Thana's HT: Dr. Feller, 3k FUT, 1/8/08

T.A.,

Mazel follicles to you...3000 grafts in that area, given your curly-esque hair, should make a substantial difference!

So what is the inspiration for your user name? The last time I saw the word "thanatopsis" in print was in reference to the poem of the same name, which I read under duress in the 6th grade...I blame that in part for my own hair loss...

Benjamin "Bite Me, William Cullen Bryant" Haag

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.A.,

Regarding an earlier and hair-irrelevant post...yes, I went to McLean High School for one year; my father and stepmother opted to move to Virginia, from NYC, between my junior and senior years. (Note: do not try this at home). Did you like it, hate it, feel something toward it that was within that spectrum?

Benjamin

Ty, ty, my newfound follicles are a blessing indeed.

You pretty much nailed it w/ the Bryant poem; combined with the meaning(s) of the word itself, it felt like an apt description of how I felt at a time during my my hairloss "saga" (think depressed and confused, but determined).

Ahhh, a fellow McleanHS alum haha...I too moved from NYC to McLean for high-school! Quite the coincidence. More or less I hated it, mainly the teachers and the structure; I don't take well to authority in general, so I am sure I would have disliked any of the other schools I almost went to equally, if not more (I liked the kids quite a bit, actually).

Shooting you a PM before I go slumber into sleep, so we can regail one another with tales from "down south"...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

ngtgb -- nah, sometimes I don't even know what the hell I'm saying.

Mazel follicles = dorky joke on "mazel tov" (good luck)...

"Thanatopsis" (http://www.poetry-archive.com/b/thanatopsis.html) is a long poem I read for a project in the 6th grade, which, being 12 and finding cartoons and farts funny, I didn't remotely understand...

Than...back to the topic, I see where you're coming from on the hair loss thing; sometimes it does seem more than just a question of "looking better," even if at the end of the day, let's face it, it's hair.

For me, the HT is part of the satisfaction of improving something, just like going to the gym to drop the 40 extra pounds that too much beer and good food and sitting on my ass have given me...different process, obviously, but same goal.

I also still think it's cool as hell that a HT is possible...

Anyway...good luck and grow and heal fast, and yes, getting the staples out makes a big difference -- my head felt about 120% better after that...

Benjamin

Here, here! Indeed, staples out and it feels oh so good. Much less painful than I imagined; I had them in for nearly two weeks, so that along with having them taken out @ Dr. Feller's office (as opposed to braving it on my own) prolly' helped make it a smoother extraction. Would definitely recommend having it done this way; while it wasn't painful, I could see how it could very easily be a pretty painstaking (and painful) operation if went at differently.

Buzzed the head down after I got home; probably should have went to a pro, but in a fit of impatience and audacity decided to have a go at it myself. Took some pictures which I'll be posting, though the clarity isn't that great due to me not having any digital camera skillz and my friend having shaky hands.....I obv refrained from giving him shi* over this given the mighty secret he holds over me...icon_wink.gif

Will be making 1x month picture updates, which hopefully will become vastly improved w/ regard to clarity ASAP.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Thx Dr. Feller, likewise! See you in 6 as I start to enter full bloom.

-----------

Thana,

I will admit that I did not pull up all the photos (short on time), but I did see the first four. They are looking very nice and clean. I know you will be extremely happy with your end results.

I think you're a great poster and I enjoy reading your posts (despite having to take out the dictionary). I know you've helped me a few times with words/meaning....so thanks and I wish the best for you.

Much appreciated, Janna! I've been pleasantly surprised, and a bit blown away, at how "clean" everything has been since the operation -- lack of blood, scabbing, pain, even redness. A combo of a great HT staff and being real dilligent following post op instructions for sure. And a bit ironic consider the bleeding during the op from my prior night's "reveling"...icon_wink.gif Thx again.

