Doctor Markou Hair and Scalp Clinic Florida

rodfl

Hey guys,

just letting you know if you are considering a hair transplant surgery to avoid Doctor Markou and the hair and scalp laser clinic in Clearwater and Largo Florida---the back of my head was butchered and the doctor has shown little compassion and has tried to convince me that I am having shock loss---the procedure was over a year ago and Doctor Rose of Tampa has confirmed that I have a stretch scar due to poor decissions made by Doctor Markou---avoid this clinic I would hate to see another person have to go through this nightmare

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume judging from your other 5 posts you weren't happy with Dr. Markou. icon_smile.gif

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Did Dr. Rose say whether he would be able to help correct it or not?

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Doctor Rose said he could try--or atleast make it better------says it could be 50/50 that the scar could happen again--I am reluctant to have more transplants but may be my only option---it is difficult to revise because the scar is lower neck area

Rodfl,

Sorry you had a bad doctor, thanks for giving the forum a heads up on this place. For me, any clinic doing laser therapy as part of their "treatment" tells me they are just after your money. I know the FDA just approved some laser products, but I don't buy into it at all.

Ask the thousands who spent thousands and have nothing to show for it.

Anyway, hope Dr. Rose can help you.

NoBuzz

I went to this Dr website, and low and behold I seen the photo of none other than the master of disaster of hairtransplantation Dr Larry Shapiro this guy must be a world class butcher if he's hanging with this guy.Sorry for your experience.

• 4 weeks later...

the comment made by rodfl on dr markou is slanderous and grossly inaccurate. first of all , it is doubtfull that dr rose would in any way slander dr markou as is mentioned. when this patient presented to dr markou, he was there for repair work. his donor site was already a mess. he was told that the stretch mark would probably re occur as dr rose told him. comments like this should be screened for possible slander. the person who posted this willbe receiving a letter of demand to remove dr markous name from any slanderous remarks that are printed. this is a serious matter , when people can at will slander others with out proper recourse. dr rose will also be informed of the improper use of his name in this matter.

Please---- this is public forum pal.

You mention slandering without recourse---- you are FREE to offer an opinion opposite of the one posted by rodfl.

In addition, Dr. Rose would be free to offer his OPINION as well.

Let me tell you what YOU just did.

IF you are somehow associated with this clinic, I HIGHLY DOUBT rodfl signed an agreement for you to discuss his previous situation OR the care your clinic administered to him.

You see, unlike your bumbling self, rodfl is entitled to patient privacy, and without his consent to discuss his PERSONAL ISSUES, you just violated his rights.

Jordan spins....jumps...... fades back....... SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, but I think I would edit your post and go away.

You won't find much sympathy here.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

to clarify, dr markou only uses co2 laser to correct cobblestone effect of old larger grafts. he uses it in some cases on the top layer of skin on rough surfaces for a smoother look. he does not make hole with it! he also offer low level laser light therapy with or without surgery. post op it is used for faster healing. he charges no extra for this. he published research in a peer review medical journal in 2003 and the fda recently cleared this for use in the us. THERE IS NO GIMMICK INVOLVED IN LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY . IT IS NOW AS LEGITIMATE AN OPTION FOR HAIR REPLACEMENT AS PROPECIA, ROGAINE AND SURGERY.

Guess what?

You now just crossed the line as a shill and therefore are going to be bounced.

Enjoy your stay.

It won't be long.

PS. I see you registered March 18th, the day after Rodfl posted his experience with your mill. Funny you did not leap to the defense of your clinic then, choosing to post a month later once your clinic started to really recieve the bad publicity.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

HI B SPOT, GLAD TO SEE YOU CHOSE DR SHAPIRO. IS IS ONE OF THE BEST. YOU WILLDEFINATELY BE HAPPY. NO NAMES WERE MENTIONED IN THE PREVIOUS POST. NO PRIVACY WAS BREACHED. DIDNT MEAN TO UPSET YOU, JUST HATE THAT PEOPLE WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE SUCH NEGATIVE COMMENTS. IF U ONLY KNEW THE TYPE OF CARE THAT TAKES PLACE AT THE CLINIC MENTIONED, U TOO WOULD BE UPSET.

"Spot" on B Spot.

