Dr Hasson and Dr Wong

Ok so I had a cyber consultation with Mike at Dr Hasson and Dr wongs office. They said I need around 3500 graft and told me how much it was and WOW its expensive to have this done. I just want some opinions. Is it worth it for me to go all the way to Vancouver and pay all of this money to have this done? I hear these guys are the best I guess I just want to make sure before I tried to figure out how to pay for it.

If around $4 per, then yes.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Mikeb921:

Why do you say for around $4 a graft?

From my research, I think you can get a top-notch surgeon to perform the surgery at a rate of $4 or so per graft. So, the reason I said that is you posed a question if it's worth it.

Now, if they said 3500 grafts for $25,000; I would suggest you go to Arizona, Virginia, North Carolina or Florida, instead of Canada. But, I know for about $14 - $16k they'll do 3500 grafts. It'd be worth it to me. Just check out that new thread on Nictronic. That would be worth $50k to me personally.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by JoDirt:

Doesnt H&W charge 5 flat?

I think 4,000 is about $16k.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Mike,

I can appreciate your anxiety about the money and the travel but as for who is "better" I think that is for only you to decide because you are the one going in for this and you are the one has to live with the results. Look at our photos that are taken under pretty much the most brutal indoor lighting you can get and speak to our patients. Many of them are online here and other forums.

I think Dewayne mentioned the four dollar per graft figure because that is about the average cost per graft that better clinics charge. Your procedure, when averaged out per graft, is in this range, closer to 4.15 per graft so the value is there compared to what other clinics charge.

So, look at our photos, look at our videos, contact our patients and search your gut. You will be nervous no matter where you go but if it feels right then whatever decision you come to is likely the right one.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

No offense, but your really *not* going to get good answers to this question. Patient's who went to doc 'x' or doc 'y' will invariably bust out their respective pom-pom's for their respective doc's if they were happy w/their results...

Having said that, I *personally* think H&W are world class; and from my research I'd venture to say they are unparalleled by ANY docs out their with respect to not only the quality of their work, but furthermore (and in some cases of most importance) the sheer # of grafts they can move in but a single session. Without a doubt ht's are expensive, and especially if your looking at the top of the top, cream of the crop, "BIG-BOYS" in the game (i.e. H&W, Feller) and while money is not an easy issue to dismiss, when it comes to elective plastic surgery ESPECIALLY that being ht's where the results are permanently present above your eyes within ear shot of everyone for the REST of your life; I think money should be a non-variable in the equation...

One aspect that is often over looked is the fact that if your a NW5+ and you decide to go to a clinic who only moves slightly north of 2K grafts per session, you will have to have 2-3 sessions and ALL of the down time that goes along with that, to merely equal what H&W are typically pushing in but a single session...To me, THAT is priceless.

There are a TON of online pics from various docs, and H&W are chief among them in not only quantity but quality...

It sounds like you have done a considerable amount of research, but I would view as many pics from all the clinics your considering and decide for yourself who YOU think is the best.

While it is strictly a matter of personal opinion here are some cases which have persuaded ME that H&W are indeed the best:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id...on_lad|gallery12.cfm

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id...lution|gallery10.cfm

http://hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_viewer.p...ansplant_type=normal

http://hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_viewer.p...ansplant_type=normal

*I would have included Shuffle's blog, but for some reason it's no longer up. icon_eek.gificon_eek.gifCan someone contact him, as I look at it every morning before I start my day as an inspiration...

Excellent post from NG2GB

H & W are top notch no doubt but there are many other doctors on here who can perform the same top caliber of work. Indeed, I would agree they are probably the top regarding megasessions, however more is not always better taking every factor into consideration ( now with all factors being the same, yes more is better).

The top docs on here are equal ability (especially 3500 grafts)wise so take a look at what is important to you an then make a decision based on that. The amount of money you save should only be abotu 1000-1500 or so .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I'm holding my lighter up in the air too

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Forget H&W, Dr. Feller, Dr. Alexander, Dr. Rahal, Dr. Shapiro and all the other coalition docs.

Through the power of the Internet I have just discovered the absolute best HT clinic in the ENTIRE WORLD. And they also happen to have the ABSOLUTE BEST PRICE out of everyone. All you suckers who spent $4 per graft spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to cover up your bald mellons are going to be crying that you had not found this place. Imagine the things you could have bought with your savings.

NB2GB can now afford to get 20,000 grafts. God knows he needs another record to set icon_smile.gif.

GENTLEMEN! Let me introduce you to the Amazing, Wonderful, Cutting Edge, Follicular Unit Gods. The Best Hair Transplant Clinic Ever

Let them know FlyBy sent you and you'll recieve 2 HT's for the price of one. That's right TWO! Just gaze in amazement at all of the amazing before and after results and you'll see why they are the best. And toboot, your new hairs will grow in as little as 3 weeks. Imagine that 1/8 the time it takes others. Lifetime gaurantee.

