Looking for good HT doctor in India(preferably Hyderabad)

Naren

Hi folks,

I am also from hyd, want to get my HT done ASAP.

I enquired with ravindra reddy , he said he performs FUT procedure, now i am not sure whether it is ultra refined FUT which you mention to be performed by Dr.Madhu. Do you think Dr.Madhu s procedure is far more better comaperd to Ravindra's one.

Your inputs carry high importance, please comment. Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Question Shah...infact i'm also looking for the Answer to this question.

I think, Anantha can provide more info regarding this since he had already done with the surgery

Can anyone also please answer this question and help us out?

Thanks

Naren

Also, I recently happen to see one person at HT clinic, it was 3 months he did his HT and it looked good on the front but my concern was that the patch at the back of head (donor area) was very much visible. How long do you think one needs to wait for the coverage , just in general for someone doing one sitting HT.

my friend recently had an HT with madhu but as shah said yeah i too have seen a big scar .i have seen him through webcam i live in US ..i too want to have HT at any cost but i am tempted to do get it done in india but iam afraid by reading the posts .. i looked at the pics in this website the scar is almost negligible but my frnd scar is easily visible its big..he got 2800 grafts @ 80k indian rupees

So if some one who had a transplant frm him if the ycan psot pics or share their experience it would be great full thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

This is my first post here will introduce myself later but one HT surgeon i know of in India is Dr Vasa. Not sure if i am allowed to post links here but here it is (promotional link removed) He is based in Ahemdabad, Gujarat

Hope some of the more experienced members here can have a look and share their thoughts. His site seems pretty transperent with the work they do.

Also like to thank everyone here for the effort they put in helps a lot of newcomers like me

V,

Welcome to our forum community.

Can you please tell us how you know of this physician? Are you a patient of his/hers or are you affiliated with the clinic in some way?

Also, as you can see, I removed the promotional link to Dr. Vasa's website.

Though we typically allow links to outside sites, promotional links are not allowed. Additionally, any poster affiliated with a clinic must post a disclosure in their forum signature. Please see our terms of service for more information.

Best Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill

Nope not affiliated with the clinic in anyway whatsoever.

I am 23 and from Mumbai which you may have heard of and surprisingly there are no HT surgeons here that advertise themsevles or are even famous. I have approached a trichologist in Mumbai called Richfeel which basically makes use of Saw Palmetto as their main ingrdient. I am using a topical solution and a shampoo but it does not seem to have helped. They dont charge me for consultation, every few months i go there for a checkup and they just keep telling me to continue with the treatment and say that if the thinning gets worse they would put me on tablets. They have told me that it is the same for the past few years though even a naked eye could tell its become worse. Scary part is they do not make a mention of ingridients used etc to prepare their oils shampoos etc. My hair has stopped shedding though after using their produts. Another one who specailizes in trichology is Dr Batras. I have come to understand that these two are very commercial and not heard good reviews about them. They are all over the news papers. As far as i know Richfeel does not do HT themselves.

I am going to meet a dermatologist to see what he has to stay. I am thinning on top of my head and it started a few years ago. Its noticable under bright light is how i would describe it. I know its not the worst case but still anxious about it icon_smile.gif. So coming back to Dr Vasa my dad passed on an article in a leading Gujurathi( one of many languages spoken here ) newspaper. I have contacted him by mail just to explain my current situation briefly and for his reccomendations. Again to let you know im a student and dont know Dr Vasa directly or indirectly and just came across his article, checked out his site and posted info here if it could help someone. Going to be spending some time on the forums myself to learn from and share with you guys.

If you do need any more info about what the scene here is like id be happy to share.

Regards

V,

Thanks for sharing a little about your experience and how you've heard of Dr. Vasa.

Personally, I'd love to find a quality hair transplant surgeon in India that we can recommend on this community. Perhaps I'll do some research on him and contact him to learn more about his technique, experience, philosophies, and for examples of his work.

Best wishes,

Bill

hi all,

i am ramesh, i also underwent HT with Dr. Pathrui Madhu one year back. I am very happy now with the result. Some one was talking about the scar, actually i am having almost ivisible scar that to with hair in the scar.

The method adopted to make scar invisible, he told some thing like 'trichophytic closure'. I haven't seen big scar from any of the patient who comes for follow up visits to his clinic and most of the other patients are also happy with the results.

If anybody wants i can send my photos also.

Hi Rams,

Thanks for sharing this info. I was just a little concerned about the scars as i saw few of them in other clinics having noticible ones.

