want to know about dr jennifer martinick...pls help

hi guys..i have just added myself as a member to

this site as you people share a lot of useful info..

i am from india and would really appreciate if u members can help...

actually dr jennifer martinick(perth,australia) is coming here in april and i plan to get my first ever HT of around 2500 FU grafts done from here...

i just want an opinion from people on this site who know her or have had a HT from her...or any kind of info about her good or bad..

any kind of comments

as it can really help me in making up my mind for her..

hi guys..i have just added myself as a member to

this site as you people share a lot of useful info..

i am from india and would really appreciate if u members can help...

actually dr jennifer martinick(perth,australia) is coming here in april and i plan to get my first ever HT of around 2500 FU grafts done from here...

i just want an opinion from people on this site who know her or have had a HT from her...or any kind of info about her good or bad..

any kind of comments

as it can really help me in making up my mind for her..

I don't know a lot about Dr. Martinick and never had her do any work on me, but I have some comments.

First, there are some really BAD hair transplant techniques still being used in India (which I am certain Dr. Martinick does not use). I am talking about big punch grafts. If you don't choose Dr. Martinick, please make sure that the doctor that you do choose does not use outdated punch grafting techniques. Please look at the home page here, there is an article called Best_hair_transplant_procedure You want to make sure that whichever doctor you choose uses only "Follicular Unit Micrografts" and dissects the donor area using MICROSCOPES. I believe this is Dr. Martinick's approach... ask her.

Many doctors do not use this approach, so read this article and be careful. Choose your doctor carefully and know what you are getting involved with. If you choose only a mediocre doctor, you will likely regret your hair transplant later.

If you tell us some more details about yourself and possibly post a picture, we can give more specific comments.

One website for good general information for novices is www.hairtransplantadviser.org

Keep asking questions!

first of all thanks alot for showing concern..

i too dont wish to get my first ever HT done in india..though punch grafting is outdated here too and doctors here do perform the latest tech. but they themselves are very new to it..

and as it is a bit costly so a limited number of people go for the latest single follicular grafts procedure here in india...

so from this site i came to know about dr.jennifer who has so many years of experience and she comes to india after every 6months and she also charges double to what doctors here in india charge..

money is not a problem to me but the sad part is

i contacted the people here in india who do the booking for her...and asked them to make me meet any of her patients...to which they replied that the patients dont wish to come in limelight..

which i can understand as people here in india are a little shy to discuss any of there problems

so was wondering if i could get to know about here

work through people here..i have gone to many of her sites which are quiet impressing but still dont wish to take any chances...

i am sending you my pictures...do comment

what can be the best for me...

thanks...

clear_front_view.jpg.e02e77a72450bc66431d29c303219e26.jpg

Hi,

Don't know this Doctor, however the number sounds correct. I have pretty much the same balding pattern as you & same "island of hair" remaining in the centre & was quoted 2500 as well from Dr Jeffrey Epstein. Your donor area looks very dense as well, so no problem on this side. I think you'll have great results.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

getting a hairline is a must for me....for which i am ready...

but do u think i must go for a HT at my crown area

as u can still see some hair and even growning... though they wont last long but i have heard that trasplanting new hair can have the existing roots die......

please comment

You are correct, a surgery can speed up the death of the existing hair, if it is already 'fragile' when you have surgery. It looks like you should be concerned about that, as you do have existing hair all over your head.

Have you tried Finasteride? I know that some people do not want to use medications, but it looks like you would be a good candidate for Finasteride (Propecia in the US, I believe it is called Fincar in India). You should try to stop the progression of hair loss, before getting surgery. That can help prevent the aforementioned "shock loss" from surgery. Also, a hair transplant cannot replace your entire head of hair. The more natural hair you can maintain, the better you will look, whether you get a transplant or not.

You should probably not expect to graft in the crown area, as most guys do not have enough donor supply to do the entire head. A percentage of guys do lightly graft the crown, but don't assume that you will automatically be one of those guys (although you may turn out to be). I disagree with the person who said it looks like you have a strong donor area. What little we can see of your donor area looks a little bit "see through" or lacking in density.

If you have never tried any medication like Fincar and are open to trying it, I would use it for a year and postpone any thoughts of surgery until you re-assses your progress after that year is up. It is always better to preserve the hair you have, rather than resort to surgery. You look like a good candidate for Propecia, plus if you did decide to get a hair transplant at some point, it should help prevent shock loss.

I am not impressed that Dr. Martinick can't provide you with any sample patients to see in person.

What is your approximate age? How long have you been losing hair? Guys with recent hair loss tend to respond better than average to medications like Finasteride. If Finasteride did work for you, you could probably skip grafting in the crown altogether, which is ideal.

i am 23yr male loosing hair since i was 18...

i did use medication and not only one...i started

off with helsinki formula for 4 to 5 months with no change at all...then after sometime i used ervamartin hair lotion which too did not help..

so now adays just to stop my hairloss i use minoxidil 5% at night only (as morning use leaves my hair to oily for the whole day) and a normal protein tablet daily..with some scalp excercises

this i have been doing since 2 months and it seems to work in reducing my hairfall...

i am thinking of getting a HT done just for my front and leave the back as it is on medication

and see for a yrs time...as if i do also use any medication it wont help for my front..

as i have heard and read that medication if suits you it really works good for the crown area and not that much for the front...

so in any case i cant get my front hairline back..

and if i go for a good density HT just for my frontal hairline..and not for the crown

i can always get a second session for my crown area a year after.....if the medication does not help

what do u say???

