Regret Your HT?

Predator

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that really does look great if i were you i would be over the moon about those results at 5 months you have great growth hope mine gets growth like yours

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi All

I have lost a few grafts on both sides in the hairline and the itching and numbness are still there also strange sensations. We'll see what the next two months bring.

I have not used any Rogaine or any other stuff and only take propecia. i dont want to try colouring the hair as I have never had a good experience with it. might change my mind.

A lot of guys must be wondering why I'm downbeat about the results, which basically look good. This has been a roller coaster ride with ups and downs side effects beyond the scope of this site and a tiredness with my own vanity- Frankly I wish I belonged to the group of guys who "Don't give a Fork" about hair loss

You might comb your hair in the morning and think "Where the hell did the style from last week go?", but a HT concentrates you on your hair to such an extent that it's hard to see the wood for the trees. I don't want to do this again

• 1 month later...

So here I am at just over 6 Months

According to the general consensus there is much more to come. But I won't have lost if it stays the way it is.

The hair is very soft and wirery. I still suffer from numbness and itching even after all this time.

I can't and won't judge until month 10, I have had too many highs and lows.

my pics are as honest as I can make them perhaps you have inputs

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=3065&WebID=920

Predator,

You seem to be a lot happier now that you are a lot further along in the procedure, which is typical. Nobody likes the discomfort and healing and waiting phases after the procedure - but most enjoy the hair growth that follows.

You are well on your way and already have a magnificent result.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Predator:

I still suffer from numbness and itching even after all this time.

If it is any consolation, I had numbness and weird scalp sensations for almost an entire year after my surgery.

As a side note, I remember just after my surgery, I felt an an impending sense of doubt/doom. I woke up in the middle of the night almost in a panic asking myself "what the heck did I just have done!?!?" and "what if this was all a mistake!??!" I spoke to the doctor about it the following day and he assured me that feeling like that was not out of the ordinary; after all, I did just have surgery.

(You and I had the same doctor so I'm not surprised you are happy with your results! You are coming along very nicely!)

Hi Thanks all

Hope to post again on the 27th of March at 7 Months. I have noticed a real improvement. At the same time I have been loosing in certain areas, but I guess it balances itself out.

As Goldilocks mentions, what we tend to forget is this is quite invasive surgery, I had 2900 needles go into 45cm2 of my frontal head and a bucket of saline solution over the area. That has to lead to extensive nerve damage, itching, redness and sensation and swelling.

The issue of the recovery phase is not one we talk about often, cos it's different for everybody I suppose. But I guess most who have done this, know that you pay an price on the way to the results, which is forgotten when you have them.

I'd like to change the title of my Thread, as I said I might and I am grateful for the kind encouragement of this community

The melon's looking awesome Predator! Nice results especially this early.

Hopefully your existing hair doesn't plan on having any more loss so you won't have to take this ride again (most will). Looks like your existing hair was pretty strong with little or no signs of thinning so you're ahead of the game.

Best of luck to you and hopefully after all the healing runs it's course you'll have no regrets at all!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eman I'm pretty cautious

I dont want to praise the day before the evening

The title of my thread is no longer valid, as I considered back then. It's been a "bastard ride", but the results are such that many guys would like to have. I'm wondering if I am finished at 8 Months or if more is to come. When I look in the mirror I am still amazed and somewhat disconcerted. What the real benefit of this has been is my hairloss is no longer a central issue in my life- for the time being

Eman I'm pretty cautious

I dont want to praise the day before the evening

The title of my thread is no longer valid, as I considered back then. It's been a "bastard ride", but the results are such that many guys would like to have. I'm wondering if I am finished at 8 Months or if more is to come. When I look in the mirror I am still amazed and somewhat disconcerted. What the real benefit of this has been is my hairloss is no longer a central issue in my life- for the time being

Dude, ur hair is great. I would love to have results like yours, i am almost five months now (will post my experience soon). And i feel good and much more confidence icon_smile.gif.

Are u happy about it? from scale 1 to 10, do you mind sharing with us how satisfied are you with the results? 10= best.

And what is next for you? are you about to move on or are you still thinking about hair loss?

thank you for taking the time to answer my questions icon_smile.gif.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

Petro

Hair loss is progressive. Most of the guys here have had more than one HT. This operation takes a year to get to the final stage and even if you take propecia you are going to find some loss, during that phase to your baseline hair

At present i'd give it an 8. There are elements of what Rahal did that I don't like much, the firmness in the hairline on the right side-but the general picture is excellent.

