12 months post op pics

troy

I just got back from shapiro today. I talked to Matt and Janna they both agreed at this point that my hair has been restored to a point that its not worth another session now. Matt Gave me some dermatch to try so i will play with that. I will take 10 month post op pics in the next couple days.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try running your head under the faucet after applying the dermmatch. It's a pain but it does work to get rid of the excess. I found dermmatch will change the texture of the hair and can feel chalky sometimes. Be careful getting on and off the concealers people may know something is up. Personally I hope to ditch the stuff when my ht grows out. It sucks having to put in every day and wondering if it's undetectable. I'm confident it is but there's always the small chance. Troy for your 10 months will you post your hair spiked? I wasn't able to pull that style off even when I had hair but I'd like to see what 40fu/cm looks like overhead worst case. Thanks

Troy,

I was sent samples of Toppik and Dermatch by Janna from Shapiro medical where I recently had my HT. I also bought a 25g Toppik bottle along with a toppik spray maximixer. I sprinkle the 2.5g Toppik on the top and crown areas, and then spray the 25g on the front and along the hairlines. It is working quite well for me, and I have not had to use the dermmatch at all. And it only takes me about 5 mins for the whole procedure and then I walk right out the door for work (no waiting time for it to dry etc).

I have attached a comparision pic here of my pre-op photo with a post op day 16 photo with Toppik. Dr.shapiro had also shaved the cut off the thin hairs along the front/hairline during my HT. (Today is post-op day 25 for me).

You may want it give it a shot.

front-top_pre-op_and__post-op_day16_with_Toppik.JPG.2bb45d064f41375ab220cd609a0813d0.JPG

icare4myhair

2523 grafts - Dr.Ron Shapiro, Sep7, 2006

GRAFT STATISTICS

1hair -#grafts,#hairs- 450 , 450

2hair -#grafts,#hairs-1373, 2746

3hair -#grafts,#hairs- 650 , 1950

4hair -#grafts,#hairs- 50 , 200

TOTAL-#grafts,#hairs-2523, 5346

My Hair Loss Weblog

Troy, your hair looks amazing, no need to go back imo or bother with the hassle of concealers.

Its a good job done, congrats

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I am a few days past my 10 month post op. A few people have asked about my hair being spiked, it looks way to to thin!!! I have found it looks best a little longer than where I have it now combed streight forward, with a litt spike in the front. I am going to wait a bit and see what the next few months bring. When i have my hair at the right length and right hair style it looks like a full head of hair. I go back and fourth on should I get another procedure or not. I will go back to shapiro in about 3-4 months and see what they can do. The big concern is if I have another 2500-300-, it might shock out my native hair and i wouldnt have really made any progress, however if it didnt I would have pretty thick hair. So for now I am going to wait and see how things progress in the industry as well.

Personally I would keep my hair a little longer like you have done in your 9 1/2 month pics - which look great BTW.

You might as well enjoy your great result for a few more years before jumping into another 3-6 months of downtime.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

I know you guys are right, and when I first met Matt zupan at shapiro he told me we are always our biggest critics. I know i certainly am!! I am very happy with my results. I am also pretty tall 6'2 so most wouldnt see my top unless I bent down, which looks great a longer length. Thanks for the support and advise guys.

I have been on propecia for over a year. I dont want to do rogaine- Im to lazy and know I wouldnt keep up with it. I am going to cut my hair shorter at the 12 month mark and go up to shapiro and talk to Dr Shapiro and Matt and see what they think, and weigh it all out. When I went to see them I had gel in my hair and it was a little longer and does make it look thicker. I wont do a ht under 2500 grafts- not worth it to me.

You know Troy, I agree. I just had 4000 plus done, and if I'm going to go back in that chair, it needs to be something other than an incremental improvement.

