1800 FU W/Dr. Keene 6/18/09, massive shock loss to donor area (strip)

dustinp

Just wanted to know what any of you may think about this. . . check out the picture. . . my HT was only 30 days ago, but is this normal? Should I expect it to grow back??? Sorry for the crapy picture, I don't have anyone here to take it for me right now. . .

Thanks everyone!

Dustin

donor.jpg.d82fe94e56640b0cb8e7c177bc7d26b5.jpg

Just wanted to know what any of you may think about this. . . check out the picture. . . my HT was only 30 days ago, but is this normal? Should I expect it to grow back??? Sorry for the crapy picture, I don't have anyone here to take it for me right now. . .

Thanks everyone!

Dustin

Damn. The good thing is that it does look like "classic shockloss", and Dr. Keene is obviously competent; so, I agree that I'd expect it to all grow back in due time, though it certainly sucks that you were unlucky to have such s-loss.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Damn. The good thing is that it does look like "classic shockloss", and Dr. Keene is obviously competent; so, I agree that I'd expect it to all grow back in due time, though it certainly sucks that you were unlucky to have such s-loss.

classic shockloss? Please define this.

Ya, what PGP said. I basically just meant that it looks totally consistent with common/"classic" shockloss associated with the surgery that would be temporary.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hey Dustin.. are you finasteride? I've heard that the meds can stave off shock loss.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Wow.. It does look extensive. We are positive here that the tech didn't get ambitious with the clippers prior to the strip removal right?

luckily seems that people who experience shock loss generally have it back (though it may take many months).

I would still see the Doc about that and make sure she is satisfied that she did not clip some crucial blood network during the excision.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on progress.

Hi

Check out my Blog an you'll see I had some extensive shockloss under the strip on the right side.

What surpises me with your pattern is it seems to be above the strip, unless it is shaved- your photo is very poor quality..You may get better Feedaback if you take some better shots

You need to talk to your Doc about this and keep us updated

Good Luck

the picture is not very clear... if your hair is too short, then some scalp will be seen... shock loss seem to vary from person to person & doc to doc...

Good Luck anyways.

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

I've had permanent shock loss in the donor area. It's had me so bummed out, I stopped updating my blog months ago. It's better than it was, but it appears to be permanent at 11 months out. I actually just finished emailing Dr. Keene to see what to do about it.

S5H

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Keene

3700+ Grafts with Dr. Keene 8/26/08 & 8/27/08

9600+ Total Hairs

I can comb it down to hide it but I really don't care what it looks like right now. . . as long as it comes back. . .I will post a few pics, one with a line drawn where the actual incision was. . . Also, I wear my hair a bit long in the back at the bottom so it is deceiving, but I feel that my donor hair was taken somewhat higher than most I have seen. Any comments??? thanks everyone.

shock.JPG.23e0457e831e304576dfb62dcb3e897f.JPG