Need Ideas for Raising Money For HT!!!

madisongrad08

Hello,

I am 24 year old male with severe thinning on the front of my scalp. I am close to a NW5. I've been single for a REALLY long time, I'm tired of it, and I want to do something about it. The mere fact that everytime I meet a hott girl she stares up at my hairline is MOTIVATION ALONE (women don't think we notice this!!!)for an HT. I am planning on an HT with Dr. Cooley in Charlotte, NC. But I need about $3,000 more dollars for about a 3,000 graft HT. Does anyone have any ideas for raising or generating more money for this procedure?? In about 3 months worth of time??

My advice go to a bar and wear a hat. Works for me.

By the time I'm at her place or they're at mine I still have my hat on until we get to the bedroom. Once there it is either dark and I can take it off, or we are so far along she could care less at that point.

Also, I find it funny that you are basically requesting ideas for get rich quick schemes. They don't exist btw.

Good Luck.

PS I'm 19 and my hairline is non-existent. Been losing for 2 years now.

Yaaaa, I wouldn't waste energy "scheming" for some moneymaking venture. And "raising $" is basically out of the equation, unless you were to go through very generous family members and essentially take out a loan.

I suppose if you have really good credit you could take out loans/credit with banks, potentially.

But your #1 priority should likely be simply getting a job, and/or saving up the 3k.

Also, if you do get a HT, make sure it's going to get you to where you want to be, and a place you'll be satified at.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

If you want to feel confident around women, just crop the remaining hair or shave it. Also, you MUST remember that you will more than likely need future HT's to add density and fill in areas that countinue to recede. Unless you have 'discretionary' savings or see yourself with the thousands of dollars needed for future work, don't even think about the first.

The last thing you want is to be a slave to this if the finances are out of reach.

There are credit companies that deal specifically with cosmetic surgery, such as care credit. Just make sure you have a plan to repay it in a specific amount of time or your APR will go up.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Why don't you just ask Dr. Cooley to work with you? Ask to take a stand-by date with 2 weeks notice or something of that ilk.

Your paying 12-13K for 3K grafts---see if they will work with you.

Never hurts to ask mate.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

madisongrad08,

You've already been given some excellent advise. But ultimately, saving for a hair transplant comes down to sound financial planning, not only for a single procedure, but for the possibility of subsequent procedures needed in the future. This is likely especially since you are young. Loans can very well be part of the sound financial planning. Just be careful not to bite off more than you can chew, especially if you have other expenses.

To minimize the possible need for future hair transplants, I'd encourage you to consider getting on Propecia and Rogaine foam ASAP. If you still have some hair in the hairline and frontal core, these medications may even help to thicken it up a bit without surgery. It doesn't hurt to try these while you're working to save up the money.

Best wishes,

Bill

Madison

Think very carefully about how you want to proceed. I would place a very large wager that as a 24 year old NW5 that you will want a subsequent procedure as 3000 grafts doesn't go that far on a NW5.

You need to think how you are going to pay for those later procedures.

-----------------------------------------

2425 FUE - Dr Armani - Nov 2007 (poor result)

1000 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - March 25th 2010 (great result)

1599 FUE Procedure with Dr. Bisanga - Feb 3rd 2011

My Hair Loss Website

I too think that leveling with Dr. Cooley and seeing what he might have in mind makes sense, but Bill raises a very vital point, which is that at this age, getting a HT means being prepared not just for *this* one HT, but a tacit commitment to future ones, as well.

This makes meds (especially finasteride) all the more vital, and getting on them, and seeing how you respond ASAP makes good sense.

I mentioned this in your other thread, but looking for part-time employment doing administrative sales, or something to that extent, for a start-up company would be sound. Through Inc.com (or some google searches) you should be able to find listings of start-ups in your general area, with contact information.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

My advice...

Start saving and start shaving. Start saving for the planned hair transplant you want down the road. Meanwhile, if you are sick of chicks checking out your non-existent hairline, then start shaving. I know some pretty hot chicks who are dating balding dudes in their early twenties who just decide to buzz it off Statham-style. Then if you like your shaved look, then forego the transplant and you'll have thousands of dollars in your pocket!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Unfortunately, 90% of us are in exactly the same boat regarding financially saving and planning for our HT. I suppose this part assists in the waiting game, we may as well become acustomed to it as it isnt the only wait we will meet!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.