Regret Your HT?

Predator

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the positive comments. I would like you guys to know how much support I have got from this site through my HT journey and how grateful I am for it.

@Lost my Swagger

Here is a picture of the crown, I have not lost anything there and have the same profile since I was a kid. I take 1.25mg Proscar each day, other than that nothing apart from using Polytar shampoo which I feel has helped me keep my existing hair. I am concerned that I am loosing in the middle and on the front right side, but in all honesty it is hard to be sure

Bild_125a.jpg.811c07110bd145948c1192861f11327a.jpg

@Lost my Swagger

Here is a picture of the crown, I have not lost anything there and have the same profile since I was a kid. I take 1.25mg Proscar each day, other than that nothing apart from using Polytar shampoo which I feel has helped me keep my existing hair. I am concerned that I am loosing in the middle and on the front right side, but in all honesty it is hard to be sure

thanks man, crown looks pretty good.....im sure even IF you lose the middle and front, which you may not, it will be a slow slow progression allowing you many many years of a great looking head of hair.....this is a victory IMO in the hairloss battle.. enjoyicon_smile.gif

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...opyID=3692&WebID=920

I'm at 10.5 months and won't post another set until 11, there is not much to report.

As I am 6 weeks away from the final result I would like to post my assessment.

Please bear in mind that the results are only tailored to me and what my expectation were at the time and how I see it now.

To start with a resounding thank you to Dr Rahal, he deserves the highest credit and recognition, no reflection if there are any elements of my procedure I may not be totally happy with, have anything to do with the overall excellent job he did on me and on so many others.

My aim was to replace my missing hair in the front, so that I could style the hair as I wanted to. Dr Rahal shaved away a lot of my existing hair in the centre to ensure I had no gap.

He assessed that the nature of my hair meant that I could get away with less grafts for a natural result and executed the concept we discussed, based upon his experience and I decided simply to trust his knowledge and let him do what he thought fit.

On the positive side it is clear I have a full head of hair again, that many guys would like to have. I have many more styling options than before. I get a lot of compliments on my hair, without anyone really knowing what I have done.

On the other hand there are a few things that I am not so happy with, but I can't honestly say any of them are a reflection on Dr Rahal's work.

Bear in mind that pictures are deceptive, the general impression of my hair pre-op was never as bad as the pictures I posted. Some of the post op pictures, ie the first one in the 10m set, is a lot more flattering that is really the case, trick of the light perhaps.

The right side never really filled in and the left temple has been getting thinner, so it is not possible to style my hair as I would like and the thin area on the right is visible wet or dry unless the hair is long.. This could be a result that the hair loss has been progressing since the OP as the grafts were growing, so there has been an exchange perhaps, not an increase. The set I liked the most was month 8 where it really felt very good, since then it seems to have dropped off.

I would not want to be compared to guys who get a result on a Norwood 5, I was only borderline Norwood 3, despite what my profile picture says and I had specific expectations, which would be different from theirs.

Perhaps some of these things will change in the rest of the growing phase, but as I was an early grower I doubt it.

So in conclusion, I probably have the best result that I could ever have expected on one HT, I know many guys have two or three. I'm a perfectionist; but realistic to realise you don't get perfection and as another Dr Rahal patient often said to me - a HT of 6000 hairs gives you an 'illusion' of a full head of hair, not a Johnny Depp mane that you can do everything with..

Regards

Pred