Legal Disclaimer: $.67 transaplant may not grow. Results depend on how much existing hair you have to hide the results. Shockloss may occur. Pitting is possible. Looking like a freak is highly possible. Your head may remain numb for life. Donar scar may appear larger than you think. Excessive bleeding and infections may occur. 67centseach hair transplant centers are not resposible for bad results.

only if I get a toaster with my HT!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Mike,H&W now charge $ 5.00 for 1st 2000 grafts and then $ 3.00 per graft after that.

So for you that would be 14,500,and that is a very good value as there are lesser clinics out there that charge more,than going too one of the best in the world who charge less.Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Good luck and keep researching.

Dr Hasson 2-08

Im really having a difficult time making this decision. I want to make sure I get someone who does a GREAT job in implanting the hairs so they last look natural and does not cause a lot of shock loss but I also want to make sure I have a natural hairline. I dont want people to know i had it done or was ever losing my hair. Any other opinions?

Ok so I had a cyber consultation with Mike at Dr Hasson and Dr wongs office. They said I need around 3500 graft and told me how much it was and WOW its expensive to have this done. I just want some opinions. Is it worth it for me to go all the way to Vancouver and pay all of this money to have this done? I hear these guys are the best I guess I just want to make sure before I tried to figure out how to pay for it.

Mike,

Thanks for posting your question. Deciding whether or not you should undergo hair replacement surgery is a decision that only you can make. You have to weight the benefits verses the cost, and you have to be aware of the surgical risks.

Hair transplantation can be great if you select a quality hair restoration physician and have reasonable hair restoration goals. Your age, level of hair loss, amount of available donor hair, and potential risk of future hair loss, will ultimately determine how much hair coverage and hair density you can achieve from hair transplant surgery over the long term.

Hasson and Wong have a long history of doing state of the art hair transplantation. If you do elect to have surgery and select their hair transplant clinic, you will be in great hands.

Bill

Hi Mike

Where are you from as it sounds like a long way from Canada.If you post where you live the guys on here can suggest good Drs for you to consult with in close proximity to yourself.

Once you`ve had a few consults and got all the info you require you can then decide on which doctor is right for you.

One other point never let distance be a factor in choosing who you feel is the right doctor for you.

Good luck mate.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Mikeb921: When people ask me, "why did you go all the way to Canada?" And my reply to them is always the same..."because they are the best. If I had to travel to Africa to have the best, I would have." And money cannot even equate to how much my life has transformed because of such an amazing HT. Excellent posts on the subject...great advice and in the end it's all about RESULTS. If you ask me...I'll just simply tell you...I'm VERY happy. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns or questions if you wish.

🙃

Mikeb921: I agree with Bobman, I traveled from Northeast Tennessee all the way to Vancouver to have Dr Wong perform basically a "miracle" to cover up the mess that a hack Dr "Closer to home" had performed years earlier. I cannot tell you how that decision has changed my life. Dr Wong did Superior work and I, as many many other pt's of H&W, couldn't be happier with my results. Yes there are several "Top" HT surgeons, but you should understand that the difference between the top 1 or 2, from the the rest of the field is a wide margin. I think H&W are probably the #1 hair transplant surgeons in the world, I came to that conclusion when searching for someone to do my surgery, not Because they're the ones who did my surgery. I could have and would have gone anywhere in the world to get the best. Don't short change yourself. It's a decision that you will live with for the rest of your life. Goodluck.

Hi

I might disagree a bit with Spineguyscott.No doubt H & W are at the top of the field but to say the difference between them and the "rest" of the top (coalition) docs is wide is discrediting many on this site. We see results on here all the time which are top notch, including H & W but to say they are better is like saying a BMW is better than a Mercedes. It is a opinion. I feel H & W has many patients on this site who share their life changing experiences which can create a perception of bias whereas other docs do not. Feller, True, Shapiro, Keene, Rahal & many more display the same level of naturalness as H & W although we do see H &W with the highest number of grafts performed in a single session (that is still a topic for discussion).

I agree you should not let geography determine where you get your surgery done. You need to consider which doctor you feel comfortable with as well as one with a high compentency level.. Search on the site and take a look at the most mentioned docs , including H & W . Then meet them and se what you think..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Not to keep the argument going, but just to address a couple of points:

"The top docs on here are of equal ability"

How can this be? Opinions are one thing but to say that ALL of the "top" docs are equal is ludicrous almost to the point of negating your rebuttal of my opinion. How can everyone be the same? It makes no sense.

"I feel H & W has many patients on this site who share their life changing experiences which can create a perception of bias whereas other docs do not."

Shouldn't this be considered a point that validates my "opinion"? If not then would pointing out this issue insinuate that something untoward is happening for so many of H&W patients to be posting their experiences? On the one hand every doc is the same but on the other hand H&W has "many" patients that share so this may skew the perception. If they're the same why would H&W have so many patients that share?