Update: 5 month pictures posted

wantego

Some mild changes from month 4 to month 5 but nothing huge in my opinion. Still I think I'm doing well for the first 5 months in total. I'm hoping for more growth/thickening in the next 7-13 months. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Yogi's Dad:

IMHO, your improvement is significant and impressive!

Thank you. icon_smile.gif

I was referring to the improvement in month 5 alone not over all. So far so good. icon_smile.gif I do hope for more growth and thickening in the coming months. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by headinahole:

I think it looks excellent!

From your pictures I wouldn't be able to tell you had experienced any hair loss at all.

Thank you for the kind words. I must be honest though and say some pictures look fuller than in person or by touch. I think and hope I will have more growth and thickening to come in future 7 months. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Looks thicker to me, unless I am missing something. I went back and forth between four and five months and could see a difference. And I think it looks really good.

But from what you are telling us there really is no difference? If that is the case, I appreciate the honesty. I think you are being more critical because you see yourself each day in the mirror and we only get to see you once a month. icon_smile.gif

From your pics, each month I can see a difference! I cannot wait to be at your stage...

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Eman:

Looks thicker to me, unless I am missing something. I went back and forth between four and five months and could see a difference. And I think it looks really good.

But from what you are telling us there really is no difference? If that is the case, I appreciate the honesty. I think you are being more critical because you see yourself each day in the mirror and we only get to see you once a month. icon_smile.gif

From your pics, each month I can see a difference! I cannot wait to be at your stage...

Thanks as always Eman. You will be at 5 months before you know it. The 3-5 months fly by compared to the first 2 months. icon_smile.gif

Eman I see a very subtle difference from 4 months to 5 months but nothing dramatic. I agree looking in the mirror every day may play a role. I'm not complaining. I just try very hard to be 100% honest and candid with people as I can. I also agree we can be our own worst critics. It is only 5 months. I'm hoping I have a lot more to come over the next 7 months or so. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

You are going to be mint; already you've had blessed early-growth!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

When you say hairline I think you mean the hair pulled back. My hair isnt long enough to pull back like many of the younger guys do but I tried to accommodate the people that asked with a new picture titled 5 months hair pulled back. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Vince thanks for the kind words. Like many people going through this I hope for the best but have some fears. I'm hoping to get a great result at 12 months! icon_smile.gif

Bill you have given me a lot of wisdom in the last 5 months. I will "keep the faith" as you often say.

thanatopsis_awry you have been very positive right from the start and that has helped me so I do appreciate that a lot!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hey guys please do not mistake my cautious nature with me being unhappy about my results so far after 5 months. I have actually done better in the first 5 months than I expected! icon_smile.gif

1. I'm cautious by nature. I never want to jinx anything so to speak. icon_smile.gif

2. I've always thought the final result is what really matters so that is why I speak in terms of 7 months from now. I think I have been a fast grower so far at 5 months though. icon_smile.gif

3. I have seen some posters on other HT boards who are probably compensated in some way push their doctors. I thought that was very irresponsible and it really left a bad impression in my mind of these kind of posters. Now I probably bend over backwards not to do that in any way. What may happen is in my desire never to pump anyone up too much I may have come across as being unhappy with my results so far at the 5 month mark. That would be a wrong impression for me to give off. I think my HT has gone pretty well so far at the 5 month mark. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

When you say hairline I think you mean the hair pulled back. My hair isnt long enough to pull back like many of the younger guys do but I tried to accommodate the people that asked with a new picture titled 5 months hair pulled back. icon_smile.gif

It looks great! thank you for the pic icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

I went back and forth between your pre op and your five month pics and the only thing I can say is: WOW! You can't expect more at this point. Simply great! Keep us posted and please let us have a closer look at your gaps.

Petro thanks for the kind words.

ezduzit I hope my 1 year results are awesome as you say. So far so good. I'm encouraged. icon_smile.gif

Dedom I think my growth has been good for 5 months. Thank you for all the encouragement. Seems like I'm an early grower. You are right I cant expect more at 5 months. The couple of gaps are small and I dont know if they will show up without a flash.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by latinlotus:

yup, so far so good, and i think you are an early grower.

Thanks Latin. I wish you best of luck with your HT! icon_smile.gif

PS today I let my hair dry naturally but all swept back like some people wear it. It felt goofy since I'm not used to that but I posted a picture of it in my 5 month hair pulled back section if anyone is interested. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I'm approaching 5 months myself. I'd be happy to have those kind of results at 10 months!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by aaron1234:

I'm approaching 5 months myself. I'd be happy to have those kind of results at 10 months!

Thanks a bunch Aaron. I'm happy so far! Hopefully at 12 months time we both have the most kick butt results possible! I wish you the best of luck!!! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs