12 months post op pics

troy

I just posted 8 month post op pics. I cant tell much of a difference from about 5 months post op to now. I went through a late shedding, im not sure what that was about. At 8 months they say i could have 4 more months of improvement so we will see. I will keep a good journal and we will let the pictures tell the story.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Troy

How long is your hair in the 8 month pics and what did the doc say your total density is on top? I can see a positive difference between your 5 month pics and 8 months. I'll be interested to see your progress in the coming months.

slick, I cut it to a number 7, normally I cut it to a number 8 on top Ive tried to keep my hair the same length for the sake of documenting my results. They thought my density would be somewhere around 35cm2-40cm2. Ill go in in the next couple months and see what they think. I am approaching this like a science project and trying to document my progress the most accurate I can. I have heard many say you can have big improvemnets between 8-12 months, I will take pics every month and we will see.

Troy, I appreciate the steady updates on your progress. I have a similar pattern of thinning hair so I have always looked forward to seeing the new photos. You estimate around 35 - 40 cm2 currently, what do you think you were pre surgery? Also did the doctor use the new closure technique where the hair grows through the scar? Anyway everything looks great, congratulations.

I would guess I was 10-15cm2 in the temples and and on the bridge behind the hairline. Things we discussed in my consultation was shockloss, at that time they (Shapiro, Matt) could do 20-25cm2 without having much shockloss. And I didnt have to shave my head. I am only guessing on my density. After I go back and talk with Shapiro I will have a better insight on my density. Yes Dr Rose did use the Tri-closure technique on me. you can see a line when I look way down, I tried to show that in one of my pics , but its hard to get it backwards looking down in the mirror, lol. from looking at me from behind you cant see the scar when i cut my hair to a number 3. I havent tried to go shorter because I am tall( 6'2) so I think the scar would be visable for most who look up at me. After the one year mark and I have documented my progress, I will let my hair grow out a bit and the scar wont show at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny story, I was thinking about I will be coming up on 10 months post op and counted the months, actually it will be 9 months, lol. How do I change my heading from almost 7 months, I wanted to update it in a few days with some new pictures, that will be 9 months post op.

Troy,

Looks as if it simply grew in...looks great!

Thanks for doing the "wet" shots; it highlights the exact match of your transplant to the density of your original hair.

I'm sure you're enthused about the months to come!

Benjamin

Troy, looks great my friend, I and many others here know how you felt and certainly how you feel now. I would like to point out that you and your level of baldness is why sessions of 2000 to 3000 grafts in the hands of one of the best, are the right way to go. Only you know what your heart desires, but I think you look great and would settle in for a little while and enjoy your fountain of youth---- I am always encouraged by the before and afters of the sufferers that belong to this community, it makes me feel that we are making a difference in the industry. Congrats once again my friend!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Troy,

Your results this far have been great........I'm envious icon_wink.gif. I look forward to seeing your updated pics. I've followed your progress start to finish and it looks fantastic. I'm sure you're please with the results!

Bspot has a good point here (as he usually does).........though I'm a proponent of going for the gusto where grafts are concerned if you're trying to cover a lot of sq cm's, at the same time, for someone such as yourself, a 2000-3000 can give you everything you need.

Keep postin' your thoughts and updated pics!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I think your results have been great! There is definately a time for the big megasessions but your case was not one. I think the best time for a mega is when there is a clean slate and not much risk of shock loss. When I see pics of people with diffused thining I cringe at a dense packing as it will shock a lot of existing hair.

I think it looks great! I'll be ecstatic if my results come out looking like that. How long is your hair now and could you take a pic of it spiked when you have a chance? I'm curious to see what to expect for my density. Thx Troy

I am very happy so far. I might go back and have another one done for density, but Im also happy with where I am at. Length is maybe 2 and half inches. I will try to remember to take a pic of it spiked when its wet. I tried to take really close up pictures under bright lights in the bathroom so you could see density. I would guess 30-40 cm2. but will have a better estimate after seeing shapiro in october.

Troy,

Looks great. Thanks for the update. For the number of grafts you receive I really think you got quite a bang for your buck! We all have different goals.............I'm thinner than you on top so I'd be very pleased if I had your density. To each his own............let me know how the consult goes later this year.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi Troy,

Yep you're right your hair definately looks a lot thicker at that length, it even looks good too. Personally that would me my desired length if that were my hair!

Your 9 month pics are an improvement on your 8 months pics. Whatever shedding you may have had previously looks like has stopped. Keep us updated with what SMG says in October.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Troy - that's looking great! You must be very pleased. With just a touch more density behind the hairline, it will be pretty much perfect. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress and I look forward to continued updates, including your consultation with SMG.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

M&m, thats what I was thinking. One more probally 2000-3000 grafts and I would be sitting very good. I would consider my Ht a total success. I have made a great improvement, completely undetectable results, and only 7-8 days downtime. Still many people who see me regularly dont know I had this done. It really doesnt get any better than that. I think my next one will have more down time because I will need to cut my hair much shorter, but maybe I will get lucky again. Thanks all for the kind words as alway I will update again every month for a year.

Hey Troy,

If I'm not repeating a post, let me just say DAMN!! Nice transformation. The "before" and "after" shots from a while back really highlight it.

You seem to have the kind of hair that has given you a lot of bang for the buck; it looks like it has enough body to it to really magnify the thickness you've gained. Not to mention, you're a "diffuse thinning" repair success story (if I'm using the term correctly)!

Keep growing well...and enjoy!

Benjamin

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted new pics I have gel and hairspray in my hair, no fillers. I have noticed my hair thickening. I did go through a post shed at about 6 months. as hairbank stated it will come back, and has. I am now thinking im not going to get another HT because I have a full head of hair, but maybe. months 7-9 and a half have been getting thicker, but I can really notice now. I noticed if my hair is a bit longer on top it helps a lot and I have my side shaved down to a number 5 on the sides. They say i can still have thickening for another few months, so we will see. The reason I decided to post to day is recently I read a post about hair characteristics, I had 2376 grafts, I think I must have the kind of hair that works good for HTs. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on hair characteristics.