Regret Your HT?

Predator

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no Predator!! Now you just hang in there.

Your scalp looks fine to me (i.e., in the photos) and you know it is too early for results.

For itching I am a strong believer in using oils and copper peptides to help.

My favorite oils are rosehip oil, neem oil and emu oil. The best for me is neem oil but it is stinky for some guys. I find neem oil to be very soothing, but so are rosehip and emu oil.

Oh heck, any decent oil will help IMHO. Some guys like olive oil.

Just get one of those oils, and maybe try copper peptides, to help with the scalp itch, healing, etc.

Just give it time. Your scalp looks healthy to me FWIW.

Da**, I wish you were right here, I'd put a few squirts of oil on your head!! icon_smile.gif

Edit: I forgot to ask. Do you have any ascorbic acid (vitamin C) lying around? If so, crush a tablet, mix with a little water, then "slap" that concoction on your scalp and it will help your skin regrow collagen.

It will sting at first but it is one of the best things you can do for your skin. You can "look it up" Predator! It's cheap and very effective. Just use the vitamin C and water concoction immediately. You listen to Old Baldy on this one. icon_biggrin.gif

(Cosmetic companies have spent a fortune trying to make a stable derivative of vitamin C [i.e., so it can mimic its actions in a form that doesn't degrade fast like vitamin C does]. Vitamin C is really one great treatment for your skin. )

You have to remember Predator, you went through surgery. Minor surgery but surgery nonetheless.

Another edit: I just slapped some vitamin C and water on my scalp. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Abby:

I am now approximately 8 months post-op and have experienced some growth. My H/t growth has been a little slow comming but Im sure by 12 months post-op I'll be fine,that'll include thickness and maturity etc. I must admit the wait has been agonizingly long . You have days everything looks fine and some days not so fine so you have your ups and downs untill you experience the real thing (real growth). Basically, patience is the essence. " [All good things come to those who wait] " after all patience is a virtue.

Abby your pictures interested me since you keep your hair so short. I like short hair. Any chance of an 8 month picture update?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I regret mine, only because I wish I had waited a bit longer to get it done and done by a more capable surgeon. I'm still going to be fine, and it looks "passable" when SHAVED. But then it reveals the scar. Luckily I'm in a profession where it's not an issue at all, but it still does raise questions sometimes. Anyway, i'll get it straightened out eventually.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Don't worry and hide all mirrors in your house! you are at the point where the transplanted hairs fall out and you arent seeing rapid growth. Sit tight. The next few months should start to pick up the pace.

I am at 11 months now and have seen tremendous growth.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=2494&WebID=920

On the 27th of December I will be at months 4 and will post a comprehensive set of pics both wet and dry. I feel it has been filling in well from above the hairline, still lossin the middle and limited growth in the corners as expected

Originally posted by livingalie:

flyby its great to see that you are such an expert on nerve damage and how the nerves " reconnect themselves " do everyone a favor and dont talk about something if you are clueless about it.

certain nerve types can grow back together, some cannot (spinal). Go google the truth yourself.

Originally posted by maxhair:
Originally posted by Eman:

My crown itches too and I had no work done in that area.

Yeah same here, no work on crown and it's itchy. Middle and sides itch a little too.

Did you guys get an explosion of dandruff? I got alot about the 2 month mark. I think it may be psoriasis though, although my family has no history.

YES, I REGRET IT! Not because the of the transplanted hairs, but because the way the donar scar healed and stretched too wide. My hair looks fine cut with a #2 or #3 guard, except for the very noticable scar. My hair is not full enough to wear it longer to cover the scar. Still hoping for improvement though. icon_frown.gif

Gentelmen please note the following

1- Scalp itchiness, pain and slight dandruff is totally normally in the early stages

2- It takes about 6-8 month for your donor area to heal and the nerves to repair themselves

3- With FUT , having a scar is normal although it should be slight if the doctor is using the mst recent closure technologies.

4- YOU CANNOT judge a result prior to a year post op , no exceptions!!

5- There are risks in everything you do including surgery. If you are not prepared to do the research,go through the recovery process, and take a low percentage risk ( with a qualified doctor) dont do it ...

I had 3 procedures and it has been a long road no doubt. NOW , 4 years later I never think about my hairloss and it looks perfect..

I am estatic with my result and the decision I made.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Bobilero:

Hey Predator. Did you do any research at all before getting the HT. ? Thats why its so important so you dont have unrealistic expectations post HT.

I understand everyone has different personalities and some worry needlessly more than others. Best thing to do is forget about the HT till at least the 8 or 9 month mark. Then give us all an update then on how the land lies. I would safely bet things will be a lot different for you then.

No I didn't do any research at all I just stuck a pin in the world map as I was blindfolded and landed in Ottawa. I looked for HT Doctors in Ottawa and found Sanjay Gubta and H Rahal. I selected Rahal as his surgery is opposite the beer store..

Of course I did no planning at all and did not surf dozens of Internet sites for many years..

Silly really

Originally posted by Predator:

One of my resolutions is not to give to much concern to the results developing until the 5 and 6 month mark. Even then I will not be too concerned if the results are not kicking in.

It will be the way it will be. I dont find it so bad even at 4 months

Having completed the 12 motnh wiating game, I can tell you that you will be very happy at the year mark. Your growth is already very good; much of the grwoth and thickening comes later, around month 10.

Guys who have more hair to begin with usually have higher expectations.

Hi predator

I understand your frustrations and all, i dont know what to tell you exactly and i dont want to play the wise guy about how many months you should wait or your expectations...i just want to say this.

Personally i think your hair and your hairstyle is awesome and i like it a lot, if i was you i wouldnt bother my head too much with this for a while and just wait.You look very good and stylish but loose the moustache lol

should we believe everything?

• 2 weeks later...

The itchiness is all secondary to dryness- use head and shoulders- among others, and simple white petroleum gel at night (light coating) will significantly help with the itching. Like others have said- the numbness will eventually fade away over time

Pred I'm surprised you still have numbness. You might want to ask the doctor about that. My numbness went away around month 2 or 3.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks for the inputs

Sounds sort of girly but I can do a lot more with the hair than I could before. Problem is I still do have a lot of itching an numbness and am often tempted to scratch and wash it up to four times a day. To avoid this I have gone for a very short cut- It all needed evening out anyway