actionradar 1800 HT Dr. Keene

hey hairbank!

yeah im pretty excited now, i was able to kinda completely forget bout looking evyday at my hair for the past month so when i saw all those little thin hairs in the mirror i did get excited i showed my sis and she was amazed too, cant wait to see how it will look in month 3. oh by the way i did find rogaine in mexico its called regaine but its the same stuff.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi action,

That's definitely new hair based on your week 5 pics... congratulations! I think these guys will stick around for a while.

At week 4, I'm starting to shed my 2500 w/Keene now. I'm glad to see your progress in that we're only a month apart. Sure is tough at first isn't it?

'06/2500 w/Dr. Keene

'07/1500 w/Dr. Keene

My Hair Loss Weblog

hey maki and midiman! how are ya!?! thanx for the commments very much appreciated, yeah all three of us are very close with are surgerys and with the same doctor, pretty cool! yeah hjope to see some new hair growing for month 3, the rogaine stuff is kinda gross, today i touched it and its like greasy but i dont mind , i just thought it would be more like water not greasy. people freak out with my scar lol

• 1 month later...

Dr. Keene has her own practice in Tucson Arizona. She does not work for H&W. She had a working relationship with the Shapiro group at one time.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hey whats up everyone!

yes gregporche Dr. Keene has her own office in tucson arizona, so thats where i had my surgery well today is my 3 month mark! check it out, Dr. Keene said im doing well and that the growing is very good and i should expect great improvement in the sixth month. Here are the updated pics just taken a few hours ago, tell me what you think you guys. Im scared of cutting the tranplanted place with the machine thing as i did the rest of my head hehehe.

3monthsmall.jpg

month3difsmall.jpg

It went really well. I actually remember the movies that I watched this time. I flew home the next day, which flying really sucks these days. Went back to work 5-days out, and no one noticed. The redness went away pretty quickly. Just going through a little bit of the itchies right now. Looks really good. I'll try to post some pics for you this weekend. It is much easier the second time around. You know what to expect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Radar

Big difference than day 1 .. It will take 6 months or so to see a BIG difference. Personally. I see the biggest difference between months 8-10 ( in my 2 HT's).. It can be common for hair to grow in slower or of an odd texture.. Give it 12 full months before the assessment is made..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

hey thanx for your reply Mrjb, yeah i was getting kinda nervous but you must know about this since youre on your second HT, cant wait to get to the 6 month mark ,i really want to see how its gonna look, all of this is very exciting hehehe.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone , well its month 5 finally, my hair hasnt grown like a lot as i wanted to but i gotta be patient i guess, as you can see one side is growing much more than the other side, but i was told it is normal so not worried about that anymore, i was thinking about getting a hair cut cuz it looks kinda bad as it is right now lol

frontmonth5sm.jpg

leftsidemont5sm.jpg

rightsidemonth5sm.jpg

Hi Action,

Thanks for the update. Judging by your original pics you appear to be a little bit of a late bloomer. Following the outline of the hair placement pattern you should have plenty of sprouting/growing to do. Hang in there my friend! The next couple of months should be interesting for you. icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

action-

Yes....it's somewhat normal as growth seems to vary a lot from person to person. Another late bloomer that comes to mind is Gorpy. Just give it another month or two and see how it goes.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 month later...

ok well heres my month 6 mark and some pics, i think im really slow on growing my hair, but i have always been like that,i just hope its me that grows slow and not my graft that didnt work, so it is very frustrating to see how slow its going, gimme your thoughts on it. thanx!

6monthdryhair.jpg

sidemonth6.jpg

frontmonth6.jpg

leftsidemonth6.jpg

rightsidemonth6.jpg

Guest Cousin_It

Actionradar...

I would not worry about the slow growth, it varies from one person to another. The ultimate results are what counts and this will not become fully evident until 12 months or so. I am sure a surgeon of Dr.Keene's calibre did an outstanding job and it will ultimately become evident in time.

Are you using any meds, in particular minoxidil. Many surgeons advocate its use after surgery to enhance growth.

Looking forward to more updates as growth accelerates. Best of Luck!

Hey Action,

I can understand your frustration and concern about slow growth...but it definately does and CAN happen to people...so don't be discouraged yet. Give it a full year and see what happens. Unfortunately, I went to look at your blog for before photos, but when I click on your link it says no match found...so I really can't tell whether or not there has been any growth or not. Any chance of getting that fixed or posting some before photos?

Bill

Action,

Comparing to the pic you posted the very first of this thread, yes, it appears you still have some grafts that have not come in. With 1800 grafts on the amount of area you covered, I wouldn't expect real dense coverage, but you should have coverage nonetheless. I would guess you should experience a good bit of growth within the next two months, if not you may want to check with Dr. Keene and see what she thinks. Hang in there and thanks for sharing the pics.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog