnt have the pics or documented comments from people on the site. Of course, he may be a great doc but from everything we hear on here about botched surgeries, call me a pessimist.. Too many great docs on here to go somewhere else

You only have one head ( and limited donor area)

GOOD LUCK !!!! Our thoughts are with you and we look forward to your pics being sesnational!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Dear Ana,

How do you think people get educated and learn about different surgeons? They do their own search though different means such as Internet by looking at the physician's web site, read forums such as this one and others and of course look at the details of the work performed on the patient and the final outcome.

I am curious to know if your boss (Dr. Meshkin) has gone to visit Dr. Mohebi or other surgeons to learn about their work and how they operate?

The great thing about this forum is that there are active and dedicated people such as Pat and Bill who have been in constant contact with different surgeons and saw how they perform on their patients and share their thoughts and recommendations with all of us.

I don't know why some people in this forum keeps trying to discourage me and make me change my decision? I am not sure if they work for some specific surgeons like Ana or not but I think these new surgeons such as Dr. Roos and Mohebi have the required expertise and talents to become famous and share a part of the pie.

Thanks for those who have been encouraging me so far or had some concerns but when you believe strongly in something or someone you will get the expected outcome.

GO Ross, GO Mohebi, GO Obama icon_smile.gif

Yes it's time for change

Bruce

I recently went to Dr Feller for a transplant, and initially as i am UK based was looking at surgeons local to me. However having been on this site for research, i found that the guys on here are on YOUR side!! in that they despite all probably having favourite surgeons, are genuinely interested in you getting unbiased advice.

I must agree with them on the point of seeing grown out pictures at 6 months to a year!! because in 2 of my consultations the surgeons/advisers seemed very professional and competent, however they had a noticeable lack of after photo's!! and you have to ask why?

But ultimately you pay your money and takes your choice!! I do however feel strongly that if money is a reason for not chosing a top doc, then just put off for 6 months and save up!!!

As stated you only have so many follicles spare, and you can't get them back if they are wasted!!

Good luck in your procedure!!

All the best

Clive.

I do not think anyone is trying to change your decision. Personally, I would not want to risk trying a new surgeon just based on percentages of chance. With "new-ness" comes uncertainty and uncertainty is not something I am comfortable with hair transplantation.

I dont work for anyone , my opinion is based on the 4 years I have been involved with hair transplantation, having 3 procedures, and listening to the hundreds of people devestated after having poor procedures. I havent nothing against Dr. Mohebi or any "new doctor" just a higher level of confidence in doctors who you hear ( and see) repeating successes. Many of the poor doctors possess and high level of professionalism until you see their results. If you are on this site enough, no doubt you would agree.

At the end of the day, certainly it is your call and I hope everything goes 100% to what you expect. No doubt everyone is on your side.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

You sure you dont work for HIM icon_wink.gif

Anyway I live in Illinois so I could really care less who you go to but I was just trying to give you some advice.

Even the publisher of this community isnt ready to accept his membership ,why NOOOOOOOOOO FRICKIN PICS.

Ive seen so many guys not truly do there research and end up saying the SAME things you do about the help we were try to get to sink in and what do you all have in common they never report their final results.

Most recently a pai patient .Bet you any money in 12 months he wont post unless its under a different name asking repair questions.

It your life and your money . I do wish you luck cause your gonna need it.

Hi Bruce,

Over the past twenty years, Dr. Meshkin has been involved with ISHRS and has gone to most of the live surgery workshops. He takes pride in the fact that he has visited the offices of most experienced and well known hairtransplant doctors in the business for the purpose of refining his procedures. He has been at the forefront of the new innovations in the hairtransplant surgery and therefore consistantly performs the most natural hairtransplantations for both men and women. However, we donot compare and contrast our technique with the clinics that we have not visited or donot know anything about.

Th fact that you chose to go with someone new is your choice and we all wish you good luck.

I am a patient adviser for Mike meshkin.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Meshkin who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

You sure you dont work for HIM Wink

PGP if I was working for HIM or any other surgeons to promote their business, I woudn't have published my photos on this site and would have stayed incognito like some of people on this site.

