im losing my mind

Jupiter

i cant stand this shit nemore, im about to just bick my head. bicking my head doesn't scare me, just fucking blowsw im not tryign to hide balding im tryign to fucking fix it. and all these shitty medications. " WE DONT KNOW EXACTLY HOW ROGAINE WORKS" "IT MAY NOT WORK ON EVERYONE" doesnt this seem like a fucking ceo was just like fuck it i have no idea lets just snakeoil these products. i hate my fucking life. fuck propecia too.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got so fed up i did the same, although i just buzzed down to a #1 guard. The stubble was fun to play with. and i actually loved the look for a few years but then decided i wanted options so i got the ht, but would still consider buzzing down in the future....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Jupiter,

Trust me, I completely understand your frustration. Looking in the mirror became more and more depressing as the years passed and Rogaine wasn't doing anything but giving me some extra peach fuzz that never matured in the crown.

As much as we hate losing our hair, being bald (shaving our head, etc) is the style today.

As much as hair loss sucks, don't let it ruin your life. Women are much more attracted to radiant personalities and confidence then hair and even how we look.

Bill

I agree w/ you Bill, but it's hard to have confidence and radience when your always self consious. I do shave my head down "even though i've already had a HT" and it looks better than it does when it's not shaved, but then im self consious about the scar. We cant win can we? If you keep your mind in the future "you can make it up if you want" then you always have something to look foward to. AKA a good HT and a fuller head of hair.

I can understand your frustrations, but I honestly must say I hope you don't talk like that in real life.

Just from a social standpoint I guess, you'll be much more successful in almost anything you do (except a rock star of course) wtihout all the F words, imo. I say an occasional one myself, but damn!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Also, I used to force myself to think about people with real serious afflictions; like the movie actor that has to walk on his hands and sort of scoot across the room. I saw a young kid a couple months back who had to do that.

How about being a little person? That'd suck worse. It's bad, but a lot of people in this world have bigger problems than a thinning head. Try to keep it in perspective.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Easier said than done! it is really frustrating to go through hair loss. It does not matter what age you are but its more frustrating when your young.

Jupiter, hang in there! you are definitely not alone....

as hairthere stated, just put a 1-guard on and shave it. Give it a try. You might like it and save yourself a boat load of money. Some people have the head for it.

I just did shaved my head last week. It was definitely shocking at first when seeing myself in the mirror, but I have grown to like the lack of having to worry about any kind of styling (not that I really did before?!?) or windy day.

Is this look for me? I don't think so. The GF says she likes it, friends say it looks good, my mom screamed and dad said "you are growing it back right?", and my sisters have mixed feelings about it. But ultimately it is what I think about it.

As much as I didn't want to shave my head, I feel now was the time to do it as once you have a HT a 1-guard is not really possible. I didn't want to always ask myself, what if I had just shaved my head? Now I know and making the HT decision has become a lot simpler for me.

Get the clippers out and give your melon a buzz!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

The reason why a "thinng head" is so horrific is that it sits at the precipice where it inflicts maximum damage amongst those afflicted, yet it also is "not so bad" to the point where it gets zero public sympathy, and is actually a point of vicious mocking.

The worst of both worlds, and when MPB pimp-slaps you at a young age it is a true psychological affliction in addition to the purely aesthetic carnage.

Jupiter, shave your head to a #2.5 or so, or try some concealer as a last resort. Your hair isn't at the point where it won't look very solid buzzed down -- I don't think you "need" to bic it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Dewayne:

Also, I used to force myself to think about people with real serious afflictions; like the movie actor that has to walk on his hands and sort of scoot across the room. I saw a young kid a couple months back who had to do that.

How about being a little person? That'd suck worse. It's bad, but a lot of people in this world have bigger problems than a thinning head. Try to keep it in perspective.

no offense but no i don't talk like that in real life, but i don't go around on hair forums talking to people i have no idea who they are. its the internet if you cant handle an f word go away.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Originally posted by Jupiter:

no offense but no i don't talk like that in real life, but i don't go around on hair forums talking to people i have no idea who they are. its the internet if you cant handle an f word go away.

You don't? And if everyone used it like you I'd probably go away. But, you're about the only one.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by whymewhy:

Easier said than done! it is really frustrating to go through hair loss. It does not matter what age you are but its more frustrating when your young.

Jupiter, hang in there! you are definitely not alone....

Uhh, I know. It was first pointed out to me that I was thinning a college fraternity party at 20 yrs. old.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Hair loss is emotional and gets to all of us. I was very upset with the way I looked and would wear a hat everywhere I went.

Dewayne and Jupiter, let's remember that we are all on the same side. Though I certainly don't choose to use swear words regularly, I certainly have the burning drive to use them when I'm really angry or upset, and sometimes, well, I must admit that I do.

Bill

Originally posted by Jupiter:

i hate my fucking life. fuck propecia too.

I'd go ahead and end it if I were you.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Test. icon_cool.gif

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

i know how you feel jupiter, i'm in exactly the same situation myself... I've always had longish hair and.... i really just can't bear the thought of shaving it off.... Plus the fact i gots a big head underneath! Though i might wait til i'm 18 and start using propecia etc. i realy can't do anything about my problem for another few months! very frustrating... Shaving would be a quick fix but... i don't know if it will actually make me feel better and not worse.

I think the main problem with shaving it (especially if you have longish/medium length hair before hand) is it's venturing into the unknown... you don't know how it's gonna look and there's really no going back once you do it. All i'd say is try nto to make any rash decisions. Rash decisions usually turn out to be the wrong ones! :P

emanruse,

But with shaving there is going back. That is why I tried it...unless my surviving soldiers get pissed at me for doing it and decide not to rejoin the army. Now that would really suck!

Doing this allows one to see if you really look all that bad, like most of us assume we do. Once you have strip surgery, shaving down is really no longer an option (unless you have one of those awesome H&W scars that have been shown shaved down recently).

I have thought about doing this (shaving down) for a good number of years, but have been too afraid to do so. Trust me, I have a large melon (hat size 7 1/2) with acres of forehead. So, once I have the HT I won't question as to why I never at least tried a safer, cheaper, and hopefully ability to grow back option first.

I may post some pics up for all of you, with side by side comparison to my consult pics, just to give everyone an idea.

I cannot believe I shaved down, but I am glad that I ultimately did!

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Jupiter,

Man, it's Friday afternoon and I'm certainly not as stressed as I was yesterday so I want to apologize for my condescending remarks to you.

I know it's rough as hell to start losing your hair, especially at 19. Sometimes us 41 yr. olds (gasp!) have a different perspective on things.

I, too, started thinning at a very young age but it wasn't widely known to the ladies until I was 23 or so, so I imagine you're really feeling it. I remember back at 25 or so when the ladies looking my way weren't of the same caliber as previous and it does suck.

I also just realized I've got a son just 4 years your junior, so I need to chill as well. I know he's going to be pissed in about 8 - 10 years as well.

But I promise you it gets better with age. A couple of words of advice I can give to young guys: Don't get screwed up by some hack ht doctor. Being bald at 40 can be cool, but looking like Ken the doll will never be cool.

Second, In your 30's it seems the ladies look at the body a lot more than the head, so keep your body in shape. A full head of hair still looks like shit on a fat guy, as far as I can tell.

Again, I don't want to be against anyone on here and like helping, because I sure got helped myself.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week