I am in hyd, If you dont mind can you send me your contact no. at catch.shah@gmail.com , just want to have a little chat about your experience with Dr. Madhu. I am also planning to get my HT done asap.

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Naren,

I'm sure this community would love to see results from a quality physician in India. If we can eventually find one,

Hi Bill,

Its been sometime that i have written on the site..however, I always wanted to ask u..I have noticed that search for a gud HT doc continues...there are good docs in India. For us Indians travelling out of India becomes very difficult primarily due to monetary issues. So what cant someone make the effort of searching good docs here???

Sanip

I met Dr. Madhu at Jublee hills and the visit was really hepful. I had infact gone to get HT but chnaged my mind after havig a talk with him as he suggested me to stay on Finax then doing transplant as of now. Actuall it was very convincing after the talk with him.

Also he mentioned the procedure he performs is Ultra refined FUT.

No, was not able to see any patients of his. I had personal satisfaction after meeting him as he cleared all my queries patiently and also it was not like commercial atmosphere that was built. He infact asked me not to go for HT as he expects improvement by medication.

Hi guys,

I underwent surgery on 11/10/2008 by Dr. Madhu. I am satisfied with the result till now. I got good density on the front. The number of grafts planted are 2720. I would like to ask something who had HT that I am feeling itching on the scalp. I am using baby shampoo daily. Please clarify my doubt and give some suggestions what should precautions should I take after surgery, please answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another case of people posting something without backing it up. Another almost "dead" thread, with no follow-ups. Anantha, why would you post something and never follow-up on it?

VRG, are you still looking for Dr. Pathuri's contact info?

Sandip: It is pretty frustrating that doctors in India tend to remain aloof from the public. Even a google search won't yield much information about them. They dont even have a website of their own, leave alone them using their own patient photographs in those sites. I can understand why this forum has a tough time trying to evaluate and recommend a HT doctor in India. Approaching them is difficult, so where does the question of evaluating them arise? Bill, if you are reading this, I assume you would agree with me. Transparency almost equals to zero when it comes to doctors from India.

Anantha, post some photos dude. Whether someone is in America or in Afghanistan, getting a crappy old computer and internet should not be a big deal. Same goes for Rams (Ramesh). Post some photos to back up your claims of undergoing a HT surgery and feeling satisfied with the results. Let the rest of the world see it!!

Shah and Subbu, what is your status? Did you guys get your HTs done yet or not. Ayaz, any updates? We need some photos. Going by what so many people claim here, lets see if Dr. Pathuri indeed does a good job. This probably might be a good chance to help him get recognised by this forum as well.

Based on my PMs with Kris, he seems to have had a good satisfying experience with some "HT Clinic" in Delhi(if you catch my drift). Care to share it on the forum with everyone else, Kris??

R

Also Ayaz, we need to see some photos dude.

Guys, I have another question here. I am a serious smoker and have been smoking 10-12 cigs/day for the past 10 years. Do you guys know if this is linked to my hairloss in anyway? Also, I started Propecia last week. While I have'nt observed any lowered libido so far (no complaints received yet from...), its probably too early to tell. Do you guys have any comments about this? When do people usually start seeing these side-effects?

R

I have consulted him at his hyderabad clinic, and fixed a date in next week for surgery.

I have seen one of his client who has undergone HT 8 months ago, and there is no trace of scare in domain area. I will update after my surgery

drmstx,

Bill, if you are reading this, I assume you would agree with me. Transparency almost equals to zero when it comes to doctors from India

I would agree with that. Hopefully in time, we'll find a quality physician in India who does first-rate work that we can recommend to our community. I have a few doctors I'm in the process of trying to contact/research, but I don't have anything substantial to report at this time.

I'm really hoping I'll have more information before the end of the year.

Thanks for your interest.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Guys and Drmstx,

I had my HT done by Dr. Pathuri Madhu 15 days before. I got 2720 grafts, and he charged me around Rs. 68000. He charges Rs. 25 per graft. I am satisfied with the result. Now, almost my grafts fell off and doctor says this is normal. I have to wait at least 2 months to see the new hair growth. Guys, one thing I would like to tell you that Dr. Madhu gives good density on the scalp. You must go to his clinic and see the results, he has many pictures of his patients. He almost transplants 40 grafts per square centimeter, which is good. His contact number is (promotional information removed). Doctor has taken my pre and postop photographs, I will try to show you guys. I suggest you to meet him once after taking appointment.

And, guys who had HT, please tell me that is it normal that we lose grafts in 10 to 15 days and when can I see the new hair growth, please tell me. I am on finasteride and minoxidil 5%. Thank you.