MEDICAL HAIR RESTORATION- DOC APPROVAL

I'm looking in to getting a hair transplant with Medical Hair Restoration. Anybody have any commnets on this organization? The Doctor's name is Dr. Arthur Katona working out of the Chicago area (Oak Brook, IL). Anybody heard of him and have any comments? Any help is appreciated.

I'm looking in to getting a hair transplant with Medical Hair Restoration. Anybody have any commnets on this organization? The Doctor's name is Dr. Arthur Katona working out of the Chicago area (Oak Brook, IL). Anybody heard of him and have any comments? Any help is appreciated.

mikeyk23,There is a recent post by one of Katonas victims you should read it also do a search for MHR using the search feature.You only have one life, finding this forum just saved it.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I looked through the search option for Dr. Katona but I didnt come across his name or one his victims/patients. When I met with him before he seemed like a very straight up guy who seemed very honest with me. ANY COMMENTS on this doctor?

Who do you recommend for me:

24 year old guy and I've had a receding hairline since I was 18. Now I have a receding hairline that goes about 2 in back with about 1 inch of hair in the middle.

mikey23,He was?He told you you were on the young side to be considering a h/t,that you would need more than one possibly several h/ts,that you will have an ear to ear scar,that you will never be able to buzz cut your hair,that a multi-bladed knife will be used on you(hopefully and regretfully only for the donor),that he does not use microscopes but 10+ year old technolgy that uses mini and micro grafts(fancy plugs) that cause skin deformities,that he will not be doing the majority of the work on you,that there are "no guarantees",and then give you the consent form to take home and reveiw?I am interested as to what you were told so that the record can be set straight for your sake.Or did he tell you what a "great candidate you were how great your hair was for an h/t ,what great results you would get and that there were no complications(just what you wanted to hear)?

No, actually he obvioulsy didnt mention all of the negative side effects tht come from surgery, not even the scar, shock loss, etc. He didnt say that he wouldnt be doing the whole surgery himself. I learned 100 x more in the last hour than the Doctor ever told me.

Well, obviously now I wont be going to get one from MHR (Katona).

Does anybody know what the cost is for Shapiro as I've been hearing that he is very popular and does great work???

Katona was going to charge me $4000 and the whole front of my head would be fixed. I think it was somehere around 2,200 grafts.

Hey,mikey23,The big irony to this is that DR.Shapiro is actually the same price or less than MHR so travel is the only incoveinience and may be taken into account by him for you.Travel is part of the deal with h/t rarely is there a decent doctor close by,there are just too few of them.I traveled 15 miles to get my MHR h/t(Boston has the best Drs.right?I thought so and was told he was brought here due to his advances in cloning hair, the only thing he brought was a new meaning to Boston Massacre) I have subseguently logged thousands of miles desperately trying to fix it.Your interests are best served by going to the mountain with all of your questions,the longer you stay here the more you will have, write them down and ask them.He will not lie to you or use semantics to seal the deal.

mikeyk23,

Dr. Konior has had a few patients post on their experiences with him on the forums. Click on the link above for his recommendation page, previous patient photos, and contact info. Also, do a search to read about his previous patient's experiences with him. To do this, just look under the "Find" button and enter "Konior" in the blank field. Be sure to uncheck the box that limits your search to just one forum for the best search results.

Here is his virtual consultation page.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

I have had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Katona. He gave me an accurate estimate of what I could accept and 9 months later, I already notice a great improvement. If you're expectations are realistic, you'll be satisfied.

Originally posted by mikeyk23:

• 3 weeks later...

I had Dr. Katona do some excellent work repairing a bad job from someone else. One year later, a scar revision he has done turned out great and the 1500 grafts he retrieved from the area truly thickened and softened my frontal hairline and beyond. He was straightforward and professional. I am going back for more work. I can't wait to see the results of this one. I totally recommend Dr. Katona and MHR. They seem to be the most professional organization out there.

Hello Mikeyk23,

I m from Chicago as well, did almost a year-long research before, finally 3 weeks ago I had my HT (1200+ grafts) through Dr. Ron Shapiro. I drove all the way upto Minneapolis (around 7 hours each way - nice driving though) from Chicago to have my HT.

I am pleased with his work and doing good so far.

Good Luck!

BobbyN

• 3 years later...

Dr. Katona told me that he is performing a scar removal technique that he invented about a year and a half ago that he is thinking will change the way all scars are removed.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

DO YOUR RESEARCH! I was 1 week away from making a HUGE mistake with a Dr. in in the chicago area, if you are going to look at a Doc in chicago take a look at Dr. Konior, after my research i am heading up north to have my procedure done with Dr Shapiro the end of June.. Best advice do your research! Also keep in mind travel and cost should never be an issue! Also as far as the costs for Dr Shapiro it's 4.50 a graph up to 2000 and 2.50 a graph for everything over 2000.. hope that helps!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

• 3 weeks later...

Stay Away!!!! Had my HT w/Katona & recieved a bad scar. More imporant, he did not fully explain the procedure to me & was only in the room for about twenty minutes. Go see Dr. Konior. True professional... Had my Fue into scar with him & wish I would have had my HT there. He spent three hours w/me and put in EVERY single graft..