Seems excitability (reflected through bad grammar, poor spelling and fogetting that the Caps are locked) are the mark of a shill.

Low level laser therapy as a legitimate option, oh please... I think that Dr. Feller had an excellent post on this.

I understand that there is a spring special on snake oil this week...

to clarify, dr rose should be informed that his own name was used and that he was probably wrongfully quoted. it was not meant that dr rose used anyones name wrongfully. dr rose is a great surgeon and person and would probably not agree to the way his own name was used. any way, i think this topic has become tiresome, so ill go away for now. by the way, i am not an employee of the clinic mentioned,, what i mentioned before is highly probable as to what may have actually taken place. hope everyone takes everything they read in any forum with a grain of salt.

Hello everyone,

Well I'm just seeing this post. Allow me to state a few things already mentioned:

1. According to dictionary.com, slander is defined as "a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name."

Rodfl and Dr. Rose looked at the evidence of the surgery and made logical conclusions based on that evidence. Therefore, what was stated was not false nor malicious...it simply was true, therefore not slander. The rest that was presented was opinion (neither fact nor opinion), still...not slander. Sorry doc...your initial post doesn't fly.

2. Doc quotes "THERE IS NO GIMMICK INVOLVED IN LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY . IT IS NOW AS LEGITIMATE AN OPTION FOR HAIR REPLACEMENT AS PROPECIA, ROGAINE AND SURGERY."

Sorry buddy...try again. Read here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=154259

3. Doc...if you do not work for the clinic, why did you come across so strong and defend this doctor and then try to promote his use of laser therapy? How do you know "the type of care that takes place at the clinic mentioned". You must either work there or be one of their patients. And even as one of their patients...can you prove that you really know the inner workings of their clinc? And even if you had a good experience...can you really discount rodfl for having a negative one?

If you do indeed work for the clinic, the rules of the forum state that if you work for a clinic, you must include this under your signature. See Janna, Spex, and JoTronic, radgav, or hairtechnician for an example of this.

Allow me to add that...

Everyone here is entitled to share their experiences whether good or bad. Making threats on a public forum doesn't fly here.

Doc...if you have had experience with Dr Markou, please feel free to post your experience on this forum. But just because you had a good experience, does not mean everyone will. Think outside the box my friend icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

do not accuse Dr Rose of making any statements about any other physician. It is obvious that whoever rodfl is, having had 4 different docs in the past(as stated in his profile),and obviously not happy with any of them since he is seeking his 5th or 6th doc, is the one making the accusations. how would any doc blame a certain scar or donor area on one of 4 or 5 docs. what about the other docs that operated on this person? So, refer to your definition now cowboy! Also, is it not logical that a patient with the story he wrote on this public forum is indeed looking for repair work as he himself described his donor area as a butchered up job? i agree with you that not every one has the same experience at the same clinic. but this is an obvious slam on the doc mentioned. i believe it ok to constructively criticize any clinic, but putting blame on a certain doc and using another docs name in casting the blame is wrong and definately nearing slander. granted, no one can legally accuse rodfl due to the fact that his true identity is not revealed. i believe that rodfl should reveal that he wss not happy with tha attention he received from his last doc and was left unsatisfied. i dont believe this very respectable site should be used to slam highly regarded docs. Finally, please research low level laser therapy and make educated comments in the future, you are in fact wasting readers time with ignorant views on a science that is becoming more valued by the docs of this forum every day. i dont mean to defend any doc or clinic, but was only commenting on the obvious attack in this case

