will price for HT drop in 2008

I only see the price of HT making an appreciable decline in the "near" future if FUE megasessions become a proven, viable procedure; in which case, I imagine FUT will become like the VHS tape when DVDs came along and became the gold standard. HM would certaintly do the same to an even greater level, but that reality is so obscure at this point I wouldn't start thinking it has any sort of impact for another decade or so.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I *think* Cole is veering in that direction.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I have sold off of all of my real estate holdings and invested in ht as I know they are going to skyrocket in the coming months...

I don't think there will be any change in the SLIGHTEST with respect to any type of ht procedure. Even IF Armani's mega FUE sessions prove to be a success, he charges so much and his ethics are so questionable that it will have absolutely no effect on the other clinics offering strip.

He is one surgeon--and one questionable surgeon at that---who is working on mega fue. Even if they are a success, there is no way one surgeon can pose a threat to the rest of the clinics. In addition, he has already quoted one guy on this forum $100K for a transplant. Even if there were ten surgeons who had proven FUE megasessions and they were only charging $50K for a megasession they would still not be a threat to top strip surgeons and as a result the prices would not drop. Supply and demand: how many people are both able and willing to pay anywhere from 4-6x for a FUE session that they would for a strip with the same results without the scar? Not too many and not even ONE surgeon is proven to bring the results. As a result, no change.

Just like with every other new technology that comes along the previous "state of the art" never immediately drops in price. Quite the contrary the new "state of the art" is double or triple what the old gold standard was for a period of time. Its only when the new state of the art is mass produced by cheaper companies that the old standard becomes cheaper.

darkmanhyk,

I don't know where you live. But if your having trouble paying for a world class doc and your looking to get this done soon, then I hope your in the EU because the exchange rate would be your only quick fix.

I have sold off of all of my real estate holdings and invested in ht as I know they are going to skyrocket in the coming months...

You're a riot! buy, buy, no-sell. oh damn! That's what happens with my hot stock tips.

As far as I know, there are no plans to decrease prices in 2008 at SMG. Sorry, but at least there are no plans to increase prices either despite rising costs of ... well, just about all the expenses. It's not cheap to get a ht, fue or fut.

And why do you seek my humble opinion? What do you need to know. It looked like you had it covered.

I just like saying 'temples'...

lol, that's what I thought.

I hope for your sake Kojak that oil prices do not effect ht prices. icon_smile.gif

prices will always go up especially with the top clinics as they have 4 + month waiting lists. no clinic will drop there prices with all that money already in the bank. its only clinics that are to be avoided that will drop there prices....coz they have to!!

Originally posted by chucky:

hi janna

oil is the cause of many things icon_wink.gif

Don't I know it. I won't expound on that subject as I know it'll only cause a rukus.

I'm sorry to hear the prices of ht's are going up.

Dr. Feller's fee schedule was and still is one of the most reasonable compared to other surgeons. In the NYC area, his new fee schedule still remains less than True,Dorin,Bernstein, Epstein & Bosley.

Still a reasonable fee for one of the coalition's finest.