Dr. Umar - 5300 FUE and BHT

Taz

Hello All,

Just about time for my 3 month update.. Here are the updated pictures.. FYI, I have 'trimmed' the top just a bit, to keep everything even, but that is about all.. Comments welcome!

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good for three months man. I've read a lot on this forum that it is not uncommon to see NO signs of growth at only 3 months, so impressive progress. I had a little at 3, but mostly due to the fact that a small number of grafts were never shed. I wish I had uploaded larger photos like these (well, next time). Old-school ECW fan, thus "Taz" with one z?

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Taz-

Thanks for sharing the updates. It looks like things are starting to come in for you.........I'll be you're exited icon_smile.gif!

I think all of us have questions about BHT so it's great that your keeping us posted on your progress. I'll be anxious to see what things look like for you in a few months.

Peace..

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Because body hair cycles differently than scalp hair--- many BHT patients experience almost immediate growth in a large portion of their grafts.

I think this is the case with Taz.

Anyway, I hope you keep sharing your updates with us Taz.

One of the main reasons I dislike BHT is that we only see a few patients here and there who post a bit and then fade away.

In addition, with Dr.s like Umar supposedly performing successful BHT transplants during the past few years we should be seeing more patients.....period.

On a postive note--- I have been very interested in the use of Body Hair as a replenishment for the donor region.

I am not talking about FIT farming--- rather those who wish to thicken a thin donor region after transplanting their maximum number of grafts.

I would think that the BH grafts would stay 1/2 inch long but be disguised by the larger and longer scalp hair.

I think this is good use for body hair at this time.

Thanks Again Taz, talk to you soon.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I am excited now to see things progressing, and can't wait for the next couple months.. icon_smile.gif

youngsuccess: I never thought about the ECW link.. Taz was a nickname I picked up in football. lol

I will keep on posting monthly ( approx ).. icon_smile.gif

Thanks Bay, but I want to make one clarification.. 1300 of the transplanted graphs were from head hair ( FUE ), and the rest was all BHT.. I've been told that pretty much everything you see is most likely the BHT hair, as it is pretty early for the head hair to be growing to much.. The whole front and hair line for sure is all BHT, and the head hair is inter-mixed a bit further back. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again!

Taz

• Moderators

Because of depleted donor area and horrible results from an old transplant, I'm now looking into BHT myself. Anyone know any docs doing these in the NJ area? I'd consider FL around the Orlando area as well since I'm planning on going there for a week or 2 in November.

Your results so far are certainly encouraging. I'm thinking of doing only around 700 to 800 to see how it goes. I'm afraid to do more at first because I don't want to ruin what I already have.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!

Time for the 4 month update.. I did not trim any of the hair this month, I just let it grow out to get a good feel of the amount of growth just from 1 month. Also, the pics were taken right after my morning shower, but I had dried my hair/chest. I wanted to get some closeups of the chest extraction points to show the current healing process.

Again, if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Taz

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

04-11arial004.jpg

Hi Taz,

Thanks for the update, looks like they continue to fill in for you. Judging by the number of incisions i saw in your post op pics, you should have much more growth to come. Keep sharing your updates.....happy growing to you icon_cool.gif.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Bill:

Taz,

Thanks for the update buddy. I can definitely see a difference between month 3 and 4. It's good to see those little guys growing isn't it? With 5300 transplanted grafts, you should have a lot more growth...hopefully everything works out for you! Please keep us posted!

Bill

It is a very good feeling to see them growing! It is tough to see a day-to-day difference, but month to month, there is a difference in overall density and length.. My wife has me talked into not trimming the hair anymore, and see how long it grows.. We'll see how long that lasts.. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the comments!

Taz

Taz,

Good luck continuing to grow it. I know for me, I couldn't stand it in early stages because I end up having hairs all different lengths...so I'd end up clipping it to maintain even length! But if your wife likes it and you can stand it...more power to ya icon_wink.gif.

Please keep us posted...I follow your case with great interest!

Bill

Yeah,

Looks really good, very impressive.. I would proabably get a trim myself

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
Originally posted by omar77:

just wondering how it went?

probably not good icon_rolleyes.gif

probably right, considering taz was so helpfull early on. and then vanished..i remember this time period(mid '06) over on HLH, before i found this place... umars BHT threads were being deleted and his reputation was crap... then he hit the youtube vids HARD, backed away from the outlandish BHT claims and with some well placed, tho easy to spot 'cheerleaders' he was able to rebuilt his name and reputation..... he had to lay low for a good while tho. TRUST ME. and let people forget about the damage he caused to quite a few guys, while claiming a BHT/FUE combo would allow FULL RESORATION on any NW7.. i very much remember his old reputation, im getting old i guess. sadly guys like taz were test dummies MUCH LIKE THE GUYS ARMANI WAS SCREWIN BY CLAIMING FUE MEGASESSINS WERE A VIABLE OPTION.... both tried to stretch the envelope and both did more harm than good IMO

this post is blunt, i know. but quite true.. icon_redface.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

I'd like to know the final result as well.

However, in my docs defense, Umar has some of the best BHT cases I have ever seen.

