X5 Laser Radiation

Hello,

Would like to find out if any of you guys tried the new X5 hair laser product & if it's safe to use radiation wise.

It's awaiting FDA approval according to Spencer Forrest (the company who sales it).

It's says "Laser Radiation" on the product. What does it mean? Is it safe to use even though it's not approved yet?

Thanks for your input.

Guest wanthairs

sky....

There is scant evidence that lasers do anythign for hair. There is far more evidence showing tis a total scam. You can do a search fro Dr. Feller and read his articles on these lasers.

• Moderators
There is scant evidence that lasers do anythign for hair. There is far more evidence showing tis a total scam. You can do a search fro Dr. Feller and read his articles on these lasers.

A few well know people saying it doesn't work, but who have never actually tried it or done any study is not what I consider evidence that it doesn't work.

If you read posts on various forums and such I think you'll find that most people who say it doesn't work are those who never used it and most people who have used one say it does work.

Don't compare a home use comb or device with laser hoods used a few times a week at a doctors office. You can have 1000 people use rogaine 2 or 3 times a week and they won't get anywhere near the same growth results as a group of people using it twice a day as suggested.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

another piece of garbage to place on the shelf next to the laser comb

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

l bought mine 4 weeks ago. What made me decide on this one was after l read the CEO of Spencer Forrest interview.The maker of Toppikk in one publication. He said, he had used the other popular one hair-max and he did see some improvement and when he viewed it closely he saw room for possible improvement thus the basis for the X5 design. The X5 he said, design ergornomically and it's expected to be more effective becuase he build in more laser lights than any one of it's kind in the market.

l research on this very well. l read Dr. Bernstein's view on laser hair regrowth. He is actually using it in his clinic for his patient. l also sort Bill's view on laser hair growth device(not an endorsement mind you, he was very neutral about it). But what finally sold me on this, was the 6 months garranty.

Godzluv69

Post some pics of yourself now, and then again in 6 months. We may all learn something, and if you need that "guarantee", you will have excellent documentation, plus lots of guys may comment on how well it works; or that you should get your money back. Either way, we will all learn something.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Radiation is not quite the serious and sinister term it is usually associated with in the minds of the average person. While images of Cheyrnobal, 3 mile island, and Dr. Bruce Banner may come to mind, the truth is that many everyday items also radiate. An excellent example is a flashlight, a burning match, or even your cell phone.

I believe the company used the term "radiation" solely as a marketing term to impress on their potential customers the supposed seriousness of their product. It is yet another in a long line of deceptions promulgated by the so-called "laser hair growth" industry to trick desperate hair loss suffers into parting with their hard earened money. My suggestion is not to buy into it.

People who have results from these types of products always seem to "talk" about how it helped them but never show pics. I wonder why?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I just bought this product and using this for abt a week now. In my case it really is working. There is a considerable improvement in my hair loss.

I see a considerable hair loss whenever i shampoo my hair (it started happening for the past one year).....But after using this product for the first two times (believe it or not) there is a noticable difference in the hair loss.

In my case it is helping me stop hair loss.....I dont know if it will regrow hair.

I've been using the HairMax Laser Comb for 1 year now. I haven't noticed any significant regrowth except for possibly thickening my existing hairs; however, the Laser Comb has considerably helped with my dandruff.

My scalp is much more clean or what I like to term normalized. Prior to using the Laser Comb, my scalp would occasionally get dry/itchy/oily. This was even with using Nizoral and/or Tea Tree Oil shampoo. Now, I don't use Nizoral and only use Tea Tree Oil shampoo. The Tea Tree Oil shamnpoo, along with Propecia, and using the Laser Comb every other day is helping keep things in place.

Also, there is a lot of talk about Nizoral helping regrow hair. My 2 cents on Nizoral is that it helped with my dandruff; however, it would dry out my hair. I never liked using Nizoral because of the SLS and other chemicals in it other than the active ingredient.

