My follicular journey

pushing 40

Hey Bro, thanks. Yes it is weird. I used to sit and rub my bald forehead when reading or something. Now I reach up there and there is hair! Very strange. The biggest difference is from a side or angles profile; thats when those big bald temple areas looked like the size of football fields. I was just inspecting my hair line tonight and the hairs are still so skinny and thin. Supposedly they will thicken up so hopefully that will add to the density.

So, gonna take the plunge?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leaning towards it. I have gotten in touch with one of Dr. Hassons' patients in LA (I live in San Diego) so hopefully I can see a ht first hand. That will really help push me over the edge. My biggest concern is permanent shockloss, which I was told in my case wasnt a considerable factor. But I want get a better understanding of the difference between a 'terminal'and 'vellous' hair.

Bottomline: if I knew I was going to get your results I would be on a plain tonight.

• 1 month later...

man, after looking at these pics several times I gotta say something. You had complained about the temporary kinkiness/friziness issue as you had stated you've always had very straight hair, but I gotta say I would never notice that at all. Your hair looks perfectly normal and natural. Some guys end up looking like they have pubes' growing on the top of their head. Even if it is only temporary.

You had grafts placed in the front half only, correct?

Can somebody tell me when they divide the head up into "thirds" as is commonly called, does the crown comprise an entire third?

Holy shit. You look like a Baldwin brother or one of the Sheen clan. It really is amazing the transformation that has taken place. I find it phenominal what a difference a couple of months can make. It only makes me want to speed up time to see what my results will look like at the 9 month mark.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

pushing,

Hey...........lookin' great, my man! I remember when you were contemplating HT and I'm psyched for you that you went for it.............I'll be you are too! You were really in a great position only having to focus on the front 1/3-1/2 not having any crown issues..................like some of us poor unfortunate souls!!!!! :-)

Contgrats to you!!! And, as Bill mentioned, you're not done yet, you may get more growth and will definitely thicken some!

Enjoy!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey, thanks guys!! You all made my day! I guess seeing it every day over the long term I don't realize how different it is. I am very happy with it so far. I have been getting it trimmed up every few weeks but hopefully will be able to let it grow now since most of the frizzy ends have been cut off. I get a little surprise every now and then with new tiny little baby hairs still popping out. The hairs themselves seen to be getting thicker in diameter also just like you guys said they would.

hi pushing 40

my first comment on your post,your results are truly great and are an inspiration to everyone.i wish you every happiness in life and a hairy one at that

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 9 months later...

Dang, that's a great result! You look like Alex Van Halen in those last couple of shots.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Pushing 40,

Wow, it's been a long time. But I'm glad to see you back. I know it's easy to leave and get on with life after getting your hair back, but I hope you won't forget about your hair loss suffering friends here on our community icon_wink.gif.

You are certainly one hairy beast! Dr. Hasson has done it again.

Thanks for coming back to share your 18 month results. I hope you will join in some of the discussion occasionally. Your input has always been valuable.

We would have loved it if you were able to join us in Montreal for our recent 10 year anniversary of the Hair Transplant Network party. But you can still join in on our virtual celebration here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hotdamn! You really are a hairy beast! icon_smile.gif Hasson's skill combined w/ that many grafts has really given you outstanding density and a near-flawless head of hair.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks. I am very, very happy with it. The difference it has made in my appearance, according to my family and my gleeful smiling and staring in the mirror, is pretty dramatic. I look younger, feel WAY more confident in my appearance, and am just basically "at peace" with how I look now. I have always been in very good physical condition (as in I look really good naked according to many icon_wink.gif, with the washboard abs and all that. But the balding ripped away a certain aspect from my appearance that made me simply uncomfortable in my own skin. I think there is nothing worse than to feel that way and not be able to change that "thing" through hard work or exercise or whatever. In this case, it simply took a few thousand dollars, an extremely skilled surgeon and staff, and a supportive family. Works for me!!

Pushing 40 -

Wow, you look like a new man. We both had our HTs around the same time frame and it was nice to follow your journey. How does it feel now to comb your hair in the morning? Isnt it great!

HAIRFREE

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07

3489 grafts - 7571 hairs

455 single hairs

1986 double hairs

1048 three hairs

• 2 weeks later...