Dr. Gabel best in the NW ...

First I want to thank this site for all the great information.

Two weeks ago Dr. Steven Gabel performed my first HT and I could not be happier.

I have been losing hair for the past 15 years(starting at age 21) and started on Rogaine probably in 1993 until 2002, when I switched to Propecia. Not happy with the results, I decided to bite the bullet and have a HT.

My dermatologist recomeded Dr Gabel and another local doctor. I met with both and also had an interview scheduled with a firm outside this country but didn't appreciate the tough sell tactics their representative used.

I met first with this other doctor who I felt would probably have done an ok job, but she could only promise me 1,600 grtafts. I then met personally with Dr Gabel for a full 45 minutes at my initial consultation and he really took the time to listen to me and answer all my questions. He thought a reasonable goal for me was 2,200 grafts and so I immediately scheduled my surgery with Dr Gabel and canceled the appointment with the high pressured salesman.

I arrived at the doctors office at 6:30 am.

Dr. Gabel and a nurse greeted me and took me into an examination room and immediately started drawing on my forehead for atleast 45 minutes until all three of us were satisfied with the location of where the grafts were to be placed.

I then took 1-2 sleeping pills and by 8:00 I was in the operating room. Dr Gabel did not leave my side all day. He made all the recipient sites himself, then a technician and Dr. Gabel worked on my head together all day until about 6:45 pm. I felt some pressure on the back of my head for about 5-10 minutes at the very beginning, but not really pain. I didn't feel anything the rest of the day until about 4:30 when Dr Gabel could have been done but he decided the 2,200 grafts he had just meticulously installed in my head wasn't good enough. He took a small donor strip out of my head at this time and told the nurses in the back to start separating the new donor follicles and at this time I felt a little tightning back there and told Dr Gabel. I felt a little pressure in the back of my head like I did at the beginning of the day(I think he was shooting locals in my head) and that was it, I felt nothing the rest of the procdure which finished up around 6:45 pm with 2,397 grafts installed.

It was a very comfortable day. We had three or four breaks, including lunch that Dr Gabel bought. The technician and Dr Gabel talked throughout the day, they were quite funny, and other times the technidian was singing and she had a very good and soothing voice.

The fact that Dr Gabel is a surgeon, very personable and hands on made the surgery a breeze and very comfortable. I can't recommend Dr Gabel high enough and I am very satisfied with his work.

At the consultation Dr Gabel told me the goal would be 2,200 grafts and the cost woud be $6,700. He put in almost 200 grafts more than the goal and he wanted to do it (all for no additional cost to me!).

If you read this Dr Gabel, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I will be happy to answer any questions and I know Dr Gabel would as well.

He has a website @ www.nwshr.com. I would highly recommend you visit Dr Gabel if you are considering a hair transplant on the West Coast.

First I want to thank this site for all the great information.

Two weeks ago Dr. Steven Gabel performed my first HT and I could not be happier.

I have been losing hair for the past 15 years(starting at age 21) and started on Rogaine probably in 1993 until 2002, when I switched to Propecia. Not happy with the results, I decided to bite the bullet and have a HT.

My dermatologist recomeded Dr Gabel and another local doctor. I met with both and also had an interview scheduled with a firm outside this country but didn't appreciate the tough sell tactics their representative used.

I met first with this other doctor who I felt would probably have done an ok job, but she could only promise me 1,600 grtafts. I then met personally with Dr Gabel for a full 45 minutes at my initial consultation and he really took the time to listen to me and answer all my questions. He thought a reasonable goal for me was 2,200 grafts and so I immediately scheduled my surgery with Dr Gabel and canceled the appointment with the high pressured salesman.

I arrived at the doctors office at 6:30 am.

Dr. Gabel and a nurse greeted me and took me into an examination room and immediately started drawing on my forehead for atleast 45 minutes until all three of us were satisfied with the location of where the grafts were to be placed.

I then took 1-2 sleeping pills and by 8:00 I was in the operating room. Dr Gabel did not leave my side all day. He made all the recipient sites himself, then a technician and Dr. Gabel worked on my head together all day until about 6:45 pm. I felt some pressure on the back of my head for about 5-10 minutes at the very beginning, but not really pain. I didn't feel anything the rest of the day until about 4:30 when Dr Gabel could have been done but he decided the 2,200 grafts he had just meticulously installed in my head wasn't good enough. He took a small donor strip out of my head at this time and told the nurses in the back to start separating the new donor follicles and at this time I felt a little tightning back there and told Dr Gabel. I felt a little pressure in the back of my head like I did at the beginning of the day(I think he was shooting locals in my head) and that was it, I felt nothing the rest of the procdure which finished up around 6:45 pm with 2,397 grafts installed.

It was a very comfortable day. We had three or four breaks, including lunch that Dr Gabel bought. The technician and Dr Gabel talked throughout the day, they were quite funny, and other times the technidian was singing and she had a very good and soothing voice.

The fact that Dr Gabel is a surgeon, very personable and hands on made the surgery a breeze and very comfortable. I can't recommend Dr Gabel high enough and I am very satisfied with his work.

At the consultation Dr Gabel told me the goal would be 2,200 grafts and the cost woud be $6,700. He put in almost 200 grafts more than the goal and he wanted to do it (all for no additional cost to me!).

If you read this Dr Gabel, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I will be happy to answer any questions and I know Dr Gabel would as well.

He has a website @ www.nwshr.com. I would highly recommend you visit Dr Gabel if you are considering a hair transplant on the West Coast.

Perhaps you could provide some photos of your amazing journey?

A couple of things here Hank: I am not that impressed with the website pics. While I can certainly understand your euphoria over finally doing something about your hairloss, it is difficult to separate the shills from actual patients. Your posting here is great, but from what I have seen on the website, you would need to post some pics at 3, 6, and 9 months if you want to generate some interest in your clinic.

I do like the fact that Dr. Gabel's website states he uses up to date technology and methods, so that is a plus. I would recommend you PM Pat, the site owner so he could call your doctor and ask him a few questions.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and please do not be offended if others here slam your post.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hank,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. Curious, you said something that is rather confusing...

"He thought a reasonable goal for me was 2,200 grafts and so I immediately scheduled my surgery with Dr Gabel and canceled the appointment with the high pressured salesman."

If you cancelled your appointment then how do you know he was high pressure?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

Hank,

Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing your positive experience. If you can post photos from your surgery and immediate post op results that would be much appreciated.

Please understand that testimonial posts by first time unknown posters who do not provide photos are taken with a grain salt since some people have tried to use this forum simply to promote a particular surgeon.

While I do think that Dr. Gabel does perform the most state of the art hair transplant procedure in Oregon, in my opinion, I do not think it is accurate to say that his clinic is the best in the North West. Hasson and Wong have a long history of performing large sessions of Ultra Refined Follicular Unit grafting with outstanding results. They also have hundreds of patient photos online to prove it.

H & W and their consultant also take an educational approach when contacted by new potential patients. So I expect that your reference to a "high pressure salesman" with an out of state firm was not in reference to H & W.

Best wishes for great growth. I hope that you will share photos of your results on this forum.

Pat

P.S. B ??“ Spot, We recently got some impressive photos from Dr. Gabel that will be added to his profile page on the Hair Transplant Network.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Welcome Hank. Gee Wilikers. You had an awesome experience. Congrats to you. And to Doc Gabel, the swellest doc in the Northwest. You think he the best in the midwest too? About the southeast? Was thinking of travelling to the northwest, but if Doc Gabel ain't the best....everywhere, then why bother.

A few things that seem a bit off though.

That lady doc with the "low estimate" on grafts, did she say why? Or was she just mean, and didn't want to give you the whole 2200 guarantee? Because only 600 difference means the donor area had some restictions, otherwise she would have said, I can harvest 4000, but I'm not a surgeon that likes those megasessions, even though some do.

Pretty amazing that Gabel was drawing on your head for a "full" 45 minutes. Is that instead of a "partial" 45 minutes? And what was he doing, drawing the freaken Mona Lisa on your head. I want a refund from my Doc. She gave me a few stick figures and left the room.