I will report every month until month 12. Then I might be looking at FUE to fill in some gaps in the hairline- But we'll see

Petro

Hair loss is progressive. Most of the guys here have had more than one HT. This operation takes a year to get to the final stage and even if you take propecia you are going to find some loss, during that phase to your baseline hair

At present i'd give it an 8. There are elements of what Rahal did that I don't like much, the firmness in the hairline on the right side-but the general picture is excellent.

I will report every month until month 12. Then I might be looking at FUE to fill in some gaps in the hairline- But we'll see

thank you for sharing and your time.

-----------------------------------

Dr. Rahal 2745 grafts (3-Dec-08)

I'd like to change the title of my Thread, as I said I might and I am grateful for the kind encouragement of this community

I vote you keep the title as is. It was an honest question at the time that I am sure is shared by many who undergo this procedure without having a good concept of the pregnancy period.

All I have to say is awsome..............Wait till your at 18 months...the difference is night and day...I really mean that...And I'm talking from expirience...

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Thanks guys

I dont really want to do this again if I can help it. You only know what it is like when you go through the phases. There is a price to pay for anything good. I look at my blog from day one last August and I'm teleported back to how I felt each month.

I've read that month 8-10 are impressive, as I have said. But if this is as good as it gets, than I will certainly be content

Predator,

I'm glad your "content" w/your hair situation now, but I can't help but be brutally honest here: I would be over the fu$king moon and I don't think I would be "regretting it" at ANY stage you went through! Your hair looks AMAZING! In your last two pictures (8 months) your hair literally looks like James Dean and the wet slick back one (the WORST condition you can make it) is dense as hell w/a juvenile hair line to boot. It looks enviable even among men w/no hair loss. Women HALF your age (20 yrs old) are giving you looks; I'm sorry dude, but I would be giving this experience a 20 out of 10.

Did you do your research? What exactly were you expecting? Even in your "worst" of phases it really wasn't that bad. Some guys w/native hair lose ALL of their native hair and take three steps backwards (totally bald) for many months. And LOL complaining about the "grey" hair. I can't even see ANY grey hairs!?!? Even *if* it was significantly grey, which it's not, everyone knows mens hair tends to grey from the bottom up so you would know that your donor hair is going to grey earlier than your native. Besides, your 40 years old man, your going to grey! Heard of hair dye? Itchiness? If I had to choose between a bald head or an itchy head full of HAIR for LIFE I would choose the latter seven days a week and twice on Sunday; let alone a head of hair as enviable as yours!

Your result is nothing short of fantastic. I really don't know what you were expecting going into this. If I were Rahal I might want to refuse a patient such as yourself, but on the other hand I'd want to make you my poster boy because surely most people have some common sense. Sorry, just some tough love because I give your results a 20 out of 10! icon_redface.gif

Now stop counting your two grey hairS, rubbing vaseline on your "itchy" spots, and get out there and get some of those 20 year old girls a la your Rahal pelo! icon_eek.gif

PS perhaps a 50 year old bottle of scotch is in order to thank a certain someone in Ottawa.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Predator,

I've read your thread a couple times in the past and must say thanks to Ron J for his brutal honesty. Your hair looks amazing. When I read your posts I imagine a person who is only moderately happy or just barely satisfied with his results. You had a great head of hair for a forty year old, and it looks fantabulous now. 99% of this forum would pay any amount of money for that mop on your head.

Stop with the "content" talk and go harass some women......

RON is totally right about some patients ridiculous expectations. This could be a completely separate area for discussion. Some patients will never be happy. That just goes with the psychology of the patient, their knowledge of the procedure, and the physicians description of the surgery and potential outcomes. Ultimately the physician can refuse treatment for any reason he or she chooses. In the case of hair transplants, patients usually show up fairly unhappy with their current appearance and overall self esteem is quite low.

The pre-op pictures usually verify this. In this common scenario it must be difficult for the physician to predict which patients will be "content" with spectacular results. I would be interested to hear from one of the physicians on this matter and how they deal with patients who feel their results are sub par, but in actuality

have achieved the expected outcome.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009