3280 grafts with Dr. Feller.

Orion

Well I did it. Approximately 2 weeks ago I sat in the chair for the second time. My first op was with Dr. Loria back in 2000. Unfortunately I didn't do much research back then and ended up getting a sub par Micro/mini graft procedure of 1500 grafts. Didnt really see much of a difference and it did nothing for my hairline. I stopped taking Propecia around 3 years ago I have thinned out a little more. Thinking about getting on it again but still on the fence about it due to the side effects I had. Anyhow I will create a weblog but just wanted to post some preliminary pics and get a little feedback. Dr. Feller placed around 3300 in the frontal 1/3 of my scalp. My main goal was to define a hairline and create a little more density in this area as well as behind it toward mid scalp. Dr. Feller and his staff are great. I find it pretty amazing how they do this type of work day in and day out. What a difference this procedure was compared to my previous procedure with Dr. Loria. I had practically no scabbing this time, and the redness went away in just a matter of days. The work seems light years ahead of what I had done in the past. Just wish I had found out about this site sooner.

5_days_post_op.JPG.ce682ffa5a0965626de40e748389cf4d.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. Since you've gone through a poor experience before, you should be that much more elated to get the quality work it appears you received from Dr. Feller.

John_in_NC has a good point, your hair characteristics are such that you should receive maximum value for what was placed. I'll be anxious to track your progress, be sure to post pics if you can.

Happy growin' icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank, is your avatar Mark Twain?

It reminds me of his self introduction at a speech he gave:

"I was once introduced by a Lawyer, who kept his hands in his pockets. He said, that I was Mark Twain, a humorist, who was really funny. However, we had a more extraordinary person in our midst than a humorist who was really funny, we had a lawyer who kept his hands in his own pockets."

Hey thanks for the response guys. Its good to hear your opinions. Specially all the regulars that I see on here. I've been following these forums for a while and was anxious to "join the crew". icon_smile.gif Today is my first day back at work with no hat 17 days later. It was a long few weeks but I got through it. I think I look somewhat normal with a buzz cut and prothik covering my scar. Would rather use Dermatch b/c my scar is still a bit red but Prothik does a better job covering things up. Although it tends to be more irritating on the scar. I only got one comment today from someone asking me if I wore a hat this morning..lol...guess she noticed a little bit of separation from the scar. Other than that no one else seems to know or care. My fears of coming back to work were way overated. I'll be sure to post about my progress. Probably going to setup a weblog as well. That is good to hear about the benefits of having black curly hair. I've hated my type of hair all my life but now for once it seems like it will work to my advantge.

Mark H-

Not sure on the Avitar..........It looks like some pics I've seen of him but, in reality, it was the one I liked best when I looked through the available choices (specially his hair icon_wink.gif)! Nice quote about the lawyer with his hands in his own pockets..........pretty good (no offense, B-spot!! icon_biggrin.gif)

Orion - Nice to hear you comment about the fears of "coming back to work". Many have even to opt skipping a HT for fear of having to shave down. As I've said before "we're our own worst critics". If I ever have another HT, dealing with shaving down would be last on my list of concerns. I think if a person has at least 2 weeks recovery time, pulling off the close-cropped look is a non-event.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Sounds good Bill icon_smile.gif..to be honest reading your log about your procedure with Dr. True really inspired me to get off my Butt to finally schedule a procedure. Your loss pattern is very similar to mine and I liked how your hairline came out in your 1 year post op pics. I'm really getting attached to my hairs that I have now and I think I will be sad to see them go. Kind of liking the buzz cut look. Its amazing to see a hairline in front of my head after all these years of not having one. I'm just hoping to get a good yield out of this and get back as many as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I created a weblog. You can see my pre Feller pics which will show my micro/mini graft work with Dr. Loria. However for some reason I'm getting an error on the information section of my blog. I'm hoping my link will work.

Ok I see my URL is not showing up. I'll keep working at this. Sorry icon_frown.gif

The weblog has an ASP coding error, probably unrelated to anything you are doing. however, since I'm a web programmer, I'll tell you that Type Mismatch typically means that in a certain type of field, the wrong data was keyed in. Log back in and make sure you've keyed numbers in number fields, dates in date fields, etc. also, in case the web programmer didn't do any replace() statements, make sure you don't use single quotes or commas in your blog. I've seen these create problems in the past in things I've programmed until I put in a "fix". The programmer typically takes care of these potential syntax or type mismatch errors by putting in custom validation of field entry, but perhaps this is the issue. So the above steps might resolve the problem from a user standpoint unless the code is breaking somewhere else...because that definately could happen too.

As for your profile, I'm not sure...try putting in regular text in your signature and see if that works and then try reposting the link.

Bill

Hi Orion, congrats on the procedure, and kudos for choosing a great doctor. i saw your post op pics and they shaved your entire front. How in the world did you get to work on day 17 without anyone noticing?

Can you post a pic of you with prothick on, just so i get an idea.

Paris

Hi Paris..

Well before going to work I went and got a really short haircut after my staples were removed. The barber pretty much did a #2 all around which blended well with the top. Seriously it looked like I had a buzz cut. The only issue was my scar. Dermatch on that length of hair doesnt quite cut it. You can still see the scar for some reason. So what I did was put on dermatch first, then finished it off with prothik. Prothik does a better job of covering it up. Its faster too. I also use Toppik as well on the scar. However its difficult to apply since you cant see where your putting it. I just got used to applying everything I had available. Now I just swap back and forth..lol The 1 comment I heard at work was from some woman who asked if I wore a hat in the morning cause she said it left a vague line in the back of my head. lol...that was it no one elese has said anything. My hair in the back has grown a bit longer so I'm leaving it at this lenght. I'll post a pic of how it looks now. Unfortunately I didnt take a pic of when I first got the cut. Honestly though it was no way near as bad as I thought it would be. My fears of coming back to work were extremely overated

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks BadHair! I'll be posting my two month pics in a few weeks. Not much has happened except for the usual shedding of transplanted grafts. My previous transplanted hair is starting to grow to a decent length so now I can get away with using some dermatch and topik on top. Still a little numbness in the back of my head but getting better. A little shockloss on the sides of my scar but nothing too major. Easily covered up with the Dermatch icon_wink.gif

"?? "There are several ways to camouflage area. Toppik can be applied as soon as the second day after the procedure."

This is the advive from Dr Epstein regarding Toppik. I'm sure he won't mind me posting it here.

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Paris...

I started using dermatch, prothik, and toppik (not all together just switched back and fourth) on the donor area approximately 2 weeks after surgery. For the recipient site I waited 6 weeks until I started using Dermatch and Topik. I didn't ask my doctor but now that you mentioned it I probably should of. I've just read a lot on here how people use dermatch and/or topik quite early so I felt it would be ok. Maybe I'll give Dr. Feller a quick buzz just to make sure.

• 2 weeks later...

posted my 2 month pics. Not much going on just going through the shock loss phase on top and a little on the left side of my head where the scar starts. As my comments mention I can't really tell what percentage of the post op grafts remained on top. The hair I have on top now is for the most part (I THINK) a mixture of my pre-op TP hair growing and some of my native hair that survived. Still have a bit of numbness on the back of my head but the top seems to be fine now. Just trying to remain patient and positive. Been using Dermatch a lot which helps bigtime.