Here's the ones I like the best:

At 4:30 PM, after enduring 8 "full" hours of surgery, 2200 grafts, on the nose mind you, Gabel decides to either open up your Tri closure or add another opening and stitching and shoot you up more and hassle and dissect, and poke more....for a paltry 197 grafts????? I'd kill him. Don't care how good Gabel or any of you guys' doc is, that donor strip harvest crap hurts like hell. I'm a very tough son-of-a-bitch, and while all the docs do damn good considering what they're doing, it hurts. But Hank didn't feel a thing, wee bitty bit-o-tightness.

Can't believe you rubbed that rogaine shit on your head for 10 years!!!! You must of loved it. You dropped almost 10K on that crap. Please!!!

So Gabel springs for lunch. That's nice. Does that Technician serenade during the meal, or just when she's placing grafts through a microscope. Steady hands that one. Especially through the high notes. My surgeon gave me a cheese sandwich. She knows who she is. She owes me a real lunch. At least a fresh squeezed OJ. Does Gabel take care of the tip too? Mine paid for the Sandwich but made me leave the tip. That really sucked, because my money was in the other room.

Did you suffer any additional hairloss from the pressure? I mean from the other "salesman." I hate when that happens.

Oh yeah, and I had to pay extra for my tech to SHUT THE F#%* UP. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. I'll consider Gabel next time.

Also Hank, you state, and I'll quote..."The fact that Dr. gabel is a surgeon, very personable and hands on made the surgery a breeze andvery comfortable" Well that's nice. Until you told us that I thought he was a gardner.

Hank, if you were in my very first writing class, and handed your post in as "persuasive writing," my professor would ask you not to write it over, but to, please NEVER return to class. Make room for someone with potential. Try your luck with math!!!!

What is really impressive is that you're one of the new breed of HT clients that, get a HT, then research it after, and then post how great your experience was without researching it. And also know that finding this forum shortly after surgery and posting is a longshot. Without directions how to get here that is.

Your post is the best ever. It seems harmless on the surface but a closer look, shows how hard you tried to "convince" us. You failed miserably. Gabel should charge you double next time for losing him so much business.

There's more, but I'm laughing too hard. Good thing Pat is very nice and Jotronic has his hands tied, but this post deserves some roasting.

This is shameless.

Thanks Pat, I did look for Dr. Gabel on the site, but I did not find him here. Either way, I am glad that you have some newer photos to show us. Again, I did like the information he posted on his website concerning his methodology, and the site seemed to really be directed toward educating the patient, as well. Is Dr. Gabel in the Coalition, or am I missing something?

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

Bezane,

I think it excessive to lampoon Hank for his account of his surgical experience. Yes, he came to this forum after surgery and not before. But that does not invalidate his account.

People need to know that they will not be ridiculed for posting their opinions or experiences on this forum.

B Spot,

Dr. Gabel is committed to doing ultra refined follicular unit grafting and has been performing this procedure over the past two years. In my opinion he is providing quality follicular unit grafting that is the best in Oregon. Thus he is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. To see his recommended profile on the Hair Transplant Network, click here.

However, since Dr. Gabel has not yet had the length of experience of physicians in the Coalition he has not yet been invited to join the Coalition. But given his commitment to doing ultra refined hair transplantation, I expect that once his results become well documented and proven over time that he will become eligible for membership in the Coalition.

As many on this community know, the technical and ethical standards for Coalition membership are very high and require a proven track record of outstanding ultra refined results. Once Dr. Gabel establishes a solid track record of outstanding work, like those now in the Coalition, he will then be invited to join.

We will be adding photos of his patients this week.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Yeah Pat, and I agree, but I personally believe that a post like this is fabricated and I simply pointed it out. I think you've created a forum that has some serious juice, meaning that if someone visits here and really researches the message board, they'll probably get a transplant from a coalition doc. If a time comes when a bunch get sub par work or are mislead by posters recommending certain doctors, the integrity will dwindle.

