So good so far

JacobS

Yep, what a change! Epstein is also on my "top docs" list. Nice work around the "island of hair" that you had, pretty much what was done for me too. Keep taking Finasteride to save what's behind!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• Administrators

JacobS,

Congratulations on some very natural and dense results. You were heading for a Phil Collins hairline but you have really turned it around.

Just last week I spent the day watching Dr. Jeff Epstein and his staff doing surgery. In my opinion he and his clinic's work is outstanding.

The surgery I watched was a dense packed session of around 3,400 follicular unit grafts. Dr. "E", as his staff calls him, was using custom cut blades as small as .6mm for the single hair grafts. This is incredibly small and as you know results in minimally invasive incisions and fast healing with great growth rates.

I can see the excellence of he and his staffs work in your after photos.

Thanks for sharing - cheers, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Jacob,

It looks great! I recognize your screen name, but haven't really followed your story.

Was this your first transplant?

Did you have any shock loss?

Did your doctor outline a plan for future treatments?

I'm asking all this because you got a significant improvement with only a medium sized session. It really turned your hair line around! But you will likely loose more hair in the forelock area, no?

So, I'm just wondering if you and Dr Epstein discussed a plan for the future. Again, it looks great. And you're just about 6 months out, correct?

Markcia/ Lonez/ Terry/ Pat and BobC thanks for the kind words.

BobC to answer your questions; this is my first run. I am 7 months out and I don't recall much shockloss except around the scar line in the weeks post op. My forehead has always been naturally high and recessed in the temples (even mid teens) so a mature conservative hairline was an easy decision for doctor and I. A couple of pluses for me is that I don't have a baldspot, I take propecia, and my hairloss has been slow/ gradual and from the front only. My hairs are quite course and despite the fairly low density in my donor area, it looks and feels dense on my head now that I have grown it out and I'm sure much because of my doctor's placement.

Regards

Jacob -

Your results look amazing. You got a great hairline now.

I have a question for you. You said "basically 800 grafts in each temple and another 740 in the "island" to build up the hairline and ensure some symmetry when the island completely thins out."

So you had placed 740 grafts in the area where you already have decent hair. Did you notice any shock loss in this area??

I am also thinking about placing grafts in the area where I have 30-45 grafts/cm2 coverage (same as yours in the front before your HT), and I am really concerned about the hair loss from shock. So I am trying to do research on whoever had grafts placed in the area with already ok/decent coverage. Let me know your experience.

Thanks man,

KG

Wow JacobS,

Very outstanding results. You must be extremely pleased. Looks like your work is done assuming no more native hair is lost.

I just went for round 2 getting 2249 grafts placed mostly in the front, and very few in the back. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Bill

KG- With regard to shockloss I really did not notice any shockloss in the front, perhaps some of those grafts never shed. I did have a thin line ( almost like a parting) between temple and island on one side for about 5.5 months and to tell you the truth I was a little worried but it started to fill in almost immediately after that (the 5.5 month mark). Dr. Keane advised you on shockloss and the only thing I can say is that the experience varies from person to person from what I have read. I love what Dr Keane did with the back of your head though, She is a master or mistress (not sure what the correct gender is for the use of this word ) of her craft.

Bill- thx for kind words. I'm sure I'll have another procedure as time passes although I still dread the 1-4 month stage.

Dr Katz again? Looking forward to seeing your next result around Christmas. Hope you are single so that you can take advantage icon_smile.gif otherwise watchout Mrs Bill!

• 4 weeks later...

Brando, JetFlyBoy thanks.

Brando- my social life has improved dramatically hehe....apparently the buzzcut was not working for me cause I am getting a totally different response from the fairest sex.

Jetflyboy- Scar still feels a little tender and is noticeable with a #3 so (a #4 is as low as I go now). It's a nice thin scar albeit still a little red. I'll ask someone to take a photo of the back of my head and post.

Originally posted by JacobS:

Brando, JetFlyBoy thanks.

Brando- my social life has improved dramatically hehe....apparently the buzzcut was not working for me cause I am getting a totally different response from the fairest sex.

Jetflyboy- Scar still feels a little tender and is noticeable with a #3 so (a #4 is as low as I go now). It's a nice thin scar albeit still a little red and ear to ear. I'll ask someone to take a photo of the back of my head and post.

Wow!!!! What great results!!!! You gotta be pleased with that. I would say you got your money's worth and should be very happy. My first HT just got me to where you started. I hope my second HT gives me the results that you now have.

Now go take your life back and take care of those responses from the fairest sex!!!!