1 Month Pictures! What do you think?

Hey Everyone,

Its about 1 month since I had my procedure with Dr. Feller. I've updated my blog to include pictures at 1-month, 1-month (with concealer) and 1-month scar.

As you will see from the pictures, my scar on the right side looks bad, compared to the left and back. Not sure why since I've been very careful about sleeping, workout out, etc. Does this look like shock loss or a wide scar?

Today was the first time that I tried to use concealer. It doesn't look too bad, but I would some of your thoughts.

Please have a look at my blog and let me know your comments and/or suggestions!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=689

Hey Everyone,

Its about 1 month since I had my procedure with Dr. Feller. I've updated my blog to include pictures at 1-month, 1-month (with concealer) and 1-month scar.

As you will see from the pictures, my scar on the right side looks bad, compared to the left and back. Not sure why since I've been very careful about sleeping, workout out, etc. Does this look like shock loss or a wide scar?

Today was the first time that I tried to use concealer. It doesn't look too bad, but I would some of your thoughts.

Please have a look at my blog and let me know your comments and/or suggestions!

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=689

Wow! you sure do know how to use concealers! It does look very natural! is that toppik?

I am not qualified to comment but your scar does look like its healing well. Good luck with the growth, I will surely be following your progress icon_biggrin.gif

All looks as it should at the 1 month stage. There looks like some sheding on the lower edge of the scar which is no problem, it will grow back, all seems well.

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

repo,

Everything looks normal my friend regarding your hair transplant.

And as a friend, you may want to work on your use of the concealers. Your concealer pictures in your blog in my opinion, are quite obvious.

I know that I tried using dermatch, and though some love it, I just couldn't get it right, and my pictures too screamed of concealer.

But practice makes perfect!

Your body will need time to heal, and over time your scar redness will fade away, and your transplanted and any shocked hair will grow back.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I was worried very worried about the scar and your comments helped alleviate some of my concerns.

whyme - yea, its toppik. I'm going to try and apply some of the dermmatch and nonogen in the next few days and see what happens.

Bill - Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'm not sure how to make it less obvious. Does it look obvious because the hair is short? Do you have any suggestions specifically with using any of the concealers (dermmatch, toppik, nanogen)?

repo, you can try using just a little bit less of it and that may minimize the chalky look. I hope you don't take offense. The concealer doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look 100% natural in these pictures anyway.

That's one of the problems I had...no matter how I applied dermatch, I couldn't get it to look right, in my opinion. Others however, have had great success with many of the concealers.

But you have to be the judge, if it looks natural to you, then there is no need to change anything. I'd just consider trying a little bit less to minimize the chalkiness.

Happy growing!

Bill

Bill - Thanks for the reply. I didn't take offense to your comment at all. It actually made me re-examine the pictures and see what I missed. I did put a ton of the concealer on and appreciate the advice to use less.

One of the good things I like about the blog and this forum is the opportunity to get some real feedback rather than going out and not looking natural.

repo-

I actually think your out of the shower pics look good. And once dry, would probably look similar to your pre-op pics. I would probably just use concealer on the scar.

The concealer is fine looking, but I think it looks a little too obvious. Maybe it is just the fact that I do not like how concealer looks. I have seen a number of guys where I live who use it and it is very obvious to me. Have you tried leaving it natural, with no concealer?

Again they are just pictures that we see on the forum. Maybe you could ask a friend or two, or family member you can confide in as to what they feel looks better. But again, it is what makes you feel better.

Like I tell my gf, she looks great to me without makeup (concealer)... all natural. And I hope that she would tell me the same if I was using concealer and she didn't like it.

Happy growing!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Eman - The hair is starting to come in as it was pre-op. Before pre-op, I used Toppik and concealed the hairloss very well and I think that was a factor of the length and amount of hair present. The problem with leaving it this way is that it would be a substantial difference as to how I looked before my HT.

After having a look at the 1 month pictures again, I do agree it looks a bit off and I've probably used way too much. I'll give it another shot and see what happens.

I agree that some concealers look awful (dermatch being one of them) but if you get the right kind (toppik is what i used) it is very hard to detect. Im VERY self consious of what my head looks like and i would have noticed if it looked bad.