experiences with FUE?

PGP-- I understand your anger at not knowing Bart was a co-owner of Prohair clinic.

I guess looking at it from the perspective you describe, it looks pretty bad.

I'm not necessarily trying to defend Bart--part of being on these forums is the ability to deal with everyone, during good threads and especially during bad threads.

However, aside from Bart's feelings about strip (and we have had our arguments here and elsewhere about it) I have never seen where he has crossed the line into high pressure sales or posted photo-shopped pics.

In fact, he took quite a hammering from Bill and has won many people over with good results.

I am NOT trying to change your mind, but I ask that you understand my perspective as well---Bart representing prohair/co-owning prohair-- doesn't make a difference to me personally b/c Bart was #1 a patient FIRST, on the boards FIRST and had bad results with both strip and FUE FIRST.

Now, I readily admit I do not know the practices of Prohair in regards to patient education/sales approach/explanation of the benefits of strip vs FUE. I would like to see hair to graft counts on all their patients, but I want that from everyone, and now that we know Bart is a co-owner, he should put it in his signature on this site and everywhere else.

Anyway, I was not trying to tell anyone not to be mad or how to feel--just saying sometimes these threads tend to get out of hand and not deal with the real issue--but this one is going along well IMO.

Take Care,

Jason

BTW--got your PM

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all good J.

Just as easily as I can turn on a doctor or consultant/owner icon_wink.gifI can certainly support one .

Ask Dr Konior about that. I saw how much he really cares about this field and it changed my mind completely about him.

I may have a big mouth and at times irritating but Im as genuine as they come.

Thats why I like Dr Shapiro so much because of how sincere he is aside from the outstanding work he provides.

When I see a person who isnt 100% honest when it comes to peoples lives or purposely hides things it pisses me off.

Anyway, whether it matters or not to anyone Im willing to give Bverotti a chance to prove what hes been barking about for a few years with more time to produce clear grownout pics. They probably have over a thousand postop pics at the clinic but those mean much less.

You give a national league pitcher enough at bats hes going to hit some doubles triples and homeruns . I just have yet seen any homeruns or grandslams from fue and that bothers me ,especially from all the hype from these all fue clinics. Ive seen a bunch of doubles but mostly singles and guys in the battersbox that do alot of swinging but never get to see the final result of the at bat due to a indian dance rain delay

Anyway Bill said he asked Bart to get the doctor involved in this thread so Ill wait for that instead of keeping this co-owner issue alive

Bill with all due respect ,you find much smaller things on here "a big deal". Ill bet you 10 grand you talked on the phone with Bart yesterday.

PGP,

Well, you better pay up because I've been traveling all week and responding on the forum and to emails from the car. No phone calls were made icon_wink.gif

You and I see things differently on the fact that Bart co-owns the clinic. You feel decieved whereas I was already aware of it. Maybe I'd feel the same way if I didn't have this foreknowledge - I don't know. You did however, show your support for them publicly a number of times on various photo albums.

However, in my opinion, the concerns posed by Dr. Feller and many members of this community about FUE candidacy is 100% legitimate and should be discussed.

Therefore, I did email Bart encouraging him to have Dr. DeReys respond to the legitmate concerns posed by the members of this community.

In my opinion, when a representative of a clinic makes big claims, it is up to them to prove it. I hope Dr. DeReys will respond with a medical explanation of how he feels he has overcome the hurdles Dr. Feller mentions above.

I want to add that I personally have a problem with any clinic that oversells the benefit of one procedure by attempting to discredit another. In my opinon, FUE has a place, but to attempt to discredit strip while overselling the benefits of FUE is not appropriate. Results should speak for themselves and then hair loss sufferers can make their own evaluation and decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

I tell you, I don't want to beat a dead horse; but I just don't get the uproar over him owning the clinic. As I said earlier, it is my opinion that an owner is almost certainly always preferable over any other kind of arrangement. I'm glad he's the owner, and it makes me listen that much more closely.