Hey bro... I heard that you said money was not a problem for you...If that is the case I think your better off going elsewhere to get a trasnplant...

I'm from Australia and have heard about Martinick... She uses all follicular units and practices the lateral slit technique as well however I have yet to see many results of hers in person as well...

So although I think she is one of the better doctor's around make sure you do your research and go with the best it trully isn't something to take lightly!!

Take it from me, I know

~pArABLE~

Helsinki Formula is junk, and I am sure Ervanartin hair lotion is junk too.

Finasteride is the most effective treatment. I would add it to your routine and give it one year. Finasteride and Minoxidil supposedly work well together.

And these medications can work anywher on your heaed that you have miniaturized hair. The temples are tough to regrow, but you should be able to reinforce all of the areas you still have some hair left.

Some guys want to do everything "natural" and will not want to use Finasteride. In which case I remind you that there is nothing "natural" about getting a hair transplant. But Finasteride is the most effective treatment by far, nothing else comes close, that Ive heard of yet.

i have gone double minded about my HT decision

but desperately need my front hairline to be restored....if thinks work out well with doc jennifer then i will just get my front restored and leave the crown on medication for a year and if dont get the desired results then can always go for the second setting (only if the first one works out to be good)....

what do u say??

and are you sure its called Fincar in India...is it a lotion or medicine...as i have not heard anyone talk about it here...and i think its also possible that its not yet available in india....

are you sure its been launched in india??

This is Propecia's equivalent, just made in India

by Cipla(I think). Try these guys out, I just placed an order and got immediate confirmation when my order was shipped. Takes 7-14 days to get the stuff, but the price was to good to pass up. Hope this helps. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks alot for dropping a line...

as i am in any case planning for a HT next month..for my frontline ...i cant take any medication now....

but as u have ordered and will start having it...

please let me know about your progress...in here or in the private msg

thanks for the info anyways...

but do keep in touch

If you check out the site, supposedly the drugs come blister packed by the manufacturer. I'm not saying good/bad right now. As soon as I receive my pills I'll post a follow-up.

Spot

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Just received my Finpecia (1mg Finasteride)!!!

I must confess i'm very pleased with the packing and the overall look of the medicine. Each packet of pills are blister packed and stamped for expiration. The pills came 8 days after I ordered them online, came with a receipt, and a 1-800 customer service number(if I have any problems). I don't know if this will work for everyone, but everything seems to be working out fine. I post a follow-up if any reactions occur

Spot

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

my friend thats the funniest part....

i am getting my HT done from her but till now i have not met her....as she will come in april to india and ill meet her just a day before my HT where we will plan everything in detail....till now i have just met her associate who does the booking for her....

i had sent my photos to dr jennifer were she adviced me for 2000 grafts.....1200 to 1500 for front and around 800 for crown...

going for my front hairline is sure but crown is still to thing about...

she will tell me the best she can do for my crown once we meet a day before..and then ill make up

my mind...

Hi mate,

I'm from Australia and I had a transplant done by Dr Martinick in September last year.

She is very professional and there is no bullcrap about her.

My hair is growing in nicely and I've still got a few months to go.

Good luck and don't worry.

hi there,

i was just lookin for a man who had an experience with dr.Jennifer

the way u sound it seems to be good..

have you posted any photos for yours in here...if not then can u do so....

so i could just have a look...

* i also wanted to know that what method she uses

to close the donor area...

* after how many months did u again started

applying minoxidil...did it burn or cause any

kind of irritation in the new or donor area..

* how natural does your frontline looks after her

work...(how much u would rate your new hairs

out of 10)...

Hey dude,

Sorry I don't have any photos from it, I think there are a few at her clinic. I also don't have the equipment to scan them on here yet.

The donor was stiched up with a fine stitch and this was taken out by a nurse two weeks post op.

I can hardly see a scar unlease I look real hard for it, my redness has faded away real well.

The new growth coming through is great, it looks exactly the same as my normal existing hair with the same direction and style. As this was my first HT I was anxious and never though it would start to grow.

I'm at the 6 month mark now and I should know the full cosmetic result in a couple of months.

I've got a review in May to hopefully go for my next procedure in July, hopefully I will be able to post some pictures on this website then.

If you want to ask more just let me know.

for dropping a line and this useful info..

just wanted to know how many grafts u got done in the first procedure...(i think u said 750)

if the above number is correct then why do u need the second proc so early again..

is it for the crown area now????

if yes then why u did not go for the crown in the first one??

just wanted to know as i am to thinking of getting only my front done and not the crown ...as i have hair out there as u can see in the pic...and just want to be on medication for some time...as minoxidil works grate for the crown