Update: 5 month pictures posted

wantego

Dakota3 I used poor wording in my original post that caused some confusion. I meant to say "Some mild changes from month 4 to month 5". I think I'm doing well so far at 5 months. Thanks for the kind words. icon_smile.gif

Newtothissite: It is my pleasure to pist my pictures. Thanks for the comment! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Do you mind taking pics of your scar. Thank you icon_smile.gif .

By the way i had my surgery with Rahal this week. i will create a blog with all pics in a few days as i am still in pain. I had 2745 grafts.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Originally posted by Petro_P:

dude, i just saw you hairline pic with all the hair spiked up. Man ur hair looks really good. I hope all best. keep us posted.

Thanks a bunch dude. I never wear my hair like that so it felt pretty goofy. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Chops:

Wantego,

Everything looks fantastic.

Do you feel it looks 100% natural. What have friends and family said about your change in appearance.

Well done mate.

Thanks Chops!

I think it looks very good for 5 months but I'm still hoping for more growth and thickening in the next 7 months before my final result. icon_smile.gif

I think you are asking does it stand out as a hair transplant. I do not think it looks like a hair transplant. It just looks like my hair.

Only 1 friend and 1 relative know about it. Ive stayed away from most people for months. I will unveil my big surprise soon but I'm waiting to have as much growth and thickening as possible before letting people know what I did. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Eman:

want- I don't think it looks goofy...it looks awesome! I hope I get near that kind of density.

You are going to have to head into a nice salon (no more supercuts for you!) and have a cute stylist give you that hip hairstyle you have been longing for!!

Thanks Eman I look forward to that time. icon_smile.gif

The puffy look looked and felt goofy. It gave the illusion of a lot of hair compared to my natural laid down style. Just letting it dry that way made it feel thicker.

How do you wear your hair when it gets longer? I prefer shorter hair but the longer the hair the more coverage. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wow, you're a freak! And I mean that in the most complimentary way icon_smile.gif . But wearing it down??? With that head of hair!?!?!? Show it off brother. Looks amazing.

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

want- I also wear my hair down. But who knows, I may begin a little spiking or more of a stylish look--when the hair finally starts growing. It has been so long since I have been able to do something with the front I really don't know.

With your density, a little style will take off another couple of years!! Play around with different styles for a little bit.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by HTinthefuture:

looks just awesome. unbelieveable.

I hope I have near that result when I go in.

I have light hair and will wear it ceasar style until the day I die...so hopefully my coverage will end up being similar...

Thanks a bunch. That makes me feel good. icon_smile.gif

I wish you the best of luck! icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wantengo,

happy new year!!! any updates.

Thanks Petro. Happy new year to you as well. I havent really noticed any significant changes in my 6th month that just past yesterday. When I get a chance I will take more pictures. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by wantego:

Hi Wantengo,

Thanks Petro. Happy new year to you as well. I havent really noticed any significant changes in my 6th month that just past yesterday. When I get a chance I will take more pictures. icon_smile.gif

Thank you for your time icon_smile.gif

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Originally posted by wantego:

Hi Wantengo,

Thank you for your time icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the interest. Let me give you guys a quick written update until I get new pictures up soon. This month I cut all my hair EXCEPT the transplanted grafts. Good news is I did not see my scar at all. Bad news is I'm horrible at cutting hair so it looked kind of goofy long in front and short everywhere else. Also my transplanted hair is much darker than my other graying hair. Its not a good look with 2 different colors. Once I'm out of my ultra cautious period I will use some just for men to make it all one color.

Despite all this yesterday my hair looked pretty good. Then this morning I woke up and it looked pretty good as well. I'm in my 6th month. I still do have a few gaps and I still want more thickening but I can say that I no longer consider myself bald. I was just looking at some pictures of my much younger cousins wedding and I was thinking wow I have so much more hair than he does. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

want- congrats on cutting your own hair. For the top, take a pair of scissors--no pulling like clippers and thus you are able to be cautious in that area. It takes a little practice with scissors, but you will get the hang of it and the recipient area will look much better. Also wetting the top and "spiking" the hair helps with cutting with scissors.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Originally posted by Eman:

want- congrats on cutting your own hair. For the top, take a pair of scissors--no pulling like clippers and thus you are able to be cautious in that area. It takes a little practice with scissors, but you will get the hang of it and the recipient area will look much better. Also wetting the top and "spiking" the hair helps with cutting with scissors.

LOL Eman I have tried to cut my own hair for years and I never do a good job. Some people are meant to cut hair but I do not not think I'm one of them, lol. icon_smile.gif

I will try to get a new set of pictures up this week or next. I think my camera batteries are on their last legs. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego

looking forward to seeing the update pics. i guess you've given up on hlh & i don't blame you. if it keeps up the way it is there will be few posters left before you know it. it's a shame because it used to be a great site. farrel gave the young armanians to much power & protected them from lms, hopeful & others. now it's come back to bite him in the ass. i hope it comes back to the way it was. only time will tell.

rtc

rtc

Wantego:

Congratulations! That's a thick mop you have for 5 months; you are a fast grower by comparisopn to other weblogs. I would be thrilled and delighted if my results are like yours at the 5 month mark. Hairline pics look awesome too. Great stuff.

Dr. Rahal - 4069 Grafts - December 11, 2008

1's - 720, 2's - 2197, 3's - 1152 = Total Hair - 8570

Proscar 1 mg - Rogaine 5% - Nizoral 1% (3 times a week)

My Hair Loss WebLog