I know there are exceptions, but by and large I've found the owner to be more about service, honesty, etc. than the others. Who wouldn't think an owner is more concerned with long term customer or patient satisfaction than an employee, who could quit at a moments notice and be selling car batteries at Auto Zone this weekend?

I always think of insurance agents, as sometimes you see an agent in an office and then he's working at The Home Depot or somewhere the next week.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I tell you, I don't want to beat a dead horse

THEN DONT !!! Its been settled

By the way hes a co-owner that gets pummeled on a continuous basis. Its the doctors that I would be more interested in hearing,especially something with so little information about. Fue is so hush hush ,and secretive with some of these guys.

You saw at the beginning of this thread where he tried to pet Dr Feller like a little kitty cat .

Here ya go .Heres the guy you wanna listen too so closely

-------------------------------------------------

Dr. Feller,

I will not make any further comments on your comment since my words will not weigh against a dr. words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Dr Feller didnt go meow and rub his head against the screen he came attacking like a black panther

because he can sniff BS a mile away like some of us on here.

The topic of FUE vs Strip has been debated many times in the past. Although I feel FUE has its place in the hair industry it is not a replacement for strip surgery. FUE has been know for around 6 years on the forums and yet to see any results that are consistant with the results from good strip doctors.

As for Bart I always though it was common knowledge that he was part owner of of his clinic. Although at times I feel his statement are more based in self promotion than fact I feel that his pictures on his company website are honest and the pictures show both the reality and what results to expect from his clinic. .

I do not feel his comments should or would not influence anybody to go to his clinic. After looking at the pictures on his website I feel that the majority of people would understand the limitation of FUE.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I tend to believe FUE will always be a better option for many reasons, but only if a lot of different factors give you an advantage. FUE is best performed in relatively small sessions on patients with a good head of existing hair. It wont ever replace strip anytime soon as a way to achieve natural density throughout, when and if it does is not anytime soon.

One of the bigger challenges in this industry is getting consistently good results in performing FUE. I tend to believe that aggressive practice of this technique by someone like Armani only really increases their competence, and for that reason he is perhaps one of the best in the world at doing it.

All this other sh*t about who owns what, who cares? We dont need to wade through 3 pages of your outrage, say your piece and then STFU about it.

I saw your Wylies path blog and I know I would be completely devastated with your situatin.

Man they f-ed you up . Bastards. Hopefully Dr Umar can use some of that body hair to restore you at least humanlike. I know you couldnt resist with your last statement as we have had a past but I understand your misery now and I will accept any critisism from you for now on with dignity and pride.

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

I saw your Wylies path blog and I know I would be completely devastated with your situatin.

Man they f-ed you up . Bastards. Hopefully Dr Umar can use some of that body hair to restore you at least humanlike. I know you couldnt resist with your last statement as we have had a past but I understand your misery now and I will accept any critisism from you for now on with dignity and pride.

Thanks. icon_smile.gif

• 5 months later...

Bill,

Fantastic discussion!! and this is why I love this forum.

But Bill, apart form other factors mentioned earlier, Does the availability of graft in donor area also the deciding factor on choosing the HT technique (FUE/strip).

Is it true that with Strip or with combination of strip & FUE more grafts can be extracted in comparision to only FUE procedure??

exchange,

I'm pleased our discussion forum has been helpful to you :-).

Since this discussion is pretty old, I'll have to later read through it to remind myself what has been discussed.

But to answer your questions, I'd say that choosing between strip or FUE should be based on a number of factors, donor hair and scalp characteristics potentially being one of them.

Evidence still suggests that hair growth yield is consistently higher with strip than FUE. That doesn't mean that in some cases FUE can't produce exceedingly high growth yield comparable to strip. But most leading surgeons still agree that FUE is less consistent. Alternatively, FUE is less invasive and is appealing to many due to the lack of linear scar.

You are correct that both techniques have the ability to harvest and transplant more grafts than either one alone. Cases have been made for both, but I believe getting stripped out first is better before going to FUE if you have extensive hair loss. My reason for this is mostly due to strip surgery's higher reliability and protecting the viability of the grafts harvested via strip.

I hope this helps.

Bill