But to further defend my reason behind my skewering, his post was probably aimed at discrediting one of the best HT clinics in the world. And I still think cutting a patient back open to get 197 more grafts is plain silly whether I make fun of it or not.

It would be really nice if a doc like Gabel just logged on and introduced himself.

Thanks Again Pat--- I looked at the Coalition and the recommended docs, and did not see Dr. Gabel. It doesn't matter too much anyway, if you say he is ok, then he is ok with me icon_smile.gif

I know we talked about clinics sending patients to the forum for the first time and how they would be received at times, but I think it is good that others still challenge the validity of some of these posts just to keep things level.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

That posting was done by a shill with a capital "S". Being the best in your area means nothing. For something as life changing as a HT, you want to go to the BEST...period!!! Not the best in your area. Going in to H&W monthly to have progress pics taken, I see fellow HT patients from Spain, UK, all over the USA etc. These people, I'm sure, have HT Dr's in their area who were "the best", but they opted to get on a plane & fly to another country to see the best 'in the world'. I've said it many times before, you can't be lazy & cheap when it comes to hair. You will always regret it later. To me, it's like getting discount heart surgery by Dr Nick Riviera.

6544 grafts - Dr Hasson 11/30/05

bezane... I'm not defending Hank persay (after all what he said was a bit wimsical), but I think you were a little rough on him. I too did not post a thing until several weeks after my first HT. The reason being because I didn't have any thing valuable to offer and I could do all my research reviewing other posters. Perhaps, this is what he did also. In addition, he was probably excited about his HT and wanted to tell someone (us) who is willing to listen. I hope you did not scare him off! That would be a real shame.

I'm also weary of posters who are trying to sell a DR. and I have snapped at someone who was being a little unreasonable about another issue, which I felt uncomfortable with later because that is not my style. However, Hank's post didn't sound like a pitch. Just someone who felt excited, however misguided it seems.

Although I feel I have gone to one of the finest DR.s in the field, I still will never make a recommendation. I'm not comfortable with those people making single Dr. recommendations. I'll leave the recomendations to Pat who has visited numerous Dr.s, attending many symposiums and has acquired more knowledge and seen more HT's than the rest off us combined. Yet, people do make very specific recomendations here on a regular basis; why is it you don't rattle their cage?

Furthermore, if this is truly someone who just got a HT, he is need of a lot of good advice and support in the coming months. Maybe he didn't research a thing about Ht's, which is a mistake (that's why he allowed Dr. Gable cut an additional strip), but the biggest mistake would be to scare Hank off now that he is going to be asking for advice.

I read these post daily and post little because this forum is been straying from its original purpose. Lately, it seems it has become a personal chat room for a few 'worthy' posters who are unwilling to let others in.

My advice... leave post that bother you personally, alone. Say little if anything... If they're truly false, Pat will weed them out.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

I can see where people would get suspicious of this post but at the same time this forum is an open one and if he truly enjoyed his experience and wants to share it that is great. I have been a member of this forum for a few years now and that is what i always liked about it. I think people downright attacking his post is just malicious and wrong. If he is a shill he will get exposed but please use some common courtesy when responding to a post, especially from a newbie. I know I wouldn't feel too good if after my first post here I was attacked and called a liar. You can question people and what they have to say in a respectful way, but who are we to tell others what to do and feel and say?? As far as the cult issue goes I know it was just a joke but lately around here it seems that if someone didn't go to a select few docs than their opinions and experiences are not valid.

All I am saying is question all you want but don't attack or degrate(spelling?) people just cause you don't agree with them. I understand that it was done in the interest of everyone that comes on here cause the last thing we want to do on here is have shills recommending bad docs to innocent members or guests who don't know better We just have to be better in our behavior than the shills. Wait to see if pics are forthcoming as I believe that is the best way to judge docs on here, results.

Hank,

If you're not just jumping on this forum to plug Dr. Gabel, the best thing you can do is post some before and after pics of your HT. If you think your reception here harsh.......it's due to the many "shills" of Doc's wanting the acceptance of this community in an unjust fashion.