Hi group! This is quite an interesting male cat fight! Mr B spot, do you happen to know my good friend Ms. G spot? (lol) You all take this so seriously..... what gives? you are writing as if you know eachother, whereas you could be writing to ficticious people, even moles. If you have a problem with any specific doctor, why not go to their office, and like a REAL man, talk to him face to face? Mr Rodfl. I noticed on your profile that you have had 4 sugeries with 4 different doctors. To me that is like a women having had 4 children with 4 different men, and unhappy with each one, so is left alone to sulk. I understand hair transplant surgery is indeed a serious matter, and quite costly, yet look at all of you in this group - you are acting like babies. shouting, pouting, dishonoring the doctors that YOU yourselves chose, and burning off steam by badmouthing them. So, do you all feel relieved? By the way, most of these doctors are quite reasonable when you go talk to them about your concerns and complaints - they will not bite you, but rather thank you and will more likely help you ease your concerns. What is the big problem? Are you afraid they will not let you in to listen to your "issues"? Well, most gladly would, unless they are arrogant idiots who have no bedside manners, and who do not care. Did you not pick up this trait of theirs prior to sugery? Those are the ones that should be badmouthed, because that is not fair for them to keep any patients unhappy. Most of the doctors in this field go by word of mouth, and do not want dissatisfied patients roaming the net, talking them down. Have you gone that approach yet? Why don't you try that first - it may just make you feel stupid when you find out how understanding and earger to help your concerns they are. it may make you feel humbled, but that will pass. This "he said/she said" is such a wrong approach. it will not fix your concern, and guess what?- any doctor reading this would never touch any whiney, complaining slanderer with a ten foot pole, in fear that they will be next on their shit list. GROW UP. Good luck to all of you

He didn't say he didn't work for the clinic. He said he wasn't "employed" by the clinic - big difference. There's a lot of slick word smithing used in these forums. Slick Willie would be proud.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey dudes, i see one more thing here - everybody is getting all fired up withot even knowing the details of anything said. i have read and understood bits and pieces. To my knowledge, it is most unethical for any physician to discuss their opinion about any colleague. The names I have seen here are of reputable doctors doctors who take much pride in their profession with great integrity. You are oly making yourselfs look bad by lying and/or exagurating what happenened, and who said what. It is not proper to use a doctor's name the way you guys have been doing. If they read this about themselves, how do you think they would feel? How would you feel if there was a forum for doctors only discussing patients like yourselves? Or better yet, depending on each of your own careers, how would you feel if you were attaced on cyberspace by your co-workers, your employees, clients, or whomever you work for. You are all being so damn petty and meticulous. What is the difference if a person here is a clinic employee, affiliate, patient, or anything? Just listen to the words written, and go from there. This is not a game of who are you really, and where do you work, or who do you work for, etc. Has this done any good to the original problem, all this back and forthing, what is the bottom line purpose? I commend the dude doc, for he seem to be the most calm and logical of the group. do i care who he is, who he works for? NOT - i care what he has written, for it is so sincere and simly pure common scense. I think you all will have more fun playing around with myspace. It too is amusing! Try something different.

what is the difference. is doc praising this clinic,,, no. Does he make a reasonable point in what he is saying and is it logical,,, yes. Why are the few people responding ,so animately defending rodfl, yet refuse to see the logic that doc has discussed. wonder who you guys are.sounds more like you guys have a special interest here. The point ive made in this forum tonight would be no different whether i am the doc, his patient , his janitor or a stranger. i am not praising his work or discussing anything other than the irresponsibility and carelessness that can go on in a forum that is not properly censored. too many characters out their that get off on slamming others, i cant stand it and frankly dont think i will waist much more time with this.

Originally posted by doc:

Finally, please research low level laser therapy and make educated comments in the future, you are in fact wasting readers time with ignorant views on a science that is becoming more valued by the docs of this forum every day.

Please spare us Doc, most of us here are highly educated. Should we not be skeptical of laser therapy? Should we just accept anything the FDA approves as the best thing since sliced bread?

Many of us do not believe in Laser therapy and we are not ignorant. We are already tired of the new breed of sharks claiming this is a viable solution to hairloss.

NoBuzz

doc,

Your comments are all over the place...not sure exactly who you are addressing, etc.

Regarding laser therapy: If you actually took time to read the link that I posted, it contains loads of researched information that is true. FDA approval in this particular case does not prove laser's effectiveness, only it's safety. My point in posting that link is because YOU used FDA as a means to prove laser's effectiveness...my link proves it does not. Education and research my friend, not personal opinion. You can't use FDA approval as a means to validate your claims if you do not know what you are talking about.

Again, not sure who you are talking to when you say "do not acuse Dr. Rose of making any statements about any other physician". Why do you assume it's an accusation? How do you know rodfl is not telling the truth? A comment is only an accusation if it is said as a lie. Once again, you are throwing out yet another word that isn't true. Slander, Accusation, etc. Why do you assume he is lying? You are allowed to have a different opinion, but accusing someone of lying without any evidence to back up your claim is ignorant.