However I thank you all for your advices and concerns and I will keep doing additional research.

Bruce

Bruce,

It is only natural for patient members to recommend physicians that have proven themselves over the years to be highly consistent and highly visible online.

I also feel that our members aren't trying to discourage you, but help you based on what they have learned for themselves. Pat and I continue to speak to and learn about new surgeons all the time, many of which have little to no online visibility. We have seen the best and worst of hair transplants, many of which have yet to make it online.

Dr. Mohebi has only recently gone out on his own so he doesn't have any of his own final results to present at this time. However, Pat did see photos of some of his results when he worked with another clinic. I have not seen these photos but have been in touch with him since December, 2007 learning about his practice, experience, and techniques. From what I have learned and seen so far, his works looks very promising

I trust in the coming months that we will see a lot more from Dr. Mohebi and then strongly consider him for recommendation once we've seen some grown out results.

In the meantime, rememember that everyone is trying to help you given what they've learned over time. You can take all this information in and then effectively make your own decision icon_smile.gif.

Best wishes,

Bill

To complete my homework and have a peace of mind for my surgery, I shared some of people's concern on this forum with Dr Mohebi about my surgery and his experience.

He kindly invited me to go back to his office to see some of his patients's pictures with grown out hair and also to attend a surgery he was performing.

I did not attend the surgery from the beginning and didn't really want to do that but when I arrived Dr. Mohebi has finished his work and all tiny incisions were already finished and the technicians we planting the follicles on the patient's scalp.

He took a few minutes to show me some of his patients pictures (whom authorized him to show & share ) before and after surgery and then we went to see the person who was having the HT surgery and just by looking at the job performed on that person and asking him a few questions I was 100% sure that make the right decision and I will be in good hands.

This is not often that a surgeon invites you to attend a surgery but he wanted to make sure that I feel completely comfortable about the whole operation without any doubts in my mind.

To even make sure I have done my homework 100%, I also sent an email a few days back to Dr. Rassman to get some recommendations from him and see what is his opinion about Dr Mohebi since he performed hundreds of HT in his clinic. I am hoping that he will answer to my email so I can share it with everyone. (I have some doubt that he will answer since Dr. Mohebi is now a competitor but who knows, let's be positive and patient and see what will happen. If he does not reply my email, I will try to call his office and see if I can get any information)

I think this is very important that you feel confident about the surgeon you choose to go with. I don't know why & how but from the first day I met Dr. Mohebi I had this connection and the feeling that he will be the surgeon I will go with and after checking some other surgeons I stood on my position and I am more than ever decided to go with him.

Thanks

Bruce.

This is not often that a surgeon invites you to attend a surgery but he wanted to make sure that I feel completely comfortable about the whole operation without any doubts in my mind.

Happens all the time .

I also felt comfortable with Nuhart.

Anyway I wish you luck with the growth the scar the aftercare and your life. Its a good thing you did your research cause even an average transplant is an EXTREME lifetime buzzkill.

Look forward to your pics

Firstly, not seeing several grown-out patient results in pictures and more importantly in person means you did not do your homework. there are two main reasons to pick an ht doc:

#1)seeing plenty of amazing grown out patient results

#2)reputation

this doc has thus far failed in establishing both.

i also felt like i had a good personal bond with my first ht doc. he "sold" me on his personality and established a level of trust and professionalism. boy was i naive and in the end i had to go to a "top" doctor to get the work done properly. i also had to end up trying to sue the guy which is when i quickly saw his personality change from nice understanding guy to complete a-hole.

looking at this doc's patient pics you provided i have to say i'm not impressed. his incisions sizes look very large.

the bottom line is that with an ht you really want to get it done right the first time. there are plenty of docs you can gamble with--they might be less expensive and there is a shot you can get a good result. but as already stated, gambling with precious grafts is not advisable as the donor supply is finite.

regarding people on this forum trying to change your mind: god i wish i had found this site and that i had received the advice you've gotten prior to my first ht. go back and really read with an open mind what has been said here, and whatever you decide i wish you nothing but the best results possible.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com