One of the reasons I, and many other regular posters, stay involved with this site is due to the integrity that has been maintained through the efforts of Pat (and others) to be sure that only surgeons with "proven" results acheive coalition membership and recommendation. Those who come to this site searching should receive honest, straightforward information based on results................whether for HT or great response to meds and topical products. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone presenting to the contrary is quickly called to the mat.......the way they should be.

Again, if you've come to share a great success story, please keep posting and share the proof with the rest of us. Nothing excites us bald types (or recovering bald types) more than seeing a great HT!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Some may think the initial post is suspect, others may not. I just want to know what I asked about before.

If you cancelled your appointment then how do you know he was high pressure? It's like saying I cancelled my test drive of the car that handled like a sailboat full of bricks. How do you know?

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

tkerr....I couldn't disagree more with you. You say my post and response to Hank was malicious and "wrong", well be specific.

In my opinion, Pat is just plain being diplomatic and nice. He has a website to run. But instead of you defending a shill, you should weigh in on what it means to be a reputable doctor that has contributed mightily to this forum, has helped so many men out of their depression, has years of experience and documented successes shared with this website, yet took a backhanded slap from a brand new poster trying to give second grade hype to a new doctor.

I guess I could live with someone "sneaking" on here and hyping themselves, but why do they have to slam other doctors, especially in cowardly ways then refuse to directly identify their obvious slam.

If this forum is going to be about trying to gain market share as opposed to only engage in what is the very best in the industry, then it will become simply a marketing tool for the mediocre.

I personally think I have a very strong voice that isn't afraid to call it the way I see it. If Pat doesn't want any abrasive comments, I'd respect that. But that's when I'd post my insights elsewhere. I don't want to edit my feelings. And go ahead and break down that post of Hank's. It's not informative. It's hostile to our friends, which happen to be probably the REAL BEST SURGEONS IN THE NORTHWEST, and if you research it, it's simply parphrasing much of the doctor's website bio with some hostility thrown in.

So I stand by my post, stronger than ever. And did you ever think why Hank didn't answer back right away?

This coalition of professional expert doctors is not meant to be politically correct or all inclusive. It, in my opinion, was and is to establish ongoing excellence and help people at least know there is hope. And any new doctors should be introduced in a professional, courteous and humble manner. Not like a bull in a china shop.

• Administrators

I find it encouraging that members of this forum have demonstrated genuine passion about keeping this forum open and inclusive, while also protecting against potential covert promotional agendas.

Those who are veterans on this forum know that it is a delicate balancing act to be both open and inclusive, while screening out the occasional shills. Yet, I think that over time the collective intelligence of this community has done this successfully and diplomatically.

I did speak with Dr. Gabel today and he provided me with photos of Hank's surgery, which will be posted shortly. Personally I think that Hank got a first rate ultra refined lateral slit surgery with an impressive trychophetic closure in his donor area. I think once people see these photos this will be apparent. To view these photos, click here.

I think that Hank simply is a genuinely excited patient who wanted to share his experience and yes - talk up his physician.

I know that Dr. Gabel is not well known on this community. But if he was, Hank's excitement and positive impression would not be as hard to understand as Dr. Gabel is very committed to providing the absolute best results in a very personal manner.

I expect that we will be seeing and hearing from many more patients of his patients in the future. His patient photos are also being edited and will soon be presented on his profile page.

All the best, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

Thanks Pat... I knew Hank was for real!

I saw that Dr. Gable was online today. I sure hope Hank feels welcome to come back.

This sure seems like a mighty tough and opinionated crowd you have on here these days. Maybe I should post a little more often to level the playing field.

I realize people want to protect your sight; I just wish they would do it with a little more tact. I think we can all learn a lesson here and point out to all to read Roberts message at the bottom of the forum. "The keyboard is mightier than the sword." I believe it applies to all attacks on personal intigrity. Quote as follows:

There is a happy medium, of course. In a sea of grey area, it is my opinion that the best life raft is one built of patience and good judgment. Had the poster presented his case in a tactful, concise manner perhaps he would have gotten a bit more sympathy for his plight; or at least the common courtesy of a more positive and responsive listening environment.