Post some pics of yourself now, and then again in 6 months. We may all learn something, and if you need that "guarantee", you will have excellent documentation, plus lots of guys may comment on how well it works; or that you should get your money back. Either way, we will all learn something.

That's a great idea, if you are inclined to try it despite the paucity of studies showing it's efficacy.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

skv001, there are times when i shampoo and lots of hairs come out. then there are times when none will come out. it has nothing to do with a laser, your hair simply goes through cycles.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere,

Worse than not showing photos, proponents of this "therapy" engage in deceptive before/after photo practices to mislead the public.

For example:

Look into the hairmax laser comb company website. They have the most deceptive photos I have seen regarding supposed growth from laser "treatments".

During a radio debate I had with both the owner and CFO of the company I called their company out on the disingenuousness of the photos. They had no defense for them and wiggled like snakes in a box to avoid addressing the issue.

Also please note that for all the photos they have on their site there is absoutely no medical information given nor history illuminating whether that patient takes REAL FDA APPROVED hair loss medication lke Propecia.

Red laser light is pretty, entertaining, and a bit mysterious-but it is not a "substance" as laser therapy advocates would have a lay public believe. It is a means of transfering energy and nothing more.

If all we had to do was illuminate our cells with light (of ANY kind) we wouldn't need to eat food. As it is, we are not plants, and so subjecting any part of our bodies to light will not impart any useful "energy" and most certainly will NOT positively affect our physiology in any meaningful way.

Let's not allow ourselves to become immersed in dark age pseudo-science and wishful thinking. Don't let the people in the highly unethical LLLT industry take advantage of you. You are smarter than that,better than that, and deserve more than that.

I agree with Dr. Feller. Hair patients are not the only group being deceived by this type of scam. A variety of facial rejuvenation options touting the miracle of sitting in front of an LED screen are available.

In an office I used to work in, we had such a device. I challenged all of the staff to follow the company's protocols, and sit with their eyes closed,in front of the screen for 40 seconds, once a week. After 4 months, of the entire group of 6, only 2 felt they had any improvement, and they couldn't convince the other 4, nor me, nor the secretaries that didn't participate, of any change. Mind you, that actual paying patients were to pay 125.00/ per 40 second treatment!

As a contract doctor at that facility I had no decision to bring on that device, I didn't make any money from it, and as a big skeptic to anything that sounds too good, I only wanted to test this on a "control group" of office staff volunteers.

The hype about light therapy on hair strikes me as the same scam, so I challenge anyone to post their before and after pics. Convince me that it is not a waste of money, or a ploy to get patients into a hair practice for conversion to transplants when the results aren't visible.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with what Dr's Feller and Lindsey have said,The laser is a con and the companies that push them prey on the unsuspecting members of hairloss community who maybe wont to believe it works and therefore believe what they are told by these reps.There is a well known hairloss centre in London that pushes laser treatments as well as very expensive

shampoos,lotions,potions and propecia.The prices they charge are out of this world and the pictures they show are not convincing.After spending thousands of pounds on this crap you could of had a HT with a top doc and be smiling!!!.Its lucky we have the internet these days.

HT 2006/7

Hi Hairthere,

I totally agree with you that hair goes through cycles and there will be times when we shampoo, a lot of hair comes out and sometime it will not.....but when i said that the improvement is considerable, i meant CONSIDERABLE....it is little hard to believe that it is just a coincidence.

or it could be that, i stopped worrying abt my hair after buying this product and because of that my hair loss is reduced.....i really dont care abt the actual reason as long as it works icon_smile.gif

i hear ya sky, but without any conclusive evidence that it's actually the laser helping to retain hair, it's somewhat wrong to assume it's that, post on a hairloss board, and lead others to believe this product actually works.

i know for a fact that my hairloss was effectively reversed thanks to an ht and i have the photo documents (pre, immediate post, post op 9 months) to prove it. i cannot say the same for any laser enthusiast i have come across on these boards.