Allow me to say, on a positive note, that your opinion is welcome here...but stick to the scope of your opinion. The only one here making any accusations is you. You could easily started a dialoge with rodfl by asking him how he knows the bad scar is from Dr. Markou? And as an educated patient, being through this several times, I'd say the answer should be obvious:The doctor that did the last surgery is the one who created the last scar. It's that simple.

Amused,

I'm not exactly sure why you felt compelled to post on this thread as your first post. I suspect you are "doc" under a different alias or another employee of Dr. Markou. This is just too fishy for me. Being that as it may...I'm reporting this thread to Pat to check your IP addresses to see if you are one and the same person.

I honestly have nothing more to say to you since you are obviously here to just pick a fight. Your words are beyond logic and I can see that logically explaining anything to you is pointless and a waste of anyone's time.

Bill

Hello everybody---I am simply telling my story--In hopes that each individual can make their own decisions about which Doc to choose---that is what this forum is all about. I had three procedures at this clinic -two with Dr.Riggs who used to work at the clinc--I had no problems at all with Doctor Riggs he was wonderful and the results were nice---I wish I had known of this web site before going thru with my last surgery. I went to this clinic in hopes of filling in the area behind the hairline--Doctor Markou made an incision very low on the back of my head/neck area to obtain the donor hairs. I knew immediately after the surgery that something was not right---the donor area was extremely tight and I could feel that there was an area below the incision that was very bare and almost slimy feeling--I immediately contacted the clinic manager to ask his opinion and was told that It was shock loss and that it was normal and would grow back in a few months-

I accepted his answer at first but had reservations due the fact that I have been thru the surgeries before and not experienced any of the above symptoms---It was then that I decided to do some research and came across this great forum site and first learned of a stretch scar--I returned to the clinic and met with the Doc and the clinic manager to ask about the posibility of a stretch scar --which I had read about on this very forum(you can do a search and u can see that my very first post was questioning what a stretch scar was all about--this was over a year ago) during my meeting with the Doc/manager I once again was told that it was shock loss and not to believe everything I read on the web sites. I was given rogaine to put on the donor area and told to return four months later---I was also told at this time that if indeed we were dealing with a stretch scar that the Doc would simply "take it out" when i returned months later. I did not feel satisfied with these answers and immediately made an appointment with Doctor Rose of Tampa--Immediately upon my examination Dr Rose and his assistant of many years told me that I was dealing with a stretch scar due to the incision being made too low on the back of my head (below the bony prominece on the back of the head)Dr Rose simply advised me of my options (including maybe having to use expanders,or transplanting hair into the actual scar) He advised me to go back to the doctor and explain the siutation in hopes of getting a refund or having the doc send me to a qualified plastic surgeon that specialized in scar revision--He even offered to call Doctor Markou and explain the situation---I chose not to return to the clinic due to frustration toward the Doc/clinic----Doctor Rose also explained to me that it was a 50/50 situation and made it very clear to me that the scar could reoccur after any correction work. Thank you for all of your help Doctor Rose----Too bad I had no idea that your office was only a couple of miles away from my home--Anyway, this is my story and every word is true, and accurate---again feel free to do a search and take a look at my previous posts----And if you get anything out of this post---Do NOT let any doctor make an incsision too low on the back of your head---research ur tail off before having the surgery ---simply reading a few post could have saved me much humiliation and depression---I have been researching for many moths now and have decided to visit a very skilled and respectable doc in hopes of repairing the scar---After the poor procedure I made a decision to move away from Tampa for awhile in hopes of having the repair work finished and feel confident enough to return to Tampa and regain my life and friends- with some ammount of confidence----Read and research friends and Sorry Doc ---But I only speak the truth!

R

rodfl,

I believe you are telling the truth, and so do most the people here. Doc and Amused either work for the clinic or are just here to start fights. I honestly suspect that Amused and doc are actually one and the same person.

For the record...I've reported this thread to Pat so that he can evaluate the integrity of their posts. Picking fights randomly and/or soliciting clinics (disregarding the forum rules) will NOT be tolerated here.

Bill