Prothick Funny Story

NervousNelly

Thought you guys would get a good laugh. I had ordered some prothick after I read a post from Pat describing its benefits. It was ordered after my HT in August as I wanted it to thicken things up until I looked a little more natural. It was on back order for months for whatever reason and I just received the other day.

This morning before work I thought what the hell-"lets try it out". Firstly, that shit flies out of the can and secondly I didn't quite match the color correctly or the color isn't what it said it was?? Anyways, I had applied it and had no time to wash it out and start over--so off to work I went with a thick blonde streak in the frontal hairline and midcore area. I looked like a member of the "Flock of Seagulls" from the 80's.

I had a few interesting looks from patients and staff. My office manager finally asked what was up? I told her that I thought I used a hairspray can of my wifes but it was a coloring spray of some kind. Her response--"It makes you look like you are younger and have thicker hair. You should do it more often." I just laughed. icon_cool.gif

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Thought you guys would get a good laugh. I had ordered some prothick after I read a post from Pat describing its benefits. It was ordered after my HT in August as I wanted it to thicken things up until I looked a little more natural. It was on back order for months for whatever reason and I just received the other day.

This morning before work I thought what the hell-"lets try it out". Firstly, that shit flies out of the can and secondly I didn't quite match the color correctly or the color isn't what it said it was?? Anyways, I had applied it and had no time to wash it out and start over--so off to work I went with a thick blonde streak in the frontal hairline and midcore area. I looked like a member of the "Flock of Seagulls" from the 80's.

I had a few interesting looks from patients and staff. My office manager finally asked what was up? I told her that I thought I used a hairspray can of my wifes but it was a coloring spray of some kind. Her response--"It makes you look like you are younger and have thicker hair. You should do it more often." I just laughed. icon_cool.gif

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN,

That's hilarious, man. Sounds like I need to order some of that stuff...........give me that youthful "flock" appearance.

Sheesh, I haven't heard about the "Flock' for years.............like Duran Duran, The Police, Men at Work.........all those 80's bands. Brings back a few memories icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Reminds me of my GLH "Hair In A Can" days in my mid twenties. I'll never forget it. I looked at a picture of me and a young lady that I took to a college formal and there I am, grinning like a dork thinking I'm the man and I've got this blonde streak starting at my hairline all the way back to my crown. I NEVER noticed this before and had been using the same color (that was too light) for months. Needless to say I stopped using it right then and there but God only knows how many "skunk" pics of me might be floating around. I shudder to think of it!

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

NN

Considering we are in the same boat with the same doc, same time, from a ht. I am considering using something like that. I want to go out to the clubs next week for black wendsday. Since we have similar characteristics, do you think that would be beneficial or worth it?

You only live once...

got me thinking about the 80's so here's a link to " flock of seagulls "

has then and now pics that are interesting

IH

http://www.oz.net/~davester/AFOS/Band/band.html

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Arrie,

I personally like the use of hair thickening products on rare occasions only. I don't want to get to where I feel the need to use or insecure if I forget or whatever. They really can make one hell of a difference though. You would be amazed. For whatever reason I like Toppik. I know that most like Dermatch and maybe I am just a retard but I had a hard time applying it properly. Prothick is cool shit, but man does it fly out of the can. I feel you get less control of the amount when it streams out like that. Works very well though.

Irish homer--Thanks for the photos of the Flock of seagulls. I looked like the 1st guy (little less hair maybe icon_smile.gif)

As much as we all loved the 80's bands, don't you feel that in a way they _ucked us over because it was all about the hair. The main emphasis was the hair. There were the "hair bands", Howard Jones, The Flock, Duran Duran, U2, Wham, INXS, etc. Now a group can be popular and not have that awesome head of hair. Its more acceptable. Ex. 5 For Fighting--he had a HT. Not the best either.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

And I RAAAN I ran so far AWAY!

I like Dermatch the best as it creates the most nautral appearance. You can blend it easily

P.S. I couldn'nt get away!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!