-----------

man look at that great new hairline! Bet your loving that. Looks super clean and these photos show the rest of your hair much better which appears to be very thick and coarse. You should have a great mop in the coming months.

How tight does your scalp feel now that the staples have been removed? Feel good enough to lift weights?

Thana,

You and I appear to have similar textured hair which should work out well for us. Keep us all updated on things.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NG2GB, my scalp actually feel really solid, and even in the later hours of this past day it seems to be healing pretty rapidly. This Wednesday I am going to attempt some exercise -- will be very cautious, and start out at the very bottom and work my way up, just feeling things out. At the very least I wanna break a sweat and be active for an hour or so.

NN, definitely. Can't wait to see your progress/results, especially as it looks like your on the cusp of entering follicular primetime!

-----------

Looking at those photos you`ve healed really well and are going to one happy chap when when all those little beauties grow out.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

looking great than,you will be ecstatic in a year.

a question to dr feller,does thana talk as elegantly as he writes?i love the idea that he writes in such a style but actually talks and cusses like a new york cabbie!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Like a drunken' sailor, Balody, like a drunken' sailor.....

Btw, in your latest 2month pics -- do you know what # buzz you are at? Looks to be an ideal length of shortness while also concealing the scar.

-----------

Balody,

Actually, Thana is a man of few words in person. I didn't even realize how into literature he was until I started reading his posts and saw that one photo he posted in the gallery with one of his bookcases behind him. That must have been his summer reading material.

He's never cussed in person, alway a perfect gentleman.

Grow well Thana.

Dr. F

aw dr F,youve spoilt it.i had him sounding like the baby from who framed roger rabbit!

thana,have you heard of a comedian called Russell Brand?hes massive over here at the moment.he uses the same sort of elegant vocabulary as you,but then breaks into his native east end of london tongue,swearing like a trooper.v funny and v rude!

as for my buzz i didnt use a clip.that was 6 weeks ago and its just grown in since.at a guess i would say its probably at no 2 now.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• 5 months later...

Well, time has moved in a predictably swift fashion and I am now just a bit under 6months post-op. The pics I had assembled in this thread itself got all messed up, but my weblog is still functional -- plus, I will include an additional pre-op and my various updated photos right now as part of the comments section.

All photos were taken by myself, under bathroom lighting (all the post-ops, at least). Also, for the hairline shots I simply used a paste/creme and just tried to push the hairline up as much as possible; when I've been going out now I have added a layering effect to the hairline, which improved perceived density and also ameliorated some of the "kinkyness" and just is an all-around good style for me.

Without further ado:

concealer010wn1.jpg

6monthpostop001vr2.jpg

6monthpostop003jb9.jpg

6monthpostop004ac6.jpg

6monthhairline002pb7.jpg

6monthhairline002pb7.4220d133b2.jpg

6monthhairline003uq4.jpg

6monthhairline005jh6.jpg

It's been quite a ride so far, and I've truly been througha gamut of emotion since DHT came knockin' on my door -- if I didn't improve an iota from where I currently am I would probably be pretty cool about it. And I prolly' should/will improve more in the coming months, though it's kinda surreal.

Dr. Feller and Co. have been great in every way that they should and could; combined with research, and an objective analysis of my hair-related decisions the entire process has been exceedingly smooth.

-----------

Thanks bro, appreciated. When I took these last night it was honestly the first time in ages I had looked at myself w/o being caked in concealer and with an open mind -- fear of how I looked had been ingrained into me.

Btw, I'd prolly take an ass kicking to have gotten where I am now @ 6months! icon_smile.gif And I'm not sure if the red pill helped my hair, but the hair certaintly has made me take the red pill more. icon_wink.gif

-----------

Thana,

This is indeed a strong result for only 6 months and there should be even more improvement in the next few months even though it looks like you dont even need it you lucky dog!! icon_wink.gif

hs.

These views are from my own learned experience. I am NOT a Doctor, but people say that I do look like one from a distance.