My follicular journey

pushing 40

Thanks guys. Yeah, this swelling is bad. This morning my eyes are almost shut. Last night I was "inspecting" things and was shocked by the attention to detail Dr. Hasson put into this. The way the hairs are directed and laying exactly like the naturally occuring hairs in an area and the "fanning" of hairs as they change direction where there were none but now are is amazing. Damn I hope this turns out good.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pushing-

You hairy SOB! I KNEW he was going to hit a home run with you. This post cannot possibly convey how envious I am of the density, hairline and overall HT result you are going to have. You hairy stud-muffin, you!

I have to be STOKED with those results. And here you were second-guessing the whole thing....................how dare you????

I hope you'll stay true to use full-head-of-hair wannabe's back at HTN and post results to see how it comes in. You're gonna be one happy camper, dude!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks HB. Yes, I am truly stoked! I thought I wouldn't really be excited until it grew in but the minute I saw the finished product you could not wipe the smile off my face. I was just immediately tickled shitless over the whole thing and still am. The swelling is bad today and the wierd itching in the incision is driving me nuts but being retired, I can just sit here at home and deal with it patiently. I'm going to post some more photos later once I get them resized; they're all like 2meg right now so just too big to post. My wife was shocked at the density of it; she didn't realize he would be able to put the hair so close together and thick like this. Hell, I guess I didn't either really. I am definately a happy camper. I think it will look pretty good once it is grown in. And I will definately continue posting my progress.

Glad to hear you'll post progress. For the number of grafts you had in that area, you should have one of the best overall results to date.

Sorry to hear about the swelling, man. Once it sets in there's not much you can do but wait it out. Just sit back in the recliner with the remote in hand and find one of those feminine channels that talk about hairstyles..............you'll have plenty to experiment with in a short while!!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

"...you could not wipe the smile off my face."

I actually remember thinking that had I tried, I would have failed miserably. Hey, I'm glad you made home safely and it was great having you here. I look forward to watching your progress unfold.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi

I would think he would have lots of swelling due to the dense packing in the frontal area.. ICE ICE ICE and don't sleep flat!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Pushing:

Hey, sorry about my delay in posting on your progress, but MAN, YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I can't even imagine how good that's gonna look when it grows in. Congrats on an amazing procedure and keep us posted!

40--- your going to look great---- your wife better start worrying!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy for you my friend--- it is quite exhilarating right now isn't it?

Anyway, just remember to take it easy and relax--- time to settle in and take care of those precious little guys!!!!!!

Otherwise, I see a little purple Bill clone showing up at your door to steal them!!!!!!!

Congrats and Happy Healing!!!!!!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks guys! And yes, it really is exhilarating! Facial swelling is bad but I didn't realize until this morning that my whole head is swollen also. I went to put on a ball cap to check the mail and had to adjust it WAY out to even be able to sit it on top of my head! Sleeping is a real pain in the ass also. I'm waking up every time I move my head because of the staples. It feels like you have a rope wrapped around the back of your head.

I have GOT to quit stopping every time I walk by a mirror. I just can't help it though. I can't get over how dense he put the hairs. I took a close up pic of the transplanted area and a close up of a small patch I shaved on the side, put them together and compared the density. They pretty much match. Even the pattern of the way hair grows naturally is the same. I can chalk that up to Dr. Hasson's experience and expertise I guess. Hopefully this means I'll be able to grow/style it pretty much any way I want. Give me another week to calm down and I'll stop muttering on I think. We'll see icon_smile.gif.

And let's hope Bill doesn't decide he wants them since he probably bench presses twice my body weight on a daily basis. icon_razz.gif

Pain pills icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Pushing 40,

That looks great. I think we'll have to start calling you Pushing 30 now.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey Gorp!

Man, I remember over a year ago joking with you on this forum right before your first txplant; now you've already had your 2nd and I finally did mine. Following you for a year and seeing how natural yours turned out was a big push for me!

And by the way Gorp, don't take offense, but even if your honey's face wasn't blocked out in that picture, we'd STILL be staring at a certain other "admirable" portion of her anatomy! icon_biggrin.gif

My scalp hurts!! Is this normal. I am mostly numb in donor and recipient areas but the top of my head where nothing was done is very sensative. You know how if you sleep on your hair wrong all night and then run your fingers thru it, it kind of hurts on the scalp surface? That is how this feels. Very annoying. No infection or anything visible but it is uncomfortable.

On a positive note, my wife says the scar already looks awesome. She says most of the length of it you can't even see where the skin goes together and the other spots are only a very tiny pinkish line.

Normal stuff 40!!!! Glad to hear your still alive........

Make sure you really take it easy, cool?

Power to the Hair Challenged!!!!

=) J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks guys, puts my mind at ease. (man I wish I was only pushing 30) Taking the staples out tomorrow, can't wait! These things do suck when it comes to sleeping. Putting the towel under my neck does help to fall asleep but keep waking up with a headache from moving and laying on them while I'm sleeping. And I get to buzz my head as soon as they're out! My son has a regionals speech contest Saturday in Cleveland and I'll be going "aunatural" for it since I can't bring myself to wear a baseball cap with a suit.

Always remember: "dockers are NOT dress pants"...........

Hang in there 40,

Yes, staples are a pain. I remember counting the days until I could remove those suckers. It's a HUGE relief when they're out and gone for good! If they bother you just think of the new hairstyles you'll now have access to in a short while!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm looking forward to taking them out but nervous at the same time. The back of my head feels so freakin' tight it feels like it would split back open without the staples. Well, maybe not that tight but you know what I mean. If I touch my chin to my chest, its really tight back there.

I've also been putting vitamin E oil on my recipient area and donor scar for the last few days; it helped A LOT with the crusties coming off (almost completely gone now) and stopped the itching in the donor scar completely. It also seems to have helped with the redness but that might have just been the coincidence of passing time.

Pushing 40

Lucky you getting your staples out tomorrow, Dr. Hasson wants to leave mine in for another week. I know exactly what you mean by your head feeling tight, there is no pain just uncomfortable like you said sleeping or should I say trying to sleep. I do my sleeping shifts, little here a little there, but then its all worth it in the long run...Cheers