Again, this post is not meant to discuss the example that I used. I wanted to make public my plea to all posters to breathe before they type; to think of the possible consequences before striking that "Enter" key. I don't want to stifle the exchange of information in any way, shape, or form. I only want us to ensure the exchange is civil and positive in nature, even when the content many times is not.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

I posted my experience. It was a great experience, period. I thought that was the purpose of this forum, to share experiences.

I'm very surprised at the responses to my experience.

It is not my intention to talk about other clinics. If you would like to me to specifically tell you who the "high pressure salesman" worked for and what exactly was said, I can do that, just ask me.

Other than that, I'm glad as heck I had a HT. It was a birthday present to myself along with quitting smoking.

I have my fingers crossed everything is going to be great in 12 months and I will certainly share how my progress is going.

Again, I want to thank Pat for having this forum. I read it before my HT and I think it gave me a lot of confidence to get a HT.

Seriously, would Hank make up the bit about the technician's vocal abilities? I never doubted his post. Damn, guys...

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm amazed at everyone supporting the shill. Jotronic asked the question. The guy comes back and says if you want to know just ask.

Well he did ask. The forum has lost some credibility if this is accepted as entree to the community. In this case, supporting the other docs that were comprimised, far outweighs Hank's feelings.

Something suspicious going on here.

alright Bezane, you asked and so I will tell you. It was a rep from H & W that I was suppose to meet for a consultation. He basically told me I was an idiot for not going with H & W. I'll leave it at that and if you want to hear more, I'm sure you will ask and I will tell you. But I'm not here to say negative things about anyone.

Obvioulsy, H & W have many, many satisfied customers as do a lot of other docs. I just didn't feel comfortable going to Vanc, BC to have this operation done. I was concerned if something went wrong after the procedure, what was I going to do? I didn't want to have to travel up to BC if I had post op problems. And then the rep tells me I'm an "idiot", can you blame me for not wanting to go up there?

I just wanted to share my experience and now anyone who reads this forum knows there is a great doc here in Portland, Oregon. Probably more than one, like I said in my original post, I think the first doc I met with would have done a fine job as well.

I've read this forum for probably a month now and a couple of you (Hairbank for one) are taking 3000 mg of MSM daily and some are taking 1% and another is taking 2% of Nizoral, and then Nioxin as well. Are any of these presriptions or over the counter? And would you explain what they are and what they do?

I just want the best results and if they are going to help than I'd like to know about them. Thanks in advance for any/all info on these products.

I would also like to thank the people who didn't rip on me for my initial post. I hadn't been back to this website until tonight and saw all the responses, so thank you to the nice ones.

• Administrators

Hank,

I want to apologize for some of the comments made on this forum, which I think were unmerited.

The fact that Dr. Gabel went above and beyond and removed more donor hair to provide you with additional free grafts so you could meet your goal of re-establishing your frontal area and has a technician who enjoys singing to make the environment pleasant hardly merits criticism.

I've seen many comments about the bedside manner of physicians and their staff but I don't recall anyone being criticized for such posts.

People need to feel comfortable to share their positive or negative experiences on this forum without being falsely accused or criticized. I think your surgery looks first class and you have every right to be excited about your positive experience and the clinic you chose.

Fortunately there are a decent number of excellent clinics to choose from these days and choosing one over another is not a right or wrong choice. Ultimately the best treatment and physician is the one that's best for you. I hope that you choose to stay involved in this forum and mentor others so that they can also achieve positive results.

In regards to Dr. Gabel's surgical technique, he and his staff perform all microscopically prepared ultra refined follicular unit grafting using the lateral slit technique for placement. He creates all the incisions for these grafts using tiny custom cut blades. When closing the donor site Dr. Gabel uses a trichophytic closure technique.

Dr. Gabel did suggest to me that if anyone has questions about his patient care philosophy or technique to feel free to contact him directly. His contact information is on his profile.

All the best, Pat

My Hair Loss Blog