I'd take a second look at the Rogaine foam though. When you follow the directions it applies easily, doesn't irritate, and it is supposed to work best exactly where your loss was greatest, directly on top.

mark h

I will waigh it out and make some decisions probally in the next 4 months. I kinda want a regimen that is low low maintenance. I think If I could go and dense pack another 4000 without shock loss I would be sitting awesome, but thats what sucks. How dense can you go without shocking exsisting native hair? Untill I totally understand this I will wait. Frankly I would love to just have more hair and not deal with any fillers or shampoos, just my propecia and a lot of ht hair. Not that i am not greatfull for whre I am at. I have made unbelievable progress and am extatic, just feeling a little greedy icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

almost a year!!! I am happy, this has been one of the best decisions of my life. I feel way younger. I feel like my old self. I am now 33 and feel 18. I feel this Ht has given me the step I needed, and it has made a difference in many aspects of my life. Dr Rose did an amazing job with me as well as the shapiro staff, and I said I would praise them AFTER I see my results. They are truly amazing.

Looks great!

I would let the sides grow longer though.. It would look more classy and less extreme, especially with the scar..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

wes, Im not sure if its improving or not, its such a gradual process its hard to tell. It looks very full. Mrjb, I agree with you, and will let it grow out now, I wanted to show the scar when I look down so people could see, also I am 6'2 so I wouldnt have to bend down much for people to see it. I have found itf my hair is to long it doesnt look right and if its too short it doesnt look right. The texture of my hair is very fine, I think thats why my scar shows a little more, which brings up a thought, if I had a bigger procedure and had a scar that wrapped around my head, I think the scar would show, so Im greatfull my scar is small. Mark h, I am definatley meeting a ton of women been a very fun time in my life, i also have got into top physical shape which is something I would recomend for everyone, getting a ht and being very fit made me feel like a million bucks, which spills over into so many other areas of life. Everything i had hoped a Ht would be, it has been.

Troy Congrats Man!!!!!!!!

You look great!!!!!!

Anyway, I read that you would pack another 4000 if you could?????

You greedy bastard, I would take your hair right now!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, we can all tell how much better you feel and continued success with life and and the ladies.

Peace!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Troy,

It looks fantastic. I'm continually amazed at the results you've gotten with 2300+ grafts. Looks totally natural, full and I think the style in your 11 month pics is very good.

Congrats to you my friend! icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 month later...

Im trying to post my last pics for the 1 year mark and it keeps saying this>>> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e57'

String or binary data would be truncated.

/admin/journal_entry.asp, line 176

is it a sight error, or something wrong with my computer?

Troy,

That's a site, or more specifically database error with SQL Server. Looking at the specifric error message I would guess that the data you are typing in a specific field aka the "string" or "binary data" is too long. Perhaps try to upload the picture without adding text, or shorten your text and see if that takes care of the problem. Perhaps the programmer forgot to add a web field size limitation that matches the backend database field limit.

Your tech support icon_wink.gif

Bill

Further information: My guess is that line 176 of journal_entry.asp is the Insert statement which is trying to insert the image "blob" and text associated with it and something needs to be shortened. It's also possible that the image size is too large creating the "binary data" needing to be truncated. Without looking at the ASP code, I couldn't tell you for sure...but since I'm pretty good with ASP, it appears that it could be one of these two things.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I am approaching 13 months post op. It has been a great year. I feel I have turned the clocks back a few years. The dating scene has been insane!!! I didnt know how much a ht would effect my life for the positive. My confidence is very high. I thought I was confident and didnt think my hairlaoss bothered me too much, I can tell you it bothered me more than I thought. Now I feel like the old me. I also took the last year and have trained very hard and am in top physical shape. The 2 ares I have seen most improve is my face to face communications in buisness and my dating. I have mentioned my exwife left me for another man, which hurt deeply. Now I am dating beautiful women many times in there early 20 and much prettier than her- with my new hair Im way out of her league!!lol. I am greatfull i have gone through this expirience as it has humbled me and given me a greater sencer of compassion for people who have insecurities with there looks. I want to encourage anyone thinking of getting a ht, If you go with a top doc, and have a realistic game plan, it is amazing how it makes you feel about yourself.