Thana's HT: Dr. Feller, 3k FUT, 1/8/08

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff. It's obvious you feel totally confidant about the work too since your hair style completely exposes the hairline. Doesn't look too sharp or too linear; the contour frames your face just right.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

wowzzers!

that realy is great. Looks so thick n full. Im 15months post from dr F repair/finishing HT have similar style but not as thick as yours. Some outdoor overhead N straight on hairline shots would be good to see. Mine looks good in certain lights N less thick in others.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Thx for the words every1, appreciated, truly! It's been a *long* road to haul, and while the ride isn't over, it's going in a *much* better direction!

Re: harsher pics....I've posted 8month outdoor shots in very bright sunlight, including close-ups of hairline and top-down, which I will use when I construct the main gallery of this thread (that is currently vacant) showing the entire progression. My density really hasn't changed all-that much since, and the biggest difference has been a maturation of the hairs, which basically just makes styling easier, and lends to a sharper look (imo).

I do apologize for the pics kinda being scattershod, though, and I will definitely do a master-gallery utlizing all the pics floating around going from pre-ops to 1yr sometime this week.

Petchski -- honestly, I'm not sure, and Dr. Feller would have a much better (if not exact) idea. In retrospect I would have made sure I really knew the cm2 (I'm lucky that Dr. Feller had a good, honest eye, and listened to my desires for what kind of style I could "get away with"). Keep in mind hair caliber at all times, and adjust accordingly.

Young -- totally agree. when I compile the immed-postops you can see that the hairline totally takes into account my future ability to give density to other areas if need be, but when grown out appears bolder than it "really" is because it fits so well.

Also, the guy all the way on the right in that one pic really does have the hairline of a wolverine....it's sick how juvenile it is! icon_smile.gif Hey, when cloning gets perfected and doesn't cost a house we will all be there.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thana-- I just want to let you know that I'm so extremely jealous of your results, simply amazing. I hope to achieve such a fantastic outcome.

I'm sorry if you have touched on this before, but as far as work goes, what was your situation? Could you get away with it, or could you wear a hat?

Thanks man

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Space -- thx, just keep in mind.....I have favorable hair caliber and I am adept at how to make my hair look its best. It's quite easy to look "its best", and it almost always looks at the very least solid, so short of getting true-density (as opposed to perceived-density) from cloning or w/e I have no major qualms.

If you mean how I dealt w/ things in the weeks following the op....I buzzed my head after like 2weeks following staple removal (did a pretty poor job haha...); but, by the third week, with some couvre and nano applied I was able to be out and about and looked fine. I planted seeds leading up the HT of me having a "benign scalp irritation...not contagious or serious, but total bitch)......I remember doing physical rehab ~3weeks post-op, and my trainer asked me at one point, while working on my upper back -- "hey, you wear a hat earlier....looks like you wore it a little too tight or too long"....so, take that for whatever it's worth!

If you mean how ($)@(&)$)( was my situation pre-op, it was a wreck, with virtually no strong hairs in my entire frontal 1/3rd -- though I was able to achieve *miraculous* results with nanogen. If I didn't get the HT I def woulda tried out for some spokesman-like role with 'em! icon_smile.gif

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

"Space -- thx, just keep in mind.....I have favorable hair caliber and I am adept at how to make my hair look its best. It's quite easy to look "its best", and it almost always looks at the very least solid, so short of getting true-density (as opposed to perceived-density) from cloning or w/e I have no major qualms. "

Could you expand a little on this part? What about your hair makes it have favorable caliber? I know what you mean about making your hair look its best, as when my hair was in earlier stages of thinning I could make it look way better than it was. Even in your 7 months pics where you have no product it looks awesome.

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Sure. Basically, I just mean that my hair caliber itself a bit on the thicker side, as well as being a bit wiry with a slight wave - these three characteristics aid in the perceived (or illusion) of density. If you had identical loss to me, and got an identical number of grafts with identical yield, but were lower on the scale of the 3 hair characteristics I mentioned, I wouldn't expect your result to look *as* thick. This isn't to say it wouldn't look very good, and this is just a hypothetical to illustrate the basic effect that hair characteristics can have.

**took some close-ups, outdoor in the sun shots including top-downs, which I'll post later. I think this will round out my documentation for the foreseeable future and I'll comb through all of the pics taken by myself and Dr. Feller and use them to construct a master picture gallery in this thread!

-----------

yeah my donor hair is very thick. Before mpb I had the most ridiculously thick hair. I was known as the kid with the insane thick blonde hair pretty much my whole life, so hopefully that aids in my results. It is also slightly wavy.

lookin forward to the new pics!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Thx KMan! Anyways, as promised, here are some pics I recently took -- I tried to get some in harsh lighting (bright bathroom and bright sunlight), and some hairline shots at angles I don't believe I'd previously taken.

I combed through all of my pics floating around and there are some really good shots that have been taken along the way -- the progression gallery is going to be sweet! icon_smile.gif

oneyearrandoms005ea3.jpg

w800.png

oneyearrandoms003dr9.jpg

w800.png

oneyearrandoms010cv0.jpg

w800.png

oneyearrandoms012tl6.jpg

w800.png

oneyearrandoms019js7.jpg

w600.png

oneyearrandoms018cg1.jpg

w600.png

EDIT -- bleh, angles came out funky, dunno why...see if I can correct it....don't think I'd keep any of those for the main gallery, though, but may as well fix it if possible

-----------

Charlie your funny . I think you may be the first lesbian on here. I LOVE IT!!!!

Im gonna kick it old skool for Thana to let enlighten him on how you really feel.

I bet 30% on here get up and start popping and locking.

Harsh..but fair

a lesbian? hmmmm.. nicely put PGP icon_wink.gif

thana i bet you are feeling some pressure from this community and your girlfriend must have been very jealous right now icon_biggrin.gif

Bill you might as well start to charge us membership fee icon_wink.gif

• 3 months later...

I still need to cook up that Master Gallery of Progression to really give my HT justice, but I've just been super-busy.....anyways, I did take some impromptu shots of my hair soaking wet and thought I'd post them. I felt like a cross between a clown and a ninja quickly snapping these @ my office gym bathroom undetected....icon_smile.gif

These were all immediately following a shower; for the pic with the hair not laying totally flat I just propped up the hairline lightly with my fingers. Other pics are just random dry shots of me right before I got a haircut. I'd love to get someone to take pics of me styled w/ my new cut in the bright sun...I think between getting that done and the rest of the pics floating around here and the thread Dr. Feller created I could make a sweet gallery.

Also, as i've bitched about a decent amount of late, you can see where I've continued to thin; not a huge deal, and I'm grateful that my HT still holds up so well and holds the fort down.

042wot.jpg

039gxj.jpg

038jci.jpg

033xpc.jpg

034fvm.jpg

-----------

Absolutely--- A M A Z I N G !

tell me, how does it feel to have the hair of a god? I would never even imagine you suffered from hair loss. Your hair is so thick & dense it's regal, and surely enviable even among those w/out MPB.

congrats!

PS so nice to see someone w/a ht style their hair, let alone a fresh & modern style to boot.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Out door pics under direct sunlight...indoor pics SOPPING wet...hair is actually styled & cut by someone ELSE... why can't everyone do mop-blogs like this rather than attaching a flow-bee to their vaccume cleaner, as though it's some weed wacker removing unwanted folage from their head, shoving their hair to the side and snapping some shots under a (DARK) bridge.

The world will never know.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Looks great my friend - very natural and dense :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!