Also, Umar suffered from a poor ht himself. I can't imagine him going out there and giving

Abe

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

abe-- no disrespect but i would bet the great BHT cases are all REPAIR cases... and i agree there are a coulpe that can be considered big successes but only given how bad off they were going in.... UMAR stretched the envelope on regular virgin scalp guys, just like taz, and you will be hard pressed to find ANY OF THEM... they are all in bad shape and more than likely seeking help... i know of one case that i learned about where the guy was so badly damaged he had to seek phycological help as well....

please understand im not referring to YOUR case or regular FUE cases like yours, by dr. umar.. frankly i have not seen enough to judge one way or the other.. and believe me i do NOT think you will have the issues taz MORE THAN LIKELY has.... you recieved a different procedure all together.

There seems to be an assumption that not posting follow ups means the end result was poor.

If he vanishes and never provides a single update, dont assume his results were poor, they could have been excellent. And it seems if they were he would be LESS likely to spend time on a forum like this one than if his results were poor.

I dont see or hear many of Dr. Umar's patients complaining about their results. I'd say that is a sign that most all of them are happy with their look. And I've seen some excellent results on his FUE work, as he has the video, which is much better than pictures in documenting his results.

How can one assume the results are bad and thats why hes gone?

There could be a million reasons, not the least of which, hes happy? has a great head of hair and doesn't wanna spend time on some forum about hair, since its not a worry to him anymore?

Besides, im pretty sure i've seen his final results on hairsite.com, and they seem to be great.

LMS, thanks for the hair-forum history lesson....the "good" ol' days....icon_smile.gif

Anyways, an important distinction that needs to be made regarding "disappearances", specific to this case, but generally speaking, as well, is this: "good" results often lead to posters disappearing, but this is after their result has come in and the said "goodness" has actually been shown in some way, to some degree. Even if it's simply lip service.

It's extremely dubious when an eager, pro-active patient is diligently documenting their journey and then pull a Houdini. It is even more dubious when the cases themselves are rather dubious, as well. And, the two go hand in hand in my experience, and I'm sure many others.

It's a shame, as we are left to conjecture on already infirm ground, but such things really only heighten a healthy skepticism and caution. Having more questions than answers is never a good thing, and, unfortunately, as patients we are often left in this position.

*not a knock on the poster, or any other such poster, as much as it is the docs themselves who carry the burden but then hurl it onto patients' backs

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

.... at the risk of touching more nerves and upsetting more people ill not post anymore on the subject after this...

one last time id like to state i never brought into question dr umars REGULAR FUE results, or skill... only that me being a part of the online forums for a good while now ive seen PLENTY, ive read all the past threads, i followed BHT sessions like taz's for a good while..

if the results werent terrible WAY more often then not(infact ive not seen one natural looking BHT result. not even the successful repairs) then we would all be seeing proof of it today

severe repair cases or a patient dead set on surgury and will do ANYTHING to have hair even if its unnatural looking, AND hes out of head donor.. should MAYBE consider BHT like this....

on a regular virgin scalp trying a procedure like this just doesnt work. it does not look good and id love to see accurate truthful pics of taz, so if you have seen them somewhere send me a link. or post here and we can ALL be the judge..

i know umar is some of your guys DR. but you just cant defend THIS type of procedure,not now. not after how it turned out for the vast majority of them... ONE LAST TIME... this is not the procedure abe and hairJ had. AND IM NOT ATTEMPTING TO DRAW ANY COMPARISIONS BETWEEN THE TWO.

one last thing before i part from this topic.. the whole "HE STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE HE IS SUPER DUPER HAPPY AND FORGOT ALL ABOUT US BECAUSE HES SO HAIRY NOW" excuse IS JUST DOWN RIGHT STUPID IN THIS CASE.. THE LAST TIME I SAW THAT CRAP WAS WHEN THE ARMANI CHEERLEADERS AND THEIR FAITHFUL LEADER PATS205 were using that garbage as an attempt to hide the FACTS. it was a cop out then and its a cop out in this case...

can a happy patient leave the forums and stop posting?? yes they can, but its QUITE easy IMO to tell when thats the case and when it is CLEARLY NOT the case..... for instance when someone is undergoing a RISKY UNPROVEN PROCEDURE USING 5300 CHEST/LEG/head HAIRS IN AN ATTEMPT TO GAIN COVERAGE AND DENSITY ON TOP OF THEIR ENTIRE HEAD.. i remember reading a BHT thread of umars what was supposed to be 10,000 plus grafts from all over the body and head... gee guys, im sure hes probably super duper THRILLED too! and thats why we never saw his end result either...

its awful difficult to argue against truth... thats why its so easy for me to write about this topic... im LOADED with it.icon_smile.gif

we dont see NEW cases like this being posed anymore for OBV reasons people and it aint because those before them were super duper happy. you can bet the farm on that.

I don't think anybody has said that BHT is equal to head hair. But, a case does come to mind, granted it is a small 600 BHT. I believe sofarsogood had great results with leg hair transplanted to his hairline.

So, I agree its likely this guy pulled a houdini. But, BHT is not a perfect science. I do think for those people who really want hair, there have been some decent results using BHT to creat